ADVERTISEMENT

Question: Would Mitchell, Touissant, etc. been allowed to transfer (per NCAA rules).....

MountaineerWV

All-American
Sep 18, 2007
.....if Huggs was simply "suspended indefinately"? With the final decision not happening until the end of the season? Seems like when Huggs resigned/fired, it opened the door under the NCAA transfer rules to allow the guys to enter the portal. I'm I wrong in understanding that rule?

Reactions: amnotacat
.....if Huggs was simply "suspended indefinately"? With the final decision not happening until the end of the season? Seems like when Huggs resigned/fired, it opened the door under the NCAA transfer rules to allow the guys to enter the portal. I'm I wrong in understanding that rule?
The portal opened when he was fired/resigned and it wouldn't have otherwise. But any grad transfer can leave at any time.

Joe T 17 pts 4 asts 1 to
Perez 15 pts 6 rbs
J Bell 11 pts 10 rbs
Bridges 23 pts 5 asts 1 to
Mitchell 18 pts 4 asts

Mitchell left because of the millions he was offered at Kentucky.
Huggs transgression opened the door for Mitchell to be poached by Cal. AGAIN another premier player bought by a "friend" of Huggs. 7 days after the incident, Cal picks off one of the best players on the team. This time Cal didn't have to send his son to do the dirty.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Huggs transgression opened the door for Mitchell to be poached by Cal. AGAIN another premier player bought by a "friend" of Huggs. 7 days after the incident, Cal picks off one of the best players on the team. This time Cal didn't have to send his son to do the dirty.
Wouldn't surprise me if he had talked to him before Huggins stupidity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT