ADVERTISEMENT

Redstone Candy...

bornaneer

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2014
Any of you Western PA, Western MD and Northern WV folks ever enjoyed Redstone Candy? For many of us it's held in almost the same regard as Pepperoni Rolls.

This post was edited on 11/26 6:21 PM by bornaneer

I was born and raised in Canonsburg PA......

.....and have never heard of the brand. For the record, I'm 57 years old and have been gone from the area since late 1984.

Here's some info....

I'm a little older and I have had it since I was very young. It's only available during the Christmas, Valentine, and Easter seasons and you will not find it in a lot of stores. Here is the link to their website:( http://redstonecandies.com/about.html ) .
I just bought a 5 lb. and two 3 lb. Premier Assortment boxes on my trip to the K-State game as it is not sold in the Eastern Panhandle that I know of.

Yes, they sell basic Milk Chocolate items and you won't find.....

truffles. When I want those I get them at DE Fluri's Fine Chocolate in Martinsburg where they make it. Thanks for your link .I'll
check them out.

Nope, definitely am not familiar with the brand at all

As a Guntown (Canonsburg) native, I'm a little partial to the local Sarris brand (though I freely admit I seldom purchase chocolate assortments of any type all that often).

My homestead is only a couple of miles from Holls and even though they have a very loyal following, I just don't get the fascination. I consider myself well versed in sweets. Lord knows I've eaten enough. Maybe I don't get it because I enjoy value almost as much as pure quality.

ADVERTISEMENT