ADVERTISEMENT

Question for BCM or anyone for that matter

Falconeer

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 7, 2002
Have you ever heard of a West Virginia Brand name ham? I bought one a few years ago in Akron for Christmas and it was one of the best hams I ever had. More expensive and very good. Would like to get another but I have never seen one since.

Looks like it but did you notice the expiration date of the coupon....1979? LOL

I don't think they make it anymore, they had a whole line of West Virginia Brand smoked items. I believe you can still find the West Virginia Brand Thick Sliced Bacon in various stores since it was the best seller of the line. The brand was upscale and good quality. It was not produced in WV that I was aware of and has no connection to WV other than the name. The ham was very similar to the Hormel Cure 81 which has been around for many years.

Just to be clear.....

The West Virginia Brand was not a WV based company that I was aware of. The West Virginia Brand was just a line of pork products that Hygrade produced.

Butch's Market or Lacy's

Though is sold as Organically raised beaver from Potomac River. Tends to be cheaper than pork, fresher too.

When you smoke wood flavor comes out naturally and is a little acidic, but no worries.

Re: Butch's Market or Lacy's

LOL You are behind times. The Chinese own Butch's Market and Lacy's is no longer.

ADVERTISEMENT