ADVERTISEMENT

Pollard to be released

EERs 3:16

Heisman Winner
Oct 17, 2001
Jonathan Pollard, the incarcerated Israeli agent convicted by the US of spying for Israel, is set to be released from jail on November 20 following a decision by the US Parole Commission, Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked said Tuesday.

Pollard's attorney said that he must remain in the US for five years under the parole ruling, but US Preisdent Barack Obama has the power to allow him to move to Israel sooner.

Jonathan Pollard, the incarcerated Israeli agent convicted by the US of spying for Israel, is set to be released from jail on November 20 following a decision by the US Parole Commission, Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked said Tuesday.

Pollard's attorney said that he must remain in the US for five years under the parole ruling, but US Preisdent Barack Obama has the power to allow him to move to Israel sooner.
This has to be very confusing to you wingnuts.

Obviously Israel's interest trumps the United States'. Ask any evangelical. Bebe is the messiah.

Until the anti-Semite took office, Israel's interests have always mirrored the U.S.'s interests.....peace in the Middle East, a weak Iran, &c....

thread_backfire.gif

Until the anti-Semite took office, Israel's interests have always mirrored the U.S.'s interests.....peace in the Middle East, a weak Iran, &c....
Peace in the ME? You mean the kind of peace the neocons gave us when they wanted to spread democracy throughout the region?

Weak Iran? You mean a weak Iran whose agent W installed as President of Iraq ignoring the Sunnis who now have formed ISIS?

It takes a lot of nerve for Israel to spy on the goose that lays their golden eggs.

I never took you for an anti-Semite. Interesting. Good with blacks but hell with the Jews huh?

Us lefties aren't anti-Semitic, we just don't believe Israel should be dictating what our laws and policies should be. Slight difference.

Us lefties aren't anti-Semitic, we just don't believe Israel should be dictating what our laws and policies should be. Slight difference.

What U.S. laws have been dictated by Israel? Your "Us lefties" wording is very telling and what is this "we" shit. Idiot..........

Peace in the ME? You mean the kind of peace the neocons gave us when they wanted to spread democracy throughout the region?

Weak Iran? You mean a weak Iran whose agent W installed as President of Iraq ignoring the Sunnis who now have formed ISIS?

It takes a lot of nerve for Israel to spy on the goose that lays their golden eggs.

Iraq was stable, ISIS didn't exist, the Muslim Brotherhood didn't rule in Egypt, and Libya wasn't ruled by AQ.....

And an Iran that was being weakened by sanctions and whose nuclear program was being kept in check. Now, Iran will have the bomb in ten years, their sphere of influence is growing, and they're causing chaos throughout the Mid-East. How does a stronger Iran benefit the US or our close friends?

How's BO doing in the ME?

Wait a minute. Israel was spying on us? But....but....but.....Iran is the devil.......
Why would you all care? You certainly don't when you find out the NSA has been doing it. If that program would have been conducted under Bush, the goddamn world would have stopped spinning on its axis and there would be nonstop calls for impeachment. As it stands, you rubes aren't even talking about it.

Why would you all care? You certainly don't when you find out the NSA has been doing it. If that program would have been conducted under Bush, the goddamn world would have stopped spinning on its axis and there would be nonstop calls for impeachment. As it stands, you rubes aren't even talking about it.
Really? Are you that ignorant? For starters, the NSA's "spying" on us began with the Patriot Act under W. Secondly, you're somehow equating our govt's efforts to gather intel to combat terrorism to a foreign country conducting espionage against us? Crazy talk.

Really? Are you that ignorant? For starters, the NSA's "spying" on us began with the Patriot Act under W.
Hook, line, and sinker. Thanks for not disappointing.

And yes, I think the NSA activity is far more egregious, benign in nature or otherwise.

Hahaha, Bush's fault. Thanks for the evening laugh Jew hater.

Hook, line, and sinker. Thanks for not disappointing.

And yes, I think the NSA activity is far more egregious, benign in nature or otherwise.

Hahaha, Bush's fault. Thanks for the evening laugh Jew hater.

He is right, though. The NSA surveillance on the homeland started under Bush and the USA PATRIOT Act.

He is right, though. The NSA surveillance on the homeland started under Bush and the USA PATRIOT Act.
Double hookup!!!! I'm reliving my successes on the boat Sunday all over again. Shit, this is cheaper than 93 octane and easier on the body than fighting 5 foot side swells on the Chesapeake.

I'm fully aware of where it started. I'm also fully aware it reauthorized in 2011 and re-reauthorized as part of the freedom act last month to continue bulk data collection. Do you know how easy it is to paint a circumstantial picture based on meta-data and phone conversations?

Any comments on the illegal wire-tapping and intimidation of AP writers in opposition to the administrations? Or is it all good because, well you know, Nixon did it?

Since you brought it up. Is Bush now the barometer for what's ok? Was Bush that much of a visionary leader that every time Barry fvcks up, well Bush did it. And here I thought Bush was an idiot and the genesis for all things wrong inhibiting poor Barry from being successful. Odd that you all use him as a measuring stick for what is ok.

Just for those keeping score at home. Patriot Act = legal albeit extremely controversial. Bulk Data Collection of cell phones meta data, conversations, and texts (cracked in 2010) of everyday Americans = illegal.

Keep defending him boys. Oh, and stick with the Bush angle, oh wait, Hope and Change!

Israel has done enormous work to help the United States. In the 1980's Israel (with much criticism from other countries) destroyed Iran's nuclear capabilities. Recently, Israel executed a cyberattack that set Iran's nuclear program back a number of years. Israel has provided significant intelligence information to the United States concerning Muslim terrorists. As to the spying incident, the United States spies on its allies, too. It's called self-preservation in a cold, cruel world. Perhaps after the Holocaust, the refusal of Arab nations to even acknowledge Israel's right to exist, and the publicly-stated intention of numerous Muslim countries to wipe Israel off the face of the earth and kill all Jews, perhaps Israel is understandably just a bit over-protective. Israel is approximately the size of Delaware (if memory serves me), surrounded on every side by its enemies. How would life here in America be if we were a tiny country surrounded by terrorist enemies who were willing to blow up buses full of civilians, etc.? If the United States would allow Israel free reign, and promise to support them publicly in the world community, Israel could eliminate the Iran nuclear threat, thus protecting the United States as well, without risking the lives of U.S. soldiers. When the United States, Britain and Israel are all working together, the world is a much safer place. Just my opinion.

My wife cared for a woman who's husband was convicted of spying for Israel many years ago. Had a somewhat unsettling encounter with him while visiting his wife, to the point I suggest she contact our friends in the FBI and Marshal's service.

Obama will never have to take responsibility for anything. He's gotten the biggest pass in the history of the office.

The NSA has been spying domestically since it became a thing. They've just become real good at it.

Obama will never have to take responsibility for anything. He's gotten the biggest pass in the history of the office.

Maybe he has and maybe he hasn't. But the Bush comparison was made by Devil....

("If that program would have been conducted under Bush, the goddamn world would have stopped spinning on its axis and there would be nonstop calls for impeachment. As it stands, you rubes aren't even talking about it.")

Now you guys chime in about how we're making excuses. I simply pointed out that the program WAS started under W. And did the world stop spinning? Calls for impeachment? More baseless hyperbole which is the wingnut way. You guys are having a hard time forming an argument. You're all over the place. Some advice (not to you Mtneer) is when making an argument, it behooves one to know the facts first. Obviously Devil is challenged in that regard

The NSA has been spying domestically since it became a thing. They've just become real good at it.
They were always good at it, Americans just didn't know much about it until the Patriot Act made it sort of legal.

("If that program would have been conducted under Bush, the goddamn world would have stopped spinning on its axis and there would be nonstop calls for impeachment. As it stands, you rubes aren't even talking about it.")

Now you guys chime in about how we're making excuses. I simply pointed out that the program WAS started under W. And did the world stop spinning? Calls for impeachment? More baseless hyperbole which is the wingnut way. You guys are having a hard time forming an argument. You're all over the place. Some advice (not to you Mtneer) is when making an argument, it behooves one to know the facts first. Obviously Devil is challenged in that regard

There was a lot of outcry by people over the Patriot Act when Bush was in office. Many from his own party.

But at some point Obama has to stand on his own two feet with what he has done since he was elected so many years ago. He's notorious for taking credit where it may not be due, and passing the blame when it may be due.

Israel has done enormous work to help the United States. In the 1980's Israel (with much criticism from other countries) destroyed Iran's nuclear capabilities. Recently, Israel executed a cyberattack that set Iran's nuclear program back a number of years. Israel has provided significant intelligence information to the United States concerning Muslim terrorists. As to the spying incident, the United States spies on its allies, too. It's called self-preservation in a cold, cruel world. Perhaps after the Holocaust, the refusal of Arab nations to even acknowledge Israel's right to exist, and the publicly-stated intention of numerous Muslim countries to wipe Israel off the face of the earth and kill all Jews, perhaps Israel is understandably just a bit over-protective. Israel is approximately the size of Delaware (if memory serves me), surrounded on every side by its enemies. How would life here in America be if we were a tiny country surrounded by terrorist enemies who were willing to blow up buses full of civilians, etc.? If the United States would allow Israel free reign, and promise to support them publicly in the world community, Israel could eliminate the Iran nuclear threat, thus protecting the United States as well, without risking the lives of U.S. soldiers. When the United States, Britain and Israel are all working together, the world is a much safer place. Just my opinion.
It's hard to get past your second sentence. Israel did not bomb Iran's nuclear facilities in the 80s. They bombed Iraq's. Another fact challenged wingnut.

They were always good at it, Americans just didn't know much about it until the Patriot Act made it sort of legal.

Back then it was mostly tapping hard lines, or recording encrypted cell phone calls (like my CpE classmates did at WVU). Now we put everything on the internet, digitize and store everything about us online, making it even easier for the NSA to get the information they seek.

There was a lot of outcry by people over the Patriot Act when Bush was in office. Many from his own party.

But at some point Obama has to stand on his own two feet with what he has done since he was elected so many years ago. He's notorious for taking credit where it may not be due, and passing the blame when it may be due.
I can't argue with that. However, when someone falsely says what Devil said about the origins of the program, he deserves to be called out. He's not entitled to his own facts.

The fact that the NSA was doing bulk data collection was not known under Bush. It was always speculated on but it wasn't until Snowden released his information that the lid was blown off on the illegal activity. If the lid would have come off under Bush, all hell would have broken loose. That was point I was making but I guess it's easier to deflect and pick at nit noid aspects of my post the an address the actual problem at hand. Carry on Jew hater

The fact that the NSA was doing bulk data collection was not known under Bush.
The NSA's database of American's phone calls was made public in 2006 by USA Today journalist Leslie Cauley in an article titled, "NSA has massive database of Americans' phone calls."[52] The article cites anonymous sources that described the program's reach on American citizens: "...it means that the government has detailed records of calls they made — across town or across the country — to family members, co-workers, business contacts and others. The three telecommunications companies are working under contract with the NSA, which launched the program in 2001 shortly after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks." The report failed to generate discussion of privacy rights in the media and was not referenced by Greenwald or the Washington Post in any of their reporting.
In 2009, The New York Times cited several anonymous intelligence officials alleging that "the N.S.A. made Americans targets in eavesdropping operations based on insufficient evidence tying them to terrorism" and "the N.S.A. tried to wiretap a member of Congress without a warrant".[53]On 1 January 2006, days after The New York Times wrote that "Bush Lets U.S. Spy on Callers Without Courts,[44] the President emphasized that "This is a limited program designed to prevent attacks on the United States of America. And I repeat, limited."[45]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_surveillance_in_the_United_States

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT