ADVERTISEMENT

SIX Big 12 teams in Elite Eight??? !!!!

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
So by far the toughest conference in America by any standards gets only SEVEN teams in March Madness.

1 Kansas, 2 Texas, 3 Baylor, 3 Kansas State, 6 TCU, 6 Iowa State, 9 West Virginia.

Oklahoma State was left out. Cowboys beat Iowa State (twice), TCU, West Virginia and had 18-14 season record. Texas Tech and Oklahoma, too, but that’s no surprise.

Mathematically, Baylor and West Virginia could meet in Elite Eight and winner could meet Kansas State in Final Four.
Kansas and TCU could meet in Elite Eight
Texas and Iowa State could meet in Sweet Sixteen.

So SIX of SEVEN Big 12 teams could be in Elite Eight! Wouldn’t THAT be awesome!

Big 12 teams in March Madness

9 West Virginia vs. 8 Maryland in Birmingham South Region Winner probably will face 1 Alabama in 2nd round. Chance for WVU to make noise.

3 Baylor vs. California Santa Barbara In Denver South Winner probably gets North Carolina State in 2nd round

3 Kansas State vs. Montana State in Greensboro East Region Winner gets Kentucky-Providence winner in 2nd round

6 Iowa State vs. Pitt/Mississippi State winner in Greensboro Midwest Region

2 Texas vs. Colgate in Des Moines in Midwest Region Winner gets Penn State-Texas A&M winner in 2nd round

1 Kansas vs. Howard in Des Moines West Region Winner gets Arkansas-Illinois winner in 2nd round

6 TCU vs. Arizona State/Nevada winner in Denver in West Region Winner gets Gonzaga-Grand Canyon winner ins 2nd round

Let the Madness begin!

So by far the toughest conference in America by any standards gets only SEVEN teams in March Madness.

1 Kansas, 2 Texas, 3 Baylor, 3 Kansas State, 6 TCU, 6 Iowa State, 9 West Virginia.

Oklahoma State was left out. Cowboys beat Iowa State (twice), TCU, West Virginia and had 18-14 season record. Texas Tech and Oklahoma, too, but that’s no surprise.

Mathematically, Baylor and West Virginia could meet in Elite Eight and winner could meet Kansas State in Final Four.

9 West Virginia vs. 8 Maryland in Birmingham South Region Winner probably will face 1 Alabama in 2nd round. Chance for WVU to make noise.

3 Baylor vs. California Santa Barbara In Denver South Winner probably gets North Carolina State in 2nd round

3 Kansas State vs. Montana State in Greensboro East Region Winner gets Kentucky-Providence winner in 2nd round

2 Texas vs. Colgate in Des Moines in Midwest Region Winner gets Penn State-Texas A&M winner in 2nd round

1 Kansas vs. Howard in Des Moines West Region Winner gets Arkansas-Illinois winner in 2nd round

6 TCU vs. Arizona State/Nevada winner in Denver in West Region Winner gets Gonzaga-Grand Canyon winner ins 2nd round

Let the Madness begin!
An awful lot of what ifs in the above.

Reactions: Rootmaster
An awful lot of what ifs in the above.
You know me, silver linings rather than dark clouds. 7.5 extra years of life for being that way. We both want WVU and Big 12 to romp through March Madness, right? Mountaineers will have to shock the nation by beating Maryland and Alabama. I know that's a TALL order. But March Madness in the early rounds historically has such amazing leaps of tall buildings with a single bound. If the 9 Strangers who became 9 Saviors play the way they did in the 7-game run it could happen. Not likely, but silver linings make me live a happier life, and 7.5 years longer than the dark clouds people, as medical research has shown. WVU hasn't lost a game in this March Madness yet.

You know me, silver linings rather than dark clouds. 7.5 extra years of life for being that way. We both want WVU and Big 12 to romp through March Madness, right? Mountaineers will have to shock the nation by beating Maryland and Alabama. I know that's a TALL order. But March Madness in the early rounds historically has such amazing leaps of tall buildings with a single bound. If the 9 Strangers who became 9 Saviors play the way they did in the 7-game run it could happen. Not likely, but silver linings make me live a happier life, and 7.5 years longer than the dark clouds people, as medical research has shown. WVU hasn't lost a game in this March Madness yet.
Go hold a target convoluted one.

Let the Madness begin!
Not sure what you're complaining about when a conference gets 70% of its teams in the Tournament. Okie State is 18-14 nothing special about that.

Let the Madness begin!
It’s supposed to seven. Seven teams from the Big 12 and the rule (according to you) said “NO EIGHT TEAM QUAD WILL HAVE TWO TEAMS FROM THE SAME CONFERENCE “. When are you suing the NCAA for breaking the rules? Remember that you only deal with facts and since you (being such a great sports writer) have been covering the NCAA tournament since the days of only 16 team field then you know what you’re talking about.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
It’s supposed to seven. Seven teams from the Big 12 and the rule (according to you) said “NO EIGHT TEAM QUAD WILL HAVE TWO TEAMS FROM THE SAME CONFERENCE “. When are you suing the NCAA for breaking the rules? Remember that you only deal with facts and since you (being such a great sports writer) have been covering the NCAA tournament since the days of only 16 team field then you know what you’re talking about.
LOVE YOUR SARCASM BECAUSE I RECEIVE IT AS HUMOR. AFTER WVU BEATS MARYLAND AND ALABAMA WILL YOU BE AS SNARKY?

It makes no sense why they left Okla State out. With them in we may have dominated this tournament.

LOVE YOUR SARCASM BECAUSE I RECEIVE IT AS HUMOR. AFTER WVU BEATS MARYLAND AND ALABAMA WILL YOU BE AS SNARKY?
What does my post have to do with WVU ?

It has to do with your knowledge (or lack there of) on the “rules” that govern the NCAA Selection Committee’s placement of teams and their conference affiliation.

Why don't you put CFE on ignore??? You're the one that needs a life.
The whole forum knows that. But he'll grab the spotlight no matter how ignorant and immoral he looks. He's more to be pitied than censored. Makes up lies about me to make him not feel bad about himself for a moment. People in misery are addicted to picking on people who are happy and intelligent. I make a perfect target for him. I NEVER respond to his original posts. He ALWAYS responds to mine, even at 3 a.m.! Must not sleep waiting to insult me. So sad, huh?

I always sleep in chunks, have for years. Wake up at 3 or 4 a.m. and do something constructive, like providing the forum my wisdom with the numbers. RM stays up in the middle of the night because he hate-posts without facts within minutes when I post that late. I don't respond to his original posts and I have him on Ignore. I still get my 8 to 10 hours of sleep but my body requires watery deposits in the toilet every 4 hours, asleep or awake. So you want to poke fun at me for that? I'm 90. I obey my body. Better than wetting the bed, as many of those in the 90s do.

I always sleep in chunks, have for years. Wake up at 3 or 4 a.m. and do something constructive, like providing the forum my wisdom with the numbers. RM stays up in the middle of the night because he hate-posts without facts within minutes when I post that late. I don't respond to his original posts and I have him on Ignore. I still get my 8 to 10 hours of sleep but my body requires watery deposits in the toilet every 4 hours, asleep or awake. So you want to poke fun at me for that? I'm 90. I obey my body. Better than wetting the bed, as many of those in the 90s do.

CFE. Folks on this site are sounding a lot like those on tos...when discussing your rambling, clueless, fake sportswriter posts. Whether you use CFE, Talmadgeer, Longtimeer, or any of your other identity stealing profiles the result of your posts is the same... irritation, laughter or an occasional vomit. You are a no talent, wannabe jock sniffer pretending to be something you aren't. Remember I know the real you.

Last edited:
I was asking a question about a poster on another board. No one wants to hear you try to prop up your identity with a bloated story. Besides, you are past due telling everyone you are an alumnus of WVU, again.

Reactions: Rootmaster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT