ADVERTISEMENT

OU should be offended...

Taxcat

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
They get no respect. Everyone touting the Mountaineer win against Texas as the biggest win in the conference this season. I mean OU was only 14-0 against ranked opponents at home under Stoops. I mean K-State beats Texas in well... everything. Yep, in Austin too. Guess OU will have to earn their respect this weekend when they go head to head.

Really just jacking with you Mountaineers. Can't wait for two weeks from now. Got to take care of business this weekend, however. Never easy on the road. Looking forward to the game. A battle of two entirely different styles and offensive agendas. I'd say defensive agendas, but I'm not sure you have a defense. It's going to be fun.

By the way, I think OU puts it to Texas this weekend. David Ash is crap. Landry Jones, with all his issues this year, is good QB. Defenses are similar. I'm taking OU by two touchdowns.

I have a question...

Why does Texas do the 'OU sucks' every time they do their chant ?

makes them look petty...

OU tx hold nothing back. Horns down is mild compared to what goes on at the westend/state fair on friday and saturday.

No more petty than our fans chanting "eat shit pitt" after we beat UT in Austin.

Hate is a funny thing.

Originally posted by WVU82:

I have a question...

Why does Texas do the 'OU sucks' every time they do their chant ?

makes them look petty...
You have much to learn.

Its a hate filled rivalry. Sure respect from the teams are there, as expected by competitors. But as far as fans....yeah we hate each other!!!.

Fact: More Texans have won national championship rings with OU than they have with Texas!

BTW, OU says Texas Sucks at the end of their BOOMER, SOONER chant!!!

Half the Sooner Crowd will yell BOOMER! The other half will reply back by yelling SOONER! Do that three times. The fourth time. The first half will yell Texas! The other half will reply, SUCKS!

Then. We give the Horns Down sign!!!

Everyone touting the Mountaineer win against Texas as the biggest win in the conference this season. I mean OU was only 14-0 against ranked opponents at home under Stoops.

Just curious, what is their record against ranked teams in the Fiesta bowl? I kid because I love.
wink.r191677.gif
Go Mountaineers.

If any of you WVU fans can get to Dallas for RRR (OU-UT).......go to the game. It is a psychotic atmosphere. Nothing like it anywhere. Every play is a great play to half the stadium. The roar from half the stadium on a big play is deafening. 95K in the stadium and another 100K or so outside in Fair Park....Beautiful stuff.....
smokin.r191677.gif

If our schedule would have had OU and Texas flipped (OU on the road, UT at home), I think the OU game would have been the bellwether game. I think it also has to do with the timing (2nd conference game, 1st conf road game), too. I know you're poking, but I think you hit on a legit point. Maybe it also has to do with the way Pat White and crew stomped OU in the AZ a few years ago.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

My point will be made after this weekend. OU will win by two TD's and KSU and WVU will both grind out wins.

THEN we will all be witness to an absolute fascinating contrast in styles and philosophies on the big stage. Five wide against single wing. Score-in-seconds against seven minute drives. Heisman frontrunner against his closest competition. Raging Bull against Sugar Ray Leonard. Its gonna be fun!

Told ya!! :) OU doesn't lose another game this year.

Wish you guys could have pulled it out. Was looking forward to a battle of unbeatens. Still going to be a very intriguing game. And still a battle of Heisman contenders. Just lost a little bit of it's national appeal. Looking forward to next week.

Originally posted by Taxcat:

Told ya!! :) OU doesn't lose another game this year.

Wish you guys could have pulled it out. Was looking forward to a battle of unbeatens. Still going to be a very intriguing game. And still a battle of Heisman contenders. Just lost a little bit of it's national appeal. Looking forward to next week.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Looking forward to this game for a long time!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT