ADVERTISEMENT

Question For V Regarding PM's (Private Messages )

LowFatMilk

All-Conference
Apr 21, 2012
I recall you recently writing that it's only for premium members.... Is that a decision you made or is that a Rivals thing ?

It's pretty much the only flaw (imo) I've seen with the new layout. Even if I was a premium member I wouldn't be able to PM those who are not. VERY restrictive....and something I miss (because it was a highlight before the new forums were released).

That doesn't change my belief that you guys COMPLETELY leapfrogged your competition. Under a diff account I've had premium membership here before and the premium content has ALWAYS been ahead of the pack....but the new forums really add a level of professionalism to go with the content your site offers.

I recall you recently writing that it's only for premium members.... Is that a decision you made or is that a Rivals thing ?

It's pretty much the only flaw (imo) I've seen with the new layout. Even if I was a premium member I wouldn't be able to PM those who are not. VERY restrictive....and something I miss (because it was a highlight before the new forums were released).

That doesn't change my belief that you guys COMPLETELY leapfrogged your competition. Under a diff account I've had premium membership here before and the premium content has ALWAYS been ahead of the pack....but the new forums really add a level of professionalism to go with the content your site offers.
It was a Rivals decision but in this day and age we're always trying to find more value for the subscriber so I do support the decision. And actually subscribers can PM you and you can respond, you just can't start the convo.

Thanks for the comments!

Reactions: LowFatMilk
Thx for the quick reply.

It's great that subscribers can contact anybody (and get a reply/conversation) via PM.

Now, when is that free merchandise subscription deal going to roll around again ?

------------

I know that you don't have that answer.....just sayin'.......

Thx for the quick reply.

It's great that subscribers can contact anybody (and get a reply/conversation) via PM.

Now, when is that free merchandise subscription deal going to roll around again ?

------------

I know that you don't have that answer.....just sayin'.......
I thought Rivals would run one of those over the last six months but they've chosen not to. Jump in that promo thread I'm running now, hell you have a one in three chance of winning something. http://westvirginia.forums.rivals.c...ime-on-the-site-free-wvu-gear-and-more.14242/

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
I though Rivals would run one of those over the last six months but they've chosen not to. Jump in that promo thread I'm running now, hell you have a one in three chance of winning something. http://westvirginia.forums.rivals.com/threads/win-free-time-on-the-site-free-wvu-gear-and-more.14242/

I have every intention on replying in that thread. Here's why it hasn't happened yet.

--In that EBAY auction kind of manner....I'll wait till the last minute. Why bump the topic if people are ignorant of such a great deal/chance ? I'll delay until it's too late for others.

--More importantly...I don't really have a single greatest WVU sports experience. ....at least not directly related to the team, coaches, or either of their successes. For me it's more about the impact off the court/field.

----Should I write about my battle with cancer in the early 90's and the six months of intense rounds of chemo that kept me tethered to the hospital ? A time when family and friends were a GREAT support network but WVU basketball was my 'escape' ? I don't even recall if that Atlantic 10 team was all that good (I think they were decent though). Doctors, nurses, friends, and family knew that during the games, if actually televised, I was not to be bothered. No sympathy...no treatments...no nothing. Just 2 hours of me/WVU time.

----In better days...should I write about the time attending a game against Colorado that I along with several friends who also had too much to drink before a game and after leaving the bar could see the stadium ? It only seemed reasonable to walk the 'as the crow flies' route. A stadium that from the bar went directly thru a student pep rally/march to the stadium. Guess what...many of them were more intoxicated than us. It was an 'insightful' experience. .....and I should thank the few students who 'saved' us.

----Maybe it's all about the times I would sell plasma in downtown Morgantown to get enough money to bribe people at the (back) gates to allow me to attend games.... ....or the times I would volunteer to work a half at a concession stand so I could watch a half of WVU football ?

I don't know.

WVU sports are AWESOME.... ...I'm here right ? How many people, even many great WVU fans, are into discussion of WVU sports at this time of the year ?

Anyway...my best WVU experiences have little to do with actual WVU teams. .....I mean, I even have a great story about attending a Temple football game. I mean...TEMPLE !!!!

I have every intention on replying in that thread. Here's why it hasn't happened yet.

--In that EBAY auction kind of manner....I'll wait till the last minute. Why bump the topic if people are ignorant of such a great deal/chance ? I'll delay until it's too late for others.

--More importantly...I don't really have a single greatest WVU sports experience. ....at least not directly related to the team, coaches, or either of their successes. For me it's more about the impact off the court/field.

----Should I write about my battle with cancer in the early 90's and the six months of intense rounds of chemo that kept me tethered to the hospital ? A time when family and friends were a GREAT support network but WVU basketball was my 'escape' ? I don't even recall if that Atlantic 10 team was all that good (I think they were decent though). Doctors, nurses, friends, and family knew that during the games, if actually televised, I was not to be bothered. No sympathy...no treatments...no nothing. Just 2 hours of me/WVU time.

----In better days...should I write about the time attending a game against Colorado that I along with several friends who also had too much to drink before a game and after leaving the bar could see the stadium ? It only seemed reasonable to walk the 'as the crow flies' route. A stadium that from the bar went directly thru a student pep rally/march to the stadium. Guess what...many of them were more intoxicated than us. It was an 'insightful' experience. .....and I should thank the few students who 'saved' us.

----Maybe it's all about the times I would sell plasma in downtown Morgantown to get enough money to bribe people at the (back) gates to allow me to attend games.... ....or the times I would volunteer to work a half at a concession stand so I could watch a half of WVU football ?

I don't know.

WVU sports are AWESOME.... ...I'm here right ? How many people, even many great WVU fans, are into discussion of WVU sports at this time of the year ?

Anyway...my best WVU experiences have little to do with actual WVU teams. .....I mean, I even have a great story about attending a Temple football game. I mean...TEMPLE !!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT