ADVERTISEMENT

pitt Sucks **

We know.

IMG_8359.jpg

Announced attendance - 45,266. Where are the other 25,000 hiding?

Has to be one of the worst game day experiences. I've been to the Pete and its a great atmosphere but the football side of Pitt Athletics is horrible. They should have built their own 40/50 thousand seat stadium when they tore down Pitt Stadium.

Reactions: SeronimusPratt
The only thing that sucks is not playing WVU, Penn State, and Notre Dame every year. If it was up to me, that would be Pitt's 3 OOC Teams every year!

Start off with Penn State!
Mid-Season Notre Dame!!
Last Game Of The Season WVU!!!

Someday, better heads among everyone's Athletic Elite of New AD's & Presidents/Chancellors & New Coaches should prevail?

The only thing that sucks is not playing WVU, Penn State, and Notre Dame every year. If it was up to me, that would be Pitt's 3 OOC Teams every year!

Start off with Penn State!
Mid-Season Notre Dame!!
Last Game Of The Season WVU!!!

Someday, better heads among everyone's Athletic Elite of New AD's & Presidents/Chancellors & New Coaches should prevail?

I agree. With our tough Big 12 conference schedule, we could use a late-season cupcake.

I agree. With our tough Big 12 conference schedule, we could use a late-season cupcake.

Well, many think in the Big-12 that is WVU of late too? I have no problem in playing WVU and think it is a good thing, and cupcake away! New AD's might schedule it, WVU got one earlier in the year, Pitt's starts tomorrow?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Pitt, Wvu, and Psu Fans cannot be happy with the last 3 years of performance and all did something about it to improve the Programs in the ACC, Big-12, and Big-10!

Last edited:
I agree Captain I miss all three playing each other.It would of been even Steven the last three years.But Im sure each teams fans think they're better than the other two.In reality they all were mediocre at best.It will be very interesting to see who rises up in the future?Holgy must win this year to keep his job,the Duz must win early to keep James away and James must win to keep the 4-5 stars coming to Happy Valley!bwdik I'm a Cal State grad?

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Has to be one of the worst game day experiences. I've been to the Pete and its a great atmosphere but the football side of Pitt Athletics is horrible. They should have built their own 40/50 thousand seat stadium when they tore down Pitt Stadium.

They are literally the worst fanbase on the planet. And I'm not talking arrogance or crudeness. They just suck. Bought tix when I was visiting my friend in Monroeville. I got 2 seats on the 40yd line, 15 rows up. There were about 15k at the game for Louisville (Brohm, Douglas, Bush, etc) Pitt had the lead at halftime and before the end of the 3rd, Brohm torched them and the place was left with about 8-9k. The only fun I had was the bucket of wings from Quaker steak and lube.

WTF does that have to do with anything?? Typical Pitt logic. Alot more fans will misbehave with you get 60k+ in a game. Maybe you guys should start small and get 20k?

I have been to many WVU Games, and enjoyed them very much. I truly enjoy going to Morgantown. I love Coopers Rock and Lakeland Country club where the team stays before the games.

I have been to many PSU Games as well, they drink heavy there, but they are loud and passionate about their Games. But it is a long day, 4 hours up, 4 hours at game and 4 hours back.

PITT Games are like going to a Country Club, very pleasant, enjoy the Games but they do not sell out unless they play WVU, PSU, ND! Yet, it is still a nice walk and very beautiful along the Rivers.

All I know is all 3 are better playing together than not playing and if you are courtesy to the fans they will be courtesy to you. Banter is expected and welcomed as far as I am concern. I just want to see all 3 programs in the Top 25 again!

WTF does that have to do with anything?? Typical Pitt logic. Alot more fans will misbehave with you get 60k+ in a game. Maybe you guys should start small and get 20k?
Maybe you could start off by being quiet until you have the lead in head to head wins versus Pitt in football OR until you win one National Championship in football. Until then. ..shut your stinking trap. You are the only thing in The entire state of WV so you better have good attendance.

I have been to many WVU Games, and enjoyed them very much. I truly enjoy going to Morgantown. I love Coopers Rock and Lakeland Country club where the team stays before the games.

I have been to many PSU Games as well, they drink heavy there, but they are loud and passionate about their Games. But it is a long day, 4 hours up, 4 hours at game and 4 hours back.

PITT Games are like going to a Country Club, very pleasant, enjoy the Games but they do not sell out unless they play WVU, PSU, ND! Yet, it is still a nice walk and very beautiful along the Rivers.

All I know is all 3 are better playing together than not playing and if you are courtesy to the fans they will be courtesy to you. Banter is expected and welcomed as far as I am concern. I just want to see all 3 programs in the Top 25 again!

"Lakeland" (Terrier) was a breed of dog that I once owned. "Lakeview" is the name of the country club our team stays at before home games.

Maybe you could start off by being quiet until you have the lead in head to head wins versus Pitt in football OR until you win one National Championship in football. Until then. ..shut your stinking trap. You are the only thing in The entire state of WV so you better have good attendance.

Army has more national titles than us in football and I'm sure they would have cleaned our clocks with those leather helmets in 1948. That is about as relevant as this wall of gibberish.

Pitt hasn't belonged on the same field as WVU for the majority of the past 20 years. Period. I miss playing Pitt out of tradition, but don't pretend to have any real facts to back up your smack. No one thinks about Pitt football anymore than people think about Penn State Basketball.

By your accounting of "National Championships" we have at least one. Yours are more historical mumbo jumbo championships and are meaningless in today's world of how we account for them.

Army has more national titles than us in football and I'm sure they would have cleaned our clocks with those leather helmets in 1948. That is about as relevant as this wall of gibberish.Pitt hasn't belonged on the same field as WVU for the majority of the past 20 years. Period. I miss playing Pitt out of tradition, but don't pretend to have any real facts to back up your smack. No one thinks about Pitt football anymore than people think about Penn State Basketball.
In Wins I can agree with you, because it is true, WVU has beaten Pitt the last 20 years more than Pitt beat WVU!

Still, during that period and the last 50 Years, Pitt has produced more Quality Players that set more NCAA, NFL, and Hall of Famers Awards, Records, and Current NFL Pro-Bowls & Offensive, Defensive & Rookie Players Of The Year than Penn State and WVU!

Pitt only has 20 Players in the NFL right now and that is less than WVU & Penn State, but those 20 NFL Players produced for the NFL still doing mighty better.

Once again, Pitt-WVU-Penn State are better together and should be playing each other every year.

Good Luck for 2015 Season Vegas has WVU Ranked 4th based on early odds and bets, and that is behind and ahead of some mighty fine Big-12 programs. Hope you win the Conference.

Big 12
TCU: 10 (-140o)
Baylor 10 (-125u)
Oklahoma: 8.5 (-160o)
Oklahoma State: 7.5 (-140o)

West Virginia: 7.5 (-115)
Kansas State: 7 (-140u)
Texas: 6 (-130o)
Texas Tech: 5.5 (-125o)
Iowa State: 3 (-115)
Kansas: 1.5 (-145o)
LINK:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...es-win-totals-ohio-state-in-a-class-by-itself

You should go back to your pussified board. At leatst our mods let you come on and talk trash. Don't make excuses of why your program is a dumpster fire for all athletics.

In Wins I can agree with you, because it is true, WVU has beaten Pitt the last 20 years more than Pitt beat WVU!

Still, during that period and the last 50 Years, Pitt has produced more Quality Players that set more NCAA, NFL, and Hall of Famers Awards, Records, and Current NFL Pro-Bowls & Offensive, Defensive & Rookie Players Of The Year than Penn State and WVU!

Pitt only has 20 Players in the NFL right now and that is less than WVU & Penn State, but those 20 NFL Players produced for the NFL still doing mighty better.

Once again, Pitt-WVU-Penn State are better together and should be playing each other every year.

Good Luck for 2015 Season Vegas has WVU Ranked 4th based on early odds and bets, and that is behind and ahead of some mighty fine Big-12 programs. Hope you win the Conference.

Big 12
TCU: 10 (-140o)
Baylor 10 (-125u)
Oklahoma: 8.5 (-160o)
Oklahoma State: 7.5 (-140o)

West Virginia: 7.5 (-115)
Kansas State: 7 (-140u)
Texas: 6 (-130o)
Texas Tech: 5.5 (-125o)
Iowa State: 3 (-115)
Kansas: 1.5 (-145o)
LINK:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...es-win-totals-ohio-state-in-a-class-by-itself

Kent State has produced a lot of NFL players and some all time greats at their positions. Do you want to use that as criteria as to whether or not they are on the same level as WVU as well?

Great players =/= great program.

Great players + crappy teams = bad coaching, which has been the root of Pitt's problems. That and the fact that Pitt has about 250 fans. I'm sorry you're stuck being one of them. We haven't been setting records the past few years, so there is plenty of seats available on our bandwagon.

Kent State has produced a lot of NFL players and some all time greats at their positions. Do you want to use that as criteria as to whether or not they are on the same level as WVU as well?Great players =/= great program.
Great players + crappy teams = bad coaching, which has been the root of Pitt's problems. That and the fact that Pitt has about 250 fans. I'm sorry you're stuck being one of them. We haven't been setting records the past few years, so there is plenty of seats available on our bandwagon.
I don't have to use any criteria you come up with, that facts are Kent State is not not up there with USC, Miami, Notre Dame, and Ohio State, but PITT is, and you cannot refute it!

I have to accept it, just as I accept WVU has beaten Pitt the last 20 years more than Pitt have beaten WVU, and I have no problem with that because that is a fact. I put that on Pitt to change not me, and I can praise WVU for more wins,because that is true too!

Your Kent State Facts don't add up and You cannot refute my Facts either on Pitt, and that is your Brain Pain!

Last edited:
I don't have to use any criteria you come up with, that facts are Kent State is not not up there with USC, Miami, Notre Dame, and Ohio State, but PITT is, and you cannot refute it!

I have to accept it, just as I accept WVU has beaten Pitt the last 20 years more than Pitt have beaten WVU, and I have no problem with that because that is a fact. I put that on Pitt to change not me, and I can praise WVU for more wins,because that is true too!

Your Kent State Facts don't add up and You cannot refute my Facts either on Pitt, and that is your Brain Pain!

I literally just threw up.

If you said this in 1978...then yes I would agree with you. However for the past decade (much more relevant time period), Kent State is a much better bar to compare Pitt to than the other teams you mentioned.

Hell USC got major sanctions for 3 years and they still did better than Pitt over the past decade...by a mile.

I literally just threw up.

If you said this in 1978...then yes I would agree with you. However for the past decade (much more relevant time period), Kent State is a much better bar to compare Pitt to than the other teams you mentioned. Hell USC got major sanctions for 3 years and they still did better than Pitt over the past decade...by a mile.
No, you are wrong! You just not knowledgeable enough, Pitt has had Fitzgerald, Brown, Revis, McCoy, and Donald in 2000-2015 with more NFL Pro-Bowls, NFL Offensive Players of the Years, Defensive Players of the Year, and Rookie Player of the Year, and way more NFL Pro-Bowls. Now Kent State, has had some great Players like you point out in Jack Lambert 1970s, James Harrison, and Antonio Gates, no question about it, and I believe Harrison and Gates will be in the Hall of Fame joining Lambert as well as all have been NFL Offensive, Defensive, and Rookie of the Years just like Pitt Players with many Pro-Bowls. Pitt had Curtis Martin and Reuben Brown in the 1990s.

I can post the Pitt Players accomplishments with Links the past Decade as well, then you can see the real verified numbers? In any case, Kenn State does not have more than Pitt, maybe Penn State and WVU but not Pitt, when you do your research!

I agree with your USC comment and no question USC, Miami, and Notre Dame is ahead of Pitt, no shame with that at all. Still, PITT is in the Top 5 Rankings of putting more Best Draft Players in the NFL according to NFL.Com both on 2004 and 2014 Rankings, I can give you a Link if you want one and then you will admit what you don't know? It is not my desire to embarrass you on your Board!

In 2004 ESPN Rankings On Top Programs putting the best talent in the NFL the Ranking were:
1. USC
2. Miami
3. PITT
4. Notre Dame
No Kent State or WVU and Penn State was Ranked 9th!

In 2014 NFL.Com Rankings of the Same Criteria:
1. Miami
2. USC
3. Notre Dame
4. PITT

NFL Hall Of Fame Program Ranking:
1. Notre Dame & USC Tied
3.Ohio State
4. PITT & Michigan Tied

So, once again, you have been educated and you now know your Kent State Analogy was not as you thought?

Look, I like and very much respect WVU, I want them to win the Big-12 every year. I enjoy going to WVU games and I still do as invited by some WVU Alumni. I love the University, I correct people that try and knock it down, and point out it has way more Rhodes Scholars than many Public and Private Ivy League Universities including Penn State, Notre Dame, Pitt and many other universities, numbering over 25!

I know the ACC made a big mistake not including WVU and Rutgers to join them in 2011, and I want PITT- WVU to play every year.

I also acknowledge that it was WVU & ULou that saved the Big East BCS Bowls Bid with its Top Wins against Georgia and Oklahoma and Top 5 & 10 Rankings in those years, and I still respect CoachRod as one of the Best Coaches in the Business. Few to none can equal Oliver Luck in my opinion to in the entire NCAA! President Gee is one of the most accomplished University President few can match! Charles "Chuck" Marstiller Vest, another WVU Graduate and President of M.I.T. was just another example of WVU Grads and I met him personally several times!

I very much respect WVU Alumni, Fans, and everything about them and won't disrespect them on Mountaineers Boards but will defend Pitt on Boards! As well as admit where Pitt needs to improve and where it is still doing pretty good because that is an exchange of knowledge that helps everyone understand where WVU, PITT, and Penn State did do pretty good together.

Yet, all three Programs need to do better now in the Big Ten, Big-12, and ACC and that is accurate statement too!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT