ADVERTISEMENT

Senator Joe......"build the wall"

Again, you are taking examples to the extreme. Taxing corporations to pay for programs that benefit lower class Americans isn’t wealth redistribution, imo. At any rate, he doesn’t advocate for eliminating all of the wealth from corporate or wealthy America.

The CCC didnt work? The TVA? Either your knowledge of history is limited, or younsee it through an ideological lens.

Both the TVA and the CCC could have and should have been designed developed and built entirely by private industry. Government did not have to be involved and as it is private industry did most of the work on both anyway. Government involvement simply added to the costs and administration.

Government doesn't build the cell phone towers that make our smart phones work or host the server farms that feed traffic along the internet. IT companies built all of that as well as the devices we use that makes it all worthwhile.

Both the TVA and the CCC could have and should have been designed developed and built entirely by private industry. Government did not have to be involved and as it is private industry did most of the work on both anyway. Government involvement simply added to the costs and administration.

Government doesn't build the cell phone towers that make our smart phones work or host the server farms that feed traffic along the internet. IT companies built all of that as well as the devices we use that makes it all worthwhile.
Who built the interstate system?

Government exerting control over industry through taxation and regulation is not at all the same as "nationalizing all major industry".

At some point you could just admit that you overstated your case. It happens, no shame in it.

I did overstate the actual definition however Government control over private enterprise tends to metastasize and swollow everything that gets in the way. The end result is Government running all private enterprise or at least controlling it which is the same thing in my mind.(as Nationalizing...ownership)

Companies contracted out by the Government. Why or where is it written the Government has to do anything we can do privately and probably better?

US postal service? Nope e mail, Fed Ex, and UPS. Building roads? What's the Government run company that can do it better than Hughes paving or Wilson road grading?

Who built the IT infrastructure we use now on the internet powering our Telecommunications?

Are you saying we couldn't have done that with the interstate highway system or we couldn't duplicate that today if we needed to?

Companies contracted out by the Government. Why or where is it written the Government has to do anything we can do privately and probably better?

US postal service? Nope e mail, Fed Ex, and UPS. Building roads? What's the Government run company that can do it better than Hughes paving or Wilson road grading?
That’s it, just crap all over a government initiative (brought forth by a Republican President) that streamlined travel and shipping. It absolutely boosted the economy, lowered food and delivery costs, and revolutionized tourism in many places across the nation. Business and government work together.

I guarantee you scale private schools to the level of as many students in public schools.....the result will be bad for many in the nation.

Privatization doesn’t always work. What’s your thoughts on judges taking kick backs for sentencing juveniles to jail time when our prison was privatized in areas of the nation?

Exactly what those programs provided

I have no problem with programs that target a need, develop a strategy, employ it, measure it, adjust, evaluate, then declare success or remediation to realize it. Then once success is defined and achieved disbands.

But that is not the model of most Leftist inspired programs. It. typically follows the pattern of identifying need, & designing a solution, but then it diverts into creating dependence and only assuring the future of the program and the pols who run it rather than measuring or testing for results. Oh they do come back...asking for more money or threatening world devastation if the program is cut or terminated. No one on the Left is ever held accountable for results. Just rewarded for good intentions.

Last edited:
That’s it, just crap all over a government initiative (brought forth by a Republican President) that streamlined travel and shipping. It absolutely boosted the economy, lowered food and delivery costs, and revolutionized tourism in many places across the nation. Business and government work together.

I guarantee you scale private schools to the level of as many students in public schools.....the result will be bad for many in the nation.

Privatization doesn’t always work. What’s your thoughts on judges taking kick backs for sentencing juveniles to jail time when our prison was privatized in areas of the nation?

The whole idea behind privatization is to scale smaller. Smaller is best in schools and private industry.

The shipping of goods and services could have also been as easily redressed through more efficient processes. No Government program runs Amazon.com's distribution networks and they are close to maximum efficiency serving a world wide customer base. CCC could have been run the same way.

For every problem you tend to look for Government first as a solution and dismiss private initiatives. The fact remains however that Government builds nothing, makes nothing, designs nothing, generates no profits and has no competition. It by nature is inefficient.

The whole idea behind privatization is to scale smaller. Smaller is best in schools and private industry.

The shipping of goods and services could have also been as easily redressed through more efficient processes. No Government program runs Amazon.com's distribution networks and they are close to maximum efficiency serving a world wide customer base. CCC could have been run the same way.

For every problem you tend to look for Government first as a solution and dismiss private initiatives. The fact remains however that Government builds nothing, makes nothing, designs nothing, generates no profits and has no competition. It by nature is inefficient.
Not every problem. Never said anything like that. Again, you’re talking to the “leftist boogie man” in your head

your thoughts on judges taking kick backs for sentencing juveniles to jail time when our prison was privatized in areas of the nation?

I'm not sure of the exact conditions you mention here but I can say that is not either legal or Justice. You are right to point that out as a flaw in privatization of our criminal justice system but as I said that is illegal and deserves prosecution itself.

But you are not as vociferous over the blatant and rampant corruption of our current Governent run Department of Justice where evidence is emerging not only of willful violations of law, but usurpation of our civil liberties as well as using the Justice department in attempts to overturn a duly elected public official! This is the Government department Constitutionally constructed to protect both our law and liberties and they apparently have sh*t on both just because they didn't like the people's choice for President!

Not every problem. Never said anything like that. Again, you’re talking to the “leftist boogie man” in your head

I just don't hear you arguing as strongly for private enterprise as you do more big Government.

I'm not sure of the exact conditions you mention here but I can say that is not either legal or Justice. You are right to point that out as a flaw in privatization of our criminal justice system but as I said that is illegal and deserves prosecution itself.

But you are not as vociferous over the blatant and rampant corruption of our current Governent run Department of Justice where evidence is emerging not only of willful violations of law, but usurpation of our civil liberties as well as using the Justice department in attempts to overturn a duly elected public official! This is the Government department Constitutionally constructed to protect both our law and liberties and they apparently have sh*t on both just because they didn't like the people's choice for President!
Are you now suggesting we privatize the Justice system?

Please reveal to me the evidence that points to obvious corruption.

I just don't hear you arguing as strongly for private enterprise as you do more big Government.
Because I believe in public schools? I am actually arguing against your extreme division of left versus right, and your lack of understanding of the balance that’s made our nation great.

Are you now suggesting we privatize the Justice system?

Please reveal to me the evidence that points to obvious corruption.

No boom...I was simply trying to respond to the question you asked me about Judges taking kick backs for sentencing kids to private jails. Wrong. Illegal. Bad.

Do I think jails should be privately run? I see no problem with that. Private contract security companies protect assets in this country that totals in the billions. Everything from bank money transfers like Brinks trucks to private residences. Why couldn't we hire private companies to warehouse hardened criminals? Rehab them. Put them to work rebuilding infrastructure or making shoes for the Military? If it saved us money, taught the inmates marketable job skills and kept them safely off the streets I'd have no problem with it really.

Last edited:
Because I believe in public schools? I am actually arguing against your extreme division of left versus right, and your lack of understanding of the balance that’s made our nation great.

I'm a Capitalist, Free enterprise, privatization type. I always look to markets and Freedom first to address our needs, especially if they are not specifically and Constitutionally mandated by Government which few things we need are.

Courts, Legislation, Military, Money supply. That's about it...we can take care of all the rest in the private sector and do it better than bureaucrats.

Last edited:
No boom...I was simply trying to respond to the question you asked me about Judges taking kick backs for sentencing kids to private jails. Wrong. Illegal. Bad.

Do I think jails should be privately run? I see no problem with that. Private contract security companies protect assets in this country that totals in the billions. Everything from money transfers like Brinks trucks to private residences. Why couldn't we hire private companies to warehouse hardened criminals. Rehab them. Put them to work rebuilding infrastructure or making shoes for the Military? If it saved us money, taught the inmates marketable job skills and kept them safely off the streets I'd have no problem with it really.
We’ve done it. The incentive for the private jailing company isn’t for rehabilitation. The incentive is for more sentencing, hence the kickbacks to judges for harsh sentencing. Businesses make money, and most do whatever they have to make money. In some cases like the education of ALL our children, for example, the financial incentive drives the organization to a place that doesn’t benefit the process.

I'm a Capitalist, Free enterprise, privatization type. I always look to markets and Freedom first to adress our needs, especially if they are not specifically and Constitutionally mandated by Government which few things we need are.

Courts, Legislation, Military, Money supply. That's about it...we can take care of all the rest in the private sector and do it better than bureaucrats.
Ah, but we can’t. Men and women have been exploited for generations and generations. From the cotton fields of the south to the mining towns in the hills of our beloved state, businesses have been the enemy of we the people before as well.

We’ve done it. The incentive for the private jailing company isn’t for rehabilitation. The incentive is for more sentencing, hence the kickbacks to judges for harsh sentencing. Businesses make money, and most do whatever they have to make money. In some cases like the education of ALL our children, for example, the financial incentive drives the organization to a place that doesn’t benefit the process.

If businesses aren't in business to make money what other reason would you suggest they go into business for boom?

I'm not saying anything you outline here about sentencing criminals for profit is legal or OK. If they are tried and convicted in our criminal justice system they should be imprisoned correctly based on that alone. There should be no "profit" for sentencing innocent people but you have not specifically outlined where this is happening on a large enough scale that we should be worried about it.

Now the current corruption in our own Federal Justice Department...that's a problem and no profit is involved just rank arrogance, dishonesty, and disrespect for our Constitution and its laws protecting us from tyranny.

Ah, but we can’t. Men and women have been exploited for generations and generations. From the cotton fields of the south to the mining towns in the hills of our beloved state, businesses have been the enemy of we the people before as well.

True that boom...but we also have seen Government corruption at its worse and one of the manifestations of it is the willful disrespect of the public treasury these folks are entrusted to administer lawfully and efficiently. Deficits, embezzlement, bribery, kickbacks, lobbying interests, cost overruns, sloppy record keeping, destroyed Federal proprietary information, all of this we currently have with Big Government and you do not appear as concerned with these violations of the public trust as you are about private enterprise making money which is what it's there to do!

Legally...but it's not a crime to generate profits.

If businesses aren't in business to make money what other reason would you suggest they go into business for boom?

I'm not saying anything you outline here about sentencing criminals for profit is legal or OK. If they are tried and convicted in our criminal justice system they should be imprisoned correctly based on that alone. There should be no "profit" for sentencing innocent people but you have not specifically outlined where this is happening on a large enough scale that we should be worried about it.

Now the current corruption in our own Federal Justice Department...that's a problem and no profit is involved just rank arrogance, dishonesty, and disrespect for our Constitution and its laws protecting us from tyranny.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...les-in-state-detention-in-payoff-scandal/amp/

Again: give me the evidence you see that definitively proves DOJ corruption

True that boom...but we also have seen Government corruption at its worse and one of the manifestations of it is the willful disrespect of the public treasury these folks are entrusted to administer lawfully and efficiently. Deficits, embezzlement, bribery, kickbacks, lobbying interests, cost overruns, sloppy record keeping, destroyed Federal proprietary information, all of this we currently have with Big Government and you do not appear as concerned with these violations of the public trust as you are about private enterprise making money which is what it's there to do!

Legally...but it's not a crime to generate profits.
Not all profits are generated legally.

Now this post is an example of how you assume and then post my opinion for me, even though you don’t know it at all. You know my opinions on campaign finance reform? Term limits? Taxes? Budget decisions? No. You only know I think differently than you, so I MUST be like all the others that do too.

Not all profits are generated legally.

Now this post is an example of how you assume and then post my opinion for me, even though you don’t know it at all. You know my opinions on campaign finance reform? Term limits? Taxes? Budget decisions? No. You only know I think differently than you, so I MUST be like all the others that do too.

I never mentioned any of that, and this post is a perfect example of you reading things into what say or intentions I haven't expressed. I was simply bringing up the fact while you rail against private excess in the form of profits or malfeasance in pursuit of them at any cost, Government is equally as corrupt and perhaps even more so because it does not generate the money it wastes or corrupts.
It simply sh*ts all over hard working taxpayers who send it in for them for screw everybody over.

You're so sensitive boom. We're exchanging ideas in a relatively civil scrum (no name calling yet) and you think I'm "up to" some sinister alternative plan to flip the debate in my favor or mis characterize your positions?

Nope...none of that is true boom. We're simply exchanging ideas and agreeing to disagree IMO. I know perfectly well what I think and what I'm saying. I haven't added anything more or less to what you are saying conversely.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...les-in-state-detention-in-payoff-scandal/amp/

I believe it's all being aired currently. We'll need to see more but what we've seen is not a good look boom. Evidence? Just read the headlines (maybe not CNN because they aren't covering it) but Fox news is. @WVU82 has been posting revelations virtually every day but no one wants to read what he posts. It is all there though.

Last edited:

Where else is this happening? Isn't that judge facing criminal charges for all of this? Exactly my point boom. What the article alleges he did was illegal and not advocated for those who are found guilty in a court of Law and properly should be sentenced for their crimes. You're making one Judge out to be an indictment of all Criminal sentencing.

I believe it's all being aired currently. We'll need to see more but what we've seen is not a good look boom. Evidence? Just read the headlines (maybe not CNN because they aren't covering it) but Fox news is. @WVU82 has been posting revelations virtually every day but no one wants to read what he posts. It is all there though.
Pffft

Where else is this happening? Isn't that judge facing criminal charges for all of this? Exactly my point boom. What the article alleges he did was illegal and not advocated for those who are found guilty in a court of Law and properly should be sentenced for their crimes. You're making one Judge out to be an indictment of all Criminal sentencing.
No, one judge was caught (others were as well). But it’s an example that certain systems and processes can’t be left to business. Government oversight must be present, and at times the voting public should have the last choice in the direction of some systems and processes, and that happens.....through government

at times the voting public should have the last choice in the direction of some systems and processes, and that happens.....through government

Agreed boomer...that's why we vote for less of it!

Government oversight must be present

Government generally tells us what we can't do, and we voters in turn tell Government what it can not do. It limits us and we limit its ability to do that to us. Works pretty well I think. Unless folks in it think they don't really need to listen anymore to us. Then we go full anarchy to get rid of them. Thank you founding Fathers.

Last edited:
I never see you respond to anything about private enterprise like that. Tells me what your reverence is for. Leviathan.
The pffft was about your “evidence” about Obama and Clinton turning the DOJ into their personal secret society coming from FOX and 82! There you go again, assuming and misrepresenting

The pffft was about your “evidence” about Obama and Clinton turning the DOJ into their personal secret society coming from FOX and 82! There you go again, assuming and misrepresenting

Stay tuned boom (to whatever you're reading or watching) You'll either get very pissed in the coming days or develop a new round of excuse making. Either way, the sh*t's about to hit the fan on Government corruption. You wanted more Government "oversight"? Well, you'll see its full effects on display in the coming days and weeks. Want more?

No thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT