ADVERTISEMENT

OT...Tom Brady

VaultHunter

All-Conference
Gold Member
Apr 16, 2014
Anybody who gets a new phone knows you just break your old one. This is common knowledge.

Does anybody except Patriots fans actually respect this organization?

The sad thing is they are probably good enough to win without cheating. Its like being married to a dime and cheating on her with a gutter slut. Don't need to do it you just want to do it. Or your just so used to cheating its second nature.

They deserve everything that has ever and will ever happen to them..(Aaron Hernandez )

I am not a Patriot fan or for that matter a fan of NFL Football. I said early after Tom was accused that this would end up in court. The NFL has no evidence of wrong doing other then that of controlling the game by their own officials. Tom will win the case.

Regardless of what exactly is established in court a myriad of former players, including some QBs, spoke up when this story first broke and said there is no way a starting QB would unaware of what was going on with the balls he is handling during a game.

In the court of common sense Tom Brady and the Pats are sleazeballs. It's an open and shut case in that regard.

I am not a Patriot fan or for that matter a fan of NFL Football. I said early after Tom was accused that this would end up in court. The NFL has no evidence of wrong doing other then that of controlling the game by their own officials. Tom will win the case.

Yes they do, the ball boys texts are in their possession and the ball boys will have to testify under oath. On top of this, the frantic calls to the ball boys after the story broke, the destroyed cell phone, the PSIs, the unusually low fumble rate, the failure to cooperate with the investigation, etc there is more than enough circumstantial evidence to uphold the NFL's ruling.

Brady blew it. He tried to spin this story so much he eventually wrapped himself up in it so tight he has to ride it to the bitter end. If he would have just done the normal thing and downplayed it, the story would have died back in January. Watergate was just a 3rd rate burglary and because they tried to cover it up it took down a presidency. The cover up is always worse than the crime in the court of public opinion, Brady should have realized it.

Reactions: LowFatMilk
Yes they do, the ball boys texts are in their possession and the ball boys will have to testify under oath. On top of this, the frantic calls to the ball boys after the story broke, the destroyed cell phone, the PSIs, the unusually low fumble rate, the failure to cooperate with the investigation, etc there is more than enough circumstantial evidence to uphold the NFL's ruling.

Brady blew it. He tried to spin this story so much he eventually wrapped himself up in it so tight he has to ride it to the bitter end. If he would have just done the normal thing and downplayed it, the story would have died back in January. Watergate was just a 3rd rate burglary and because they tried to cover it up it took down a presidency. The cover up is always worse than the crime in the court of public opinion, Brady should have realized it.
Totally correct with all your comments. The evidence is there for anyone who has closely followed this story.
The Pats have been caught cheating before. Why is it so hard to imagine they cheated this time?

The pats can't help themselves. It's in their DNA. They also used the odd formation against the Ravens in the playoffs to squeek by. Now the formation is illegal to use, how convenient.

This is no longer about PSIs. It's about transparency on Brady's part (it looks like he has lied himself in to a tight corner) and whether or not the league overstepped their bounds...which the last CBA gave Goddell a very wide berth.

Minnesota has not been kind to the NFL in court, but I think at worst Brady will still have to sit out games. My guess is 2.

The court of public opinion has already rendered it's decision. The Pats are a very good team that cheated their way to being great on paper. Their record will go the way of Barry Bonds (who would have been a great player even if he hadn't cheated). In both cases we can easily read the records for both, but no one is going to insult the truly great teams/franchises (Steelers.........Cowboys,49ers,........Packers) by comparing this group with those far more worthy.

This is no longer about PSIs. It's about transparency on Brady's part (it looks like he has lied himself in to a tight corner) and whether or not the league overstepped their bounds...which the last CBA gave Goddell a very wide berth.

Minnesota has not been kind to the NFL in court, but I think at worst Brady will still have to sit out games. My guess is 2.

The court of public opinion has already rendered it's decision. The Pats are a very good team that cheated their way to being great on paper. Their record will go the way of Barry Bonds (who would have been a great player even if he hadn't cheated). In both cases we can easily read the records for both, but no one is going to insult the truly great teams/franchises (Steelers.........Cowboys,49ers,........Packers) by comparing this group with those far more worthy.

Brady will sit out 0 or 4 games, more likely he sits out 4. The chance for a compromise of 3, 2 ,or 1 games went out the window when Brady rejected the NFL's offer to settle.

Minnesota also sent the case back to NY today with the judge accusing Brady's camp of judge shopping, Round 1 to the NFL.

I;m really tired of multi-million dollar athletes whining. Must be why I lost my love for the NFL years ago.

Don't get me wrong I may watch a team with a former WVU player but otherwise Pffffft!

I've never liked Tom Brady.... ...but that was based exclusively on envy and jealousy. The super wealthy can't do much wrong on the field while being a super good looking (and obviously athletic) man with a super model wife with all those SB trophies.... ...I mean how super can one man be??

Now we can see how naive he thinks NFL fans can be....and how he thinks his shit doesn't stink.

We ALL know he participated in this little scandal and that if he would have just laughed it off it wouldn't be much of anything.....but no....he's also super full of himself.

"They deserve everything that has ever and will ever happen to them"

In the last 14 seasons the Pats have went to 6 Superbowls (Twice as many as any other franchise) and won 4 (again twice as many as any other franchise). The value of the Patriot franchise is probably near 2 BILLION DOLLAR$. I think they are doing fine with all the getting what they deserve. Celebrate success even if its not your own.

As for Tom Brady, among being rich, good looking and arguably the greatest qb ever, he's married to a SuperModel. I think he is dong just fine too.

AND As disorganized as the NFL has been under Goodell (see Ray Rice PR nightmare and punishment as well as Greg Hardy, Ben Roethlisberger, etc, etc), I bet Brady doesnt miss a game. The NFL really has no evidence. At most he will miss a game or two.

Brady didnt cooperate. And he was under no obligation to.
Brady didnt turn over his phone. And he was under no obligation to.
Brady broke his phone. And that is not illegal and within his right as the purchaser of that phone.

In a court of law what will matter is did the NFL follow due process in handing out the punishment. This is a labor issue. They made it up as they went along.

Btw I'm not a pats fan. I root against them. I'm not a Steelers fan. I root against them. I do respect them both. They win.

I grew up a Cowboys fan, but I'd trade ownership groups with either the Pats or Pittspuke cause they're smarter and more disciplined than the new Al Davis sitting in the owner's box at Jerry World. Dan Snyder is the only owner Jerry can still make fun of. He's a fantasy owner who has fired/ran off 3 HOF coaches (Landry, Parcells, & Johnson).

"AND As disorganized as the NFL has been under Goodell (see Ray Rice PR nightmare and punishment as well as Greg Hardy, Ben Roethlisberger, etc, etc), I bet Brady doesnt miss a game. The NFL really has no evidence. At most he will miss a game or two.

Brady broke his phone. And that is not illegal and within his right as the purchaser of that phone.

In a court of law what will matter is did the NFL follow due process in handing out the punishment. This is a labor issue. They made it up as they went along.

Ray Rice, Greg Hardy, Roethlisberger, are all unrelated to this. Fans griping about this as a justification for exonerating Brady are all wrong. The NFL dropped the ball, that doesnt mean everything going forward that isnt as morally reprehensible as assaulting a woman will be 0 games suspended.

The NFL does have evidence, if this was a murder investigation they probably would not have enough to convict, but the burden of proof isnt that high. The NFL more than likely has enough evidence to justify their decision, it will just be dependent on the judge. Do you seriously believe the NFL would be going all out to embarrass the face of their game if they didnt think that they would win? The NFL is going to win, Brady probably even knows it, he is just backed in too tight and has to ride it out.

"They deserve everything that has ever and will ever happen to them"

In the last 14 seasons the Pats have went to 6 Superbowls (Twice as many as any other franchise) and won 4 (again twice as many as any other franchise). The value of the Patriot franchise is probably near 2 BILLION DOLLAR$. I think they are doing fine with all the getting what they deserve. Celebrate success even if its not your own.

As for Tom Brady, among being rich, good looking and arguably the greatest qb ever, he's married to a SuperModel. I think he is dong just fine too.

AND As disorganized as the NFL has been under Goodell (see Ray Rice PR nightmare and punishment as well as Greg Hardy, Ben Roethlisberger, etc, etc), I bet Brady doesnt miss a game. The NFL really has no evidence. At most he will miss a game or two.

Btw I'm not a pats fan. I root against them. I'm not a Steelers fan. I root against them. I do respect them both. They win.

I grew up a Cowboys fan, but I'd trade ownership groups with either the Pats or Pittspuke cause they're smarter and more disciplined than the new Al Davis sitting in the owner's box at Jerry World. Dan Snyder is the only owner Jerry can still make fun of. He's a fantasy owner who has fired/ran off 3 HOF coaches (Landry, Parcells, & Johnson).

1)You can make a great argument that they would maybe have NEVER made a super bowl without cheating. Since somehow the NFL felt destroying all evidence involved in Spygate was a good decision, therefore we have no idea how far back they did this before their punishment was handed out. We also have no idea if that was appropriate since we have no real idea how far they went over the line. I DO know my Steelers were a victim of this in the 2005 AFC championship game (if not other games since the only Steeler game that was leaked to have been a "Spygate" game was that IIRC. The Steelers lost 1 game all season, crushed the Pats earlier that season and yet looked helpless on defense in the AFCCG....at home. I remember saying to my buddy as I froze my ass off walking to my car from that game..."It was almost as if they knew exactly what we were going to run on defense even before the ball was snapped."

So no....excuse me if I don't tend to celebrate my team getting screwed over by a lesser team that cheated to win. Neither Brady or Belicheat or Kraft are 1/8th the man Art Rooney was.

2) Tom destroyed his phone for a reason. 10K texts in 4 mos...many to a couple of guys that Brady wouldn't even talk to if he didn't have something to gain from it. The funny part is that texts have messages on 2 ends. I guarantee you one of those guys kept EVERYTHING he got in case he would ever get fired or if the NFL ever got wise to this.

If the NFL had no evidence then the suspension would have at least been reduced. I hope Brady gets an injunction so he can play against the Steelers and we kick his cheating ass. Then I hope he loses in court in December and misses the playoffs.

The Steelers run things the right way and watching Brady and the Patriots mentioned in comparisons make me throw up a little.

fellows its a labor issue. no way Brady serves a 4 game suspension. 2 at the most, but I would bet given the weak case and the lack of proper procedure by the NFL for his suspension, he probably will not miss a game. Before this the penalty for changing air pressure was a $25k fine and that was at most. The NFL just made up a punishment here without real evidence.

btw every team in the league cheats. Forget just stickem, greasing jerseys, and stealing signals and signs as well as piping in crowd noise and over inflating / under inflating footballs, it is rampant steroids, hgh, synthetic testosterone, and banned peds are throughout the league and not really heavily tested by design.

Its entertainment. Don't take it more than a way to waste 3.5 hrs. Its why I just watch the games and don't care that much if at all who wins.

I'm done on this.

Very recently one NFL official said that balls leak air naturally ... some more than others. Also, the judge hearing the case told the NFL that all prior testimony would be submitted 'un-sealed'!.

fellows its a labor issue. no way Brady serves a 4 game suspension. 2 at the most, but I would bet given the weak case and the lack of proper procedure by the NFL for his suspension, he probably will not miss a game. Before this the penalty for changing air pressure was a $25k fine and that was at most. The NFL just made up a punishment here without real evidence.

btw every team in the league cheats. Forget just stickem, greasing jerseys, and stealing signals and signs as well as piping in crowd noise and over inflating / under inflating footballs, it is rampant steroids, hgh, synthetic testosterone, and banned peds are throughout the league and not really heavily tested by design.

Its entertainment. Don't take it more than a way to waste 3.5 hrs. Its why I just watch the games and don't care that much if at all who wins.

I'm done on this.

Understood. Remember "fan" is short for "fanatic." I'm not as crazy as I used to be.
The Steelers have never been caught for cheating unless you want to talk about 2 years ago when our coach walked 1 ft onto the field during that Raven kick-off return. IF he did even that on purpose, I wouldn't approve. The Steelers brand is way better than that.

I knew Brady would serve no suspension. Weak case due to no due process.

Goodell and the NFL got egg on their face again. Biggest joke of a commissioner this side of Meatball Marinatto & Trained Geese.

Again I'm not even a Pats fan but I knew this overturn was coming. No due process.

They also used the odd formation against the Ravens in the playoffs to squeek by. Now the formation is illegal to use, how convenient.
Can someone please tell me what the heck is so wrong with finding a legal, previously-undiscovered strategy that might give your team a competitive edge?

This is one thing that's always been wrong with football. The establishment's first instinct with creativity and trick plays always seems to be banishment.

NFL appealing, this won't be actually finished for years

LOL - The NFL had the appeal on stand-by. Brady and his legal team played this perfect and I'm not sure what the NFL was thinking. Good for Brady. I'm not an NFL fan, but it was a fascinating legal case that I followed and I'm pleased with the outcome.

LOL - The NFL had the appeal on stand-by. Brady and his legal team played this perfect and I'm not sure what the NFL was thinking. Good for Brady. I'm not an NFL fan, but it was a fascinating legal case that I followed and I'm pleased with the outcome.

Are you pleased simply because the NFL abused (I guess) labor laws or that a person who was obviously (think OJ like) a participant in a cheating scandal (that wouldn't exist if he simply laughed it off) got away with it ?

There's no answer I would disagree with....just curious.

Are you pleased simply because the NFL abused (I guess) labor laws or that a person who was obviously (think OJ like) a participant in a cheating scandal (that wouldn't exist if he simply laughed it off) got away with it ?

There's no answer I would disagree with....just curious.

I'm pleased because I disagree with parties who hide behind a contract and use that contract to grandstand, show-off, politic, bully, intimidate, ect.

Personally, I feel the judge followed the spirit of the law very well in this case and the NFL was silly for not accepting Brady's settlement offer. It's very obvious who the reasonable party was and that goes a long way in the courtroom.

Anybody who gets a new phone knows you just break your old one. This is common knowledge.

Does anybody except Patriots fans actually respect this organization?

The sad thing is they are probably good enough to win without cheating. Its like being married to a dime and cheating on her with a gutter slut. Don't need to do it you just want to do it. Or your just so used to cheating its second nature.

They deserve everything that has ever and will ever happen to them..(Aaron Hernandez )
Not a Pats fan, but it was a team infraction. The team was responsible the footballs, not the quarterback or any other individual. Goodell had all he needed with the gauge readings. If he was anything but an incredibly stupid egomaniac, he would have simply fine the Patriots and end it there. Instead, he spent millions on an unnecessary investigation aimed at getting an individual (Bellichick). When he couldn't get him, he went for Brady, and overreached with a ridiculous 4 game suspension. Goodell needs firing right away. He must be a PITT grad. He and Wanny would make a good song and dance team.

If the pats are repeat cheaters (and they are), they're just better at it than the 31 other nfl teams (who ALL cheat too).

Goodell is a horrible commissioner. He isn't close to Rosell or Tagliabue. He is now 0-5 in court cases and on this latest Brady case, wasted millions of dollars on a report that could be disproved by a sophomore physics student and in handing down a suspension that a 1st year law student could get dismissed from small claims court.

Take this $$$$ which is millions wasted and give it to former players suffering from traumatic head injuries. At least it is a better use of $$$$$$. Give it to St Jude or Diabled Vets or the homeless or just send it to me and I'll buy myself a beach house and retire

Also and for the final time, the NFL has to come up with specific penalties for specific infractions for players, management, and teams. Otherwise Goodell will be 0-6 the next time the penalty he hands down gets appealed.

Btw appealing the appeal by the nfl is beyond stupid. STAY DOWN WHEN YOU ARE GETTING BEAT. YOU LOOK VERY BAD!!!!

If the pats are repeat cheaters (and they are), they're just better at it than the 31 other nfl teams (who ALL cheat too).

If all teams are cheating and the same one keeps getting busted then I'd hardly say they're ' better at it ' .

PLENTY of teams have won SB's without getting involved in a "scandal"....so if you're correct about all teams cheating then you'd have to give those the honor of being 'better cheaters'.

I know....the Pats just keep winning titles.... ...but I think we could agree the cheating only gave them an edge they really didn't even need.

You really think there's a team in the league with players not using banned substances, stealing signal, using illegal communications, and/or operating outside of the rule book or the spirit of the rules in the rule book? If you do, you aren't paying attention.

Btw getting accused & charged is something that happens to a lot of people. Getting convicted and punished only happens to those who aren't the best at beating it.

All I can tell you is in 15 NFL seasons, the pats have 4 rings and if not for 1 unbelievable great play by the NY Giants (David Tyree) and a dropped pass (Wes Welker), they'd have 6. They are best run sports franchise in the 21st century.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT