ADVERTISEMENT

Out of control police at it again.....hmmm....

bornaneer

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2014
New Jersey State Police made 61 arrests outside of Met Life Stadium Sunday night as fans tried to crash the gate to get into Summer Jam 2015.
Police blocking gates outside the hip-hop concert had bottles thrown at them from members of the crowd who were trying to get inside -- some without tickets.State police released a statement Sunday night saying “security personnel at one of the entrance gates to MetLife Stadium were confronted by crowds attempting to illegally enter the sold out Summer Jam concert by climbing over fences and forcing their way through security personnel.”
Janae Griffin, who drove up from Baltimore for the concert but wasn't able to get inside, said the parking lots outside were chaotic.
"People were throwing bottles across the crowd," she said. "We got into a confrontation with a guy who was deliberately trying to vandalize a police car and was just making it worse of a situation than it needed to be."
The situation became so volatile, a CBS2 camera man was forced into his vehicle while police apprehended a man on the ground.
“Barbaric — the way they treat our people is like animals. If there was another concert this would’ve never happened,” said one concertgoer.
"A small group of highly disruptive people ruined this concert for many others. They created a danger to ticket-holders, stadium employees and troopers on the scene. Our troopers took the appropriate steps to restore order to what was a brief and volatile situation," Colonel Rick Fuentes, superintendent of the New Jersey State Police, said in a statement.
Police said Monday that the majority of the arrests occurred when people tried to climb fences and push past security. They said some in the crowd then began throwing bottles and trash at police and security, and additional troopers were called in to assist.

“Barbaric — the way they treat our people is like animals. If there was another concert this would’ve never happened,” said one concertgoer.

I always love this take on things. It's not unique to skin color, it's unique and in RESPONSE to behavior. Don't act like a jackass and you won't be treated like an animal.

The video certainly looks bad. But I have read several articles with interviews of residents in this community that have a very different version of events at this private community pool. These interviews include black home owners as well as white and hispanic that support the police actions. Perhaps the full context would give all of us more insight into what happened and where the fault lies. The officer has been suspended pending a full investigation.

Yea, I just watched an interview on CNN with an African American man who stated the police actions were totally justified. He said the "pool party" was out of control and fights were breaking out. He also said the video do not show what was happening before the video was taken. A woman who also witnessed what was going on said that should "give the officer a medal". There seem to be a lot of people in todays society who just cannot be told what to do and think they can do whatever they damm well please.

CNN)Benet Embry just wanted a respite from the heat when he went to his neighborhood pool Friday. Talking to CNN Monday about the national story that rolled out of that simple, mundane summer activity still has him pretty well dismayed.

The 43-year-old African-American has lived in Craig Ranch, a planned community, for eight years. It's a nice place. Racially diverse. People get along there.

Thinking back on the pool party, he might have known it would be crowded. The invite to the party had earlier caught fire on Twitter and social media. Craig Ranch's strict homeowners' association rules prohibit bringing more than two guests to the pool.

So when crowds of teenagers showed up, huddling by the gate and shouting to let them in, things got out of hand. Some kids jumped over the fence, Embry said. A security guard tried to get them to leave but was outnumbered, so the guard called police.
Shortly after the approximately seven minute video hit YouTube, many on social media alleged that the white officer was racist. The Texas NAACP called meetings because members suspected as much, its president, Gary Bledsoe, said on CNN Monday.

Embry disagrees.

"Let me reiterate, the neighbors or the neighborhood did not call the police because this was an African-American party or whatever the situation is," he said. "This was not a racially motivated event -- at all. This whole thing is being blown completely out of proportion."

McKinney Police Chief Greg Conley told reporters Sunday that several callers described fighting at the pool. At least 12 officers responded. Someone shot a YouTube video of what happened after they arrived, including the officer who has been placed on administrative leave, running after teenagers and conducting himself in a way that Conley said "raised concerns."

"I may or may not agree with everything that the police officer did, but I do believe he was trying to establish order. I am thankful to God that nobody got hurt," Embry said, adding that it made him feel uncomfortable to see an officer kneel on a teenager in a bikini and wave his gun at other teens.

A mother who was at the party gave a similar account. She spoke with her back to CNN's camera and didn't want to be identified.

"Nobody said anything about race," she said. "It was not a problem."

When an officer pins down/throws down a 14 year old girl, unarmed in a bathing suit and draws and points his weapon at unarmed teenagers running away from him, it's not "being blown out of proportion".

Reactions: RichardPeterJohnson
When an officer pins down/throws down a 14 year old girl, unarmed in a bathing suit and draws and points his weapon at unarmed teenagers running away from him, it's not "being blown out of proportion".
Keep in mind, the racists you're responding to overwhelmingly believe that Trayvon had it coming. I'm sure had that cop shot one of those kids posing an imminent danger to society running around in their bikinis and swim trunks obviously concealing deadly weapons, they would've had it coming too.

Exactly, young black engineer I work with drives a used Mercedes he fixed up himself, he has been pulled over four times in the last year. I ain't been pulled over in I can't remember how long. Guess he looks like, oops, I mean acts like a thug?

Obviously the police officer over reacted and clearly could and should have handled the situation better. However, Benet Embry who was there and is African American totally disagrees with you. But I'm sure you and the board idiot know better. Maybe you, the board idiot and the media should "blow out of proportion" the slaughter of thousands of people in the cities in this country. Now get back to what you and your ilk do best.....NOTHING.

Last edited:
Exactly, young black engineer I work with drives a used Mercedes he fixed up himself, he has been pulled over four times in the last year. I ain't been pulled over in I can't remember how long. Guess he looks like, oops, I mean acts like a thug?

What does "a used Mercedes he fixed up himself" have to do with anything. Were you with him when he was pulled over? And what was he pulled over for?

Keyser.... Rubio and his wife MUST look like thugs. Pulled over 17 times? Wow, you must be outraged.

Obviously the police officer over reacted and clearly could and should have handled the situation better. However, Benet Embry who was there and is African American totally disagrees with you. But I'm sure you and the board idiot know better. Maybe you, the board idiot and the media should "blow out of proportion" the slaughter of thousands of people in the cities in this country. Now get back to what you and your ilk do best.....NOTHING.

Man you have an attitude. Sorry that being shown the ignorance of someone's statement that was quoted on CNN upsets you so much. If being shown how ignorant your posts are upsets you this much, you might need to find a new hobby.

Clueless.
th

Man you have an attitude. Sorry that being shown the ignorance of someone's statement that was quoted on CNN upsets you so much. If being shown how ignorant your posts are upsets you this much, you might need to find a new hobby.

What was the "ignorance" of Benet Embry's statement? I know what your answer will be, but I will let you answer in your own words since you know better and know more about what was going on.

What was the "ignorance" of Benet Embry's statement? I know what your answer will be, but I will let you answer in your own words since you know better and know more about what was going on.

I made it very clear in my earlier post and you agreed that the officer over reacted. So yeah, it was an ignorant statement.

I made it very clear in my earlier post and you agreed that the officer over reacted. So yeah, it was an ignorant statement.

You obviously are missing the whole point. I do agree that the officer was wrong. The overall "race baiting" angle is what I AND Benet Embry DISAGREE with. Are you posting on my dime while at work?

DId you even watch the full video?

No doubt the office was hot headed, he was pissed, he should have handled the young girl much differently. But he did NOT draw his weapon until a young man threw off his hat and postured up to him. BIG ****ING MISTAKE. You take a threatening stance with the cop and your surprised the draws his gun?

When are people, especially younger adults, realize YOU DO WHAT THE POLICE ASK NO MATTER HOW WRONG THEY ARE TO ASK IT!

Actions create reaction, and when people don't listen to simple commands it only makes the situation worse. Most every single recent case of police shootings have involved situations where the individual did not comply with commands, or in some instances got aggressive with officers.

How many idiots had to continue to stand around and watch the scene, or yell at the police when they were told to back off and disperse?

I can't stomach the militarization of our local police forces. I can't stand how some officers act and behave, but I also have little patience for people who don't listen to the police and then are surprised when the shit hits the fan.

She was resisting. People need to comply with directions given from a police officer.

I just got pulled over this morning. I was polite and complied. Still got the ticket but the officer was never impolite. We called each other sir etc.

She was resisting. People need to comply with directions given from a police officer.

I just got pulled over this morning. I was polite and complied. Still got the ticket but the officer was never impolite. We called each other sir etc.

Have you called Al, Jesse or CNN yet?

DId you even watch the full video?

No doubt the office was hot headed, he was pissed, he should have handled the young girl much differently. But he did NOT draw his weapon until a young man threw off his hat and postured up to him. BIG ****ING MISTAKE. You take a threatening stance with the cop and your surprised the draws his gun?

When are people, especially younger adults, realize YOU DO WHAT THE POLICE ASK NO MATTER HOW WRONG THEY ARE TO ASK IT!

Actions create reaction, and when people don't listen to simple commands it only makes the situation worse. Most every single recent case of police shootings have involved situations where the individual did not comply with commands, or in some instances got aggressive with officers.

How many idiots had to continue to stand around and watch the scene, or yell at the police when they were told to back off and disperse?

I can't stomach the militarization of our local police forces. I can't stand how some officers act and behave, but I also have little patience for people who don't listen to the police and then are surprised when the shit hits the fan.
The other 2 policemen on the scene obviously thought that he shouldn't have pulled his gun since they intervened when he did it. The young man's reaction, right or wrong, was to the way the officer in question handled a young woman.

I think the problem is that this particular officer, hot headed as you described, escalated a situation out of frustration. I can sympathize with his frustration, but he can't be on the streets if his disposition is like that normally. I know nothing about him but what is in the video. Maybe it was just a really bad or really long day, and this reaction was due to that. Maybe he's normally the friendliest cop on the beat. He definitely went to far this day though.

I try to revert back to advice my father gave me when I was about the age of the teens at the pool party, "You're getting to an age when people are going to hold you responsible for what you say and do." That goes for the teens for sure, but it also goes for the officer. He's well past that age.

I will add that I think the police department handled this fairly well so far. They suspended him pending an investigation. One person in this whole mess was charged with something, and based on the charges I heard (obstruction or something like that), I think it was probably the teen who caused the officer to reach for his gun.

The other 2 policemen on the scene obviously thought that he shouldn't have pulled his gun since they intervened when he did it. The young man's reaction, right or wrong, was to the way the officer in question handled a young woman.

The other policemen on scene had very different demeanors, but they intervened more about the young man making a threatening move towards the office in question, so much so that they chased the young man down and handcuffed him.

In the beginning on the video you can see that this officer tripped and fell while running up to the scene, and I think that is what really started him down the path he was on. From what I read, he was also the first officer on the scene and when he first arrived a number of people in the crowd began to get hostile towards him.

Add all that up, and a guy who thinks it's appropriate to throw his hat down and posture to fight this cop and it's not surprising he drew his weapon.

I'll wager, in a week or two he'll be off suspension and back on the job.

I just watched the video. The police officer told her to leave and she walked away then came back running her mouth. He put her on the ground and she tried to get up at that point it is resisting. He keep her pinned down because did not have cuffs because they were on two other people.

1) She had her "ass on the ground" already. When you're sitting down on your ass, how do you not comply with some asshole that says "get your ass on the ground"?

2) Did the blind guy comply?
No idea. I didn't watch that video. I also don't think cops are infallible. So there's that.

You still didn't answer my question. Was she resisting?

Further, when the officer is affecting the restraints on her, did the two individuals approach him in what "in the moment" could be construed as a hostile or even life threatening manner? Especially in light of all of the unrest in the black community and their assaults on officers. All of these protests and violence by the black community is actually making it worse for them. Not sure if you see that or not.

No idea. I didn't watch that video. I also don't think cops are infallible. So there's that.

You still didn't answer my question. Was she resisting?

Further, when the officer is affecting the restraints on her, did the two individuals approach him in what "in the moment" could be construed as a hostile or even life threatening manner? Especially in light of all of the unrest in the black community and their assaults on officers. All of these protests and violence by the black community is actually making it worse for them. Not sure if you see that or not.
Not that I think you are defending the officer, but he was out of control. Even the chief of police said that he had 12 officers on the scene, and 11 of them acting appropriately. I heard a retired policeman give his analysis of the situation. He said that they need a lot of different tools to be a good cop. From what he saw in the video, this particular officer lacked the toolset deescalate a bad situation. At the beginning of the video, one officer is talking calmly with some of the teens. Corporal Punishment runs in and shoves at least a couple of those same teens to the ground. He took a relatively calm environment, at the time at least, and made it more than a little hectic.

BTW, talking is not resisting arrest. And talking when an officer is being combative, although maybe not the brightest thing to do, is not a reason for him to fling her to the ground. Reasonable restraint does not require him to put 2 knees in her back to hold her down either. If you saw a grown man do that to a teenage girl on the street, I think you'd intervene. This guy having a badge doesn't mean that he gets a pass. That appears to be the reason for the 2 young men stepping toward the officer. They were quietly hanging around on the side of this event until the officer threw the girl down.

Regardless, this officer resigned, and I think that's probably for the best.

Not that I think you are defending the officer, but he was out of control. Even the chief of police said that he had 12 officers on the scene, and 11 of them acting appropriately. I heard a retired policeman give his analysis of the situation. He said that they need a lot of different tools to be a good cop. From what he saw in the video, this particular officer lacked the toolset deescalate a bad situation. At the beginning of the video, one officer is talking calmly with some of the teens. Corporal Punishment runs in and shoves at least a couple of those same teens to the ground. He took a relatively calm environment, at the time at least, and made it more than a little hectic.

BTW, talking is not resisting arrest. And talking when an officer is being combative, although maybe not the brightest thing to do, is not a reason for him to fling her to the ground. Reasonable restraint does not require him to put 2 knees in her back to hold her down either. If you saw a grown man do that to a teenage girl on the street, I think you'd intervene. This guy having a badge doesn't mean that he gets a pass. That appears to be the reason for the 2 young men stepping toward the officer. They were quietly hanging around on the side of this event until the officer threw the girl down.

The resigning part is a tactic used so he can take a job with a different department without having to go through an internal investigation.

Have you ever been a cop in that situation? The girl tried to get up a couple of times before she was restrained. He needed his hands free in case someone came to attack him thats why he used his knees.

countryroads89 got owned pretty good in this thread lol.

Have you ever been a cop in that situation? The girl tried to get up a couple of times before she was restrained. He needed his hands free in case someone came to attack him thats why he used his knees.
As a former cop, many moons ago, when you arrive on the scene, you have to take control of th situation. If someone fails to comply, you have just lost control. Regain control by putting her on her ass. When people start surroundingyou, you use the only equalizer you have. When crowd backs down, holster and attempt to be authorative with your voice. If officer loses the control, he may as well get back in the cruiser and vacate the scene because bad things are about to happen.

The officer in question has a classic Napoleon Complex, AKA Little man syndrome.

There are good and bad cops out there, I wish the good cops would do something about the bad cops instead of allowing them to make things worse for everyone. I watched the video as soon as it hit twitter. I knew there was much more to the story so I didn't jump to conclusions. However, it was obvious the little officer let his anger get away and he took it out on a lippy teen age girl. No matter what led up to the situation he was in the wrong singling her out to make her pay for her mouthing him.
Some people do not have the demeanor or skill set to be a law officer, this guy is obviously one of them.
I say this based solely on what I witnessed in the video.

The whole race issue and media issue is a completely different animal. Media manipulation is worst than race relations in this country. Media is about ratings and numbers and money. When you are about profit, you tend to generate the news and stir the proverbial pot to make the most out of any situation to garner ratings. Until that issue is truly addressed, these types of stories will continue to be sought out, coddled and promoted.

As far as police and civilian relations;

The best thing that could happen in this country is too make all officers wear body cameras with audio that are running all the time when on duty. Couple this with the car video and audio that is running all the time.
Any police officer against something that would clear their actions and also make our legal system save so much money would be officers that had something to hide IMO.

Last edited:
As a former cop, many moons ago, when you arrive on the scene, you have to take control of th situation. If someone fails to comply, you have just lost control. Regain control by putting her on her ass. When people start surroundingyou, you use the only equalizer you have. When crowd backs down, holster and attempt to be authorative with your voice. If officer loses the control, he may as well get back in the cruiser and vacate the scene because bad things are about to happen.

My brother is a police officer. He has said the same thing, but he admits that you cannot do the
" old school " way any more. People refuse to respond to it and it causes escalation of angry and non-compliant behavior. He says the entire way of teaching officers has to be changed with the changing world. I agree with him.

My brother is a police officer. He has said the same thing, but he admits that you cannot do the
" old school " way any more. People refuse to respond to it and it causes escalation of angry and non-compliant behavior. He says the entire way of teaching officers has to be changed with the changing world. I agree with him.
Old school? Maybe, but it was effective. Ask brother how he gains control of an adversary situation when he arrives on the scene? I am not sure that having hat in hand would be effective in todays environment. My approach was to take the biggest mouth and close it in any manner necessary. Not to show toughness, but to demand compliance with my command. Upon departure show respect for those who went along with authority. It would be interesting to see what current officer has to do to satisfy command, politicians, and society.

Old school? Maybe, but it was effective. Ask brother how he gains control of an adversary situation when he arrives on the scene? I am not sure that having hat in hand would be effective in todays environment. My approach was to take the biggest mouth and close it in any manner necessary. Not to show toughness, but to demand compliance with my command. Upon departure show respect for those who went along with authority. It would be interesting to see what current officer has to do to satisfy command, politicians, and society.

The problem is in your answer. While I agree with it somewhat, today's world is on film. You do it the way you describe and its caught on tape and you are out of a job.

Also, the biggest mouth is not always the problem even though you want to " close it ".

The problem officers are faced with today is lack of respect. It is a problem caused by many factors, police misconduct notwithstanding. Officers quickly learn to loathe the people they are suppose to serve and protect because they see the worst in the human condition every day.

Again, I feel the best way to curb police misconduct and save tax payer money in mandatory cameras to be runnning a officers whole shift. To be erased every night if there are no incidents that would need to be viewed.

Somewhere along the line we also have to get officers some kind of help to combat the numbness and anger that anyone would naturally build up having to deal with the worst in society.

The problem is in your answer. While I agree with it somewhat, today's world is on film. You do it the way you describe and its caught on tape and you are out of a job.

Also, the biggest mouth is not always the problem even though you want to " close it ".

The problem officers are faced with today is lack of respect. It is a problem caused by many factors, police misconduct notwithstanding. Officers quickly learn to loathe the people they are suppose to serve and protect because they see the worst in the human condition every day.

Again, I feel the best way to curb police misconduct and save tax payer money in mandatory cameras to be runnning a officers whole shift. To be erased every night if there are no incidents that would need to be viewed.

Somewhere along the line we also have to get officers some kind of help to combat the numbness and anger that anyone would naturally build up having to deal with the worst in society.

Obviously you have never worked the streets. The big mouth is the one who instigates. If it is causing a problem, it has to go before you can assume control. I think your assumption that all of the public is anti police. I have to believe the vast majority has respect for officers who respect themselves and th public. Too, I believe 99.99% of the officers are there to "serve". They certainly do not "loathe the people they are supposed to serve".

I think your assumption is that everyone the officer comes into contact is a villain of some sort. The vast majority of police work is community relations and answering legitimate complaints that good people want to report and get a solution to the problem they are having. Of course some of the people they come into contact are hardened criminals and those people are treated differently than some old grandmother whose cat is missing or the teen neighbor is playing music too loud late at night.

Now if you want to arm every person with a badge a camera and recorder and arm every vehicle the same way, the cost to taxpayers is going to jump substantially. Your PR work is going to go to hell as soon as your perspective informant sees the recording device. The people who are just trying to help do not want to become part of a trial and have someone chasing them because they are "squealing". Police work is common sense. Officer is operating at his own discretion. How can he extract the most and best info. Just like in the movies - let a thief run free if he can tell you who is committing armed robbery. Common sense and the most value.

ADVERTISEMENT