ADVERTISEMENT

Pulled Pork?

Sapphireer

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
The thread below with references to pulled pork begs me to ask the board what are their favorite sauce recipes for the sandwiches?

Simple Eastern NC BBQ sauce: one part balsamic, one part worchestershire, Texas Pete to taste.

I've varied this based on what I have on hand, but it's very simple and pretty good.

My sister has a recipe that she uses in her BBQ business that is a lot more involved, but I think this one compares favorably.
This post was edited on 8/22 12:19 PM by Muskets

I have a recipe somewhere that I got off a Food TV show. I can't remember all the ingredients off hand but it starts with apple cider vinegar and has a little ketchup in it. It's basic and simple to make and tastes great. If I can find it I'll post it here.

I pretty much like all pulled pork sauces I've encountered. The vinegar based ones are the ones I come across least. I am anxious to try yours.

Thanks.

This is a pretty simple version that is easy to make and actually tastes pretty damn good.

BBQ Sauce:
To prepare Barbecue Sauce: Combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, mustard, water and garlic in a medium saucepan. Place over very low heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour. For really smoky flavor, place on the grill away from the heat source during the last hour of smoking. Stir in the butter or drippings and cook 15 minutes longer. Pour into a container with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate to store, up to 2 weeks. Makes about 3 cups.

1 1/4 cups ketchup
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/4 cup water
1 large clove garlic, crushed
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick) or pan drippings* from barbecue

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT