ADVERTISEMENT

Scalloped Potatoes...

One thing I figured out when I was looking through recipes for scalloped potatoes a while back was that my idea of scalloped potatoes is different than traditional recipes. I usually think of something with lots of cheddar cheese, but classic recipes basically use a lot of cream with parmesan.

I made This is a more traditional one that I made a few years ago. It was good, but not really what I was looking for.

This post was edited on 1/27 10:19 AM by Mog

Scalloped potatoes would never have cheddar cheese. Au Gratin potatoes would have it so I think you might want to look at those recipes. Au Gratin is fabulous as well.

My wife has an awesome scalloped potato recipe but I have no clue where it may be. Hardest thing about scalloped is making sure the cream doesn't break and you get the right creamy texture at the end of a long bake.

Any combination of cheese and potatoes is good to me. I am wanting to make a traditional recipe though. A buddy of mine said his Grandma used to make some killer au gratin potatoes with jalopenos which I'll try to make to. I don't have the recipe but I'll just wing it.

WVUBRU if you find that recipe I'd love to try it. Thanks fellas!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Classic French Dauphinoise potatoes are what modern day scalloped potatoes are derived from. I don't have a recipe here at the house but here is a version. It doesn't mention the importance of slicing the potatoes thin using a mandolin.

Dauphinoise potatoes

Bru if your cream has enough butter fat (40%) that shouldn't be a problem. If you keep having a problem, heat the cream to a gentle simmer and add just a touch of slurry or corn starch to the cream. That should help.

Thanks for the expert tip, BCM.

And Ron, I'll ask the wife where she has this recipe this weekend and will try to post

Re: Thanks BCM

Thanks BCM for the expert advice.

I will try and find the recipe and post before the Super Bowl.

This post was edited on 1/29 3:06 PM by WVUBRU

ADVERTISEMENT