ADVERTISEMENT

Phil Steele Ranks us 47th Nationally but gives Marshall

Marshall has been a bigger deal than WVU for years. Marshall is the state's flagship school.

The worst attempt to troll that I've read 'for years'.

Pathetic...I actually feel bad for your parents despite that you're most likely (technically) an adult.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
a No.. 31 ranking. They finally caught up and passed us.

Phil Steele takes in to account a team's schedule. If WVU had Marshall's schedule we would be Top 10. If Kansas had Marshall's schedule, they would be top 25. Being ranked 31 with that schedule isn't a compliment.

Phil Steele takes in to account a team's schedule. If WVU had Marshall's schedule we would be Top 10. If Kansas had Marshall's schedule, they would be top 25. Being ranked 31 with that schedule isn't a compliment.

so philly phil is basically ranking schedules with likelihood of winning vs that particular schedule instead of who is actually the top 25 teams in the NCAA.

hmm. makes sense to me.

let's elect phil to the "playoff" committee and to March Madness' selection committee. clearly a voice of authority + reason.

I don't know which would be an easier game for WVU, Marshall or Pitt. But, since Akron beat Pitt and almost nobody else last season, it could be the Panthers. I want the Backyard Brawl back! Marshall is 0-12 against us. Or, to use Greenie math: 12-0 against us!

How many times since there has been a pre season poll has Marshall been ranked ahead of WVU?

Yea the two are definitely headed in opposite directions. Marshall would without a doubt finished with as good a record playing WVU's schedule last season. And no way whatsoever WVU would have went undefeated playing that gauntlet of a schedule Marshall played last year.

Get a clue

so philly phil is basically ranking schedules with likelihood of winning vs that particular schedule instead of who is actually the top 25 teams in the NCAA.

hmm. makes sense to me.

let's elect phil to the "playoff" committee and to March Madness' selection committee. clearly a voice of authority + reason.
I'm with you press...Good ole Phil has always struck me as a first rate asshat...

yeah I bought I think 2 of his guides in year's past, but they are too detailed & finite. there is not one aspect of anything he doesn't analyze & predict. kinda overwhelming.

I think even back then around 2007 I read him & even in our heyday he wasn't high on WVU. wrote stuff like 'I'm sure this won't win me fans in Morgantown' or something to this effect.

his endless deferment to what his 'computer' indicates is cartoonish. was a little surprised that espn is broadcasting him now, but can't forget the E stands for entertainment & comes before the S.

How many times since there has been a pre season poll has Marshall been ranked ahead of WVU?

Yea the two are definitely headed in opposite directions. Marshall would without a doubt finished with as good a record playing WVU's schedule last season. And no way whatsoever WVU would have went undefeated playing that gauntlet of a schedule Marshall played last year.

Get a clue
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

nor last year, their banner year of years

2 Alabama in Atlanta
4 Okla
4 Baylor
7 TCU
12 K-State
at Texas
at Okla State
aTm Bowl

while I respect Ws, MU would be lucky to win any vs that slate.

nor last year, their banner year of years

2 Alabama in Atlanta
4 Okla
4 Baylor
7 TCU
12 K-State
at Texas
at Okla State
aTm Bowl

while I respect Ws, MU would be lucky to win any vs that slate.

By Vault's logic, I won a few fights when I was in high school, so I should have no trouble winning against Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Marshall would have 3-4 wins, max, playing our schedule last season. That doesn't even take into account that, after the fourth game, they probably wouldn't have been able to field a team. Playing big boy football every week is a little harder than playing high school football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT