ADVERTISEMENT

Ron Jaworski likes the Jets’ future with former WVU QB Geno Smith

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
Full article: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/29/ron-jaworski-likes-the-jets-future-with-geno-smith/

Some, including Smith’s teammate Willie Colon, have shared their opinion that Smith’s play could hold back a Jets team with a talented defense and improved group of offensive skill position players. Colon also said that he thought Smith was pushed into the lineup before he was ready to play, something that Ron Jaworski of ESPN agreed with while sharing his own positive take on Smith’s growth as a quarterback.

“I think Geno, when I’ve looked at him now for a couple of years in the NFL, I see a quarterback that’s getting better,” Jaworski said, via the team’s website. “He’s forgotten the mistakes and I still remember going to Morgantown, West Virginia for his Pro Day and outside of Robert Griffin III –- it was one of the best pro days I’ve seen. So he can make every throw, he can do everything it takes to be an NFL quarterback. It’s just about consistency. It’s now Year 3 and believe me we put these guys way before their time out there on the field and we expect a Peyton Manningperformance. It doesn’t happen. I see a nice growth every single year in Geno and I like the future of the Jets with Geno Smith at quarterback.”

Reactions: wvpaper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT