ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sid is now triple GOLD!

:smiley: Sorry hockey haters but I had to...dominated the Russians from start to finish!

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hocke...ockey-gold-for-first-time-in-eight-years.html

I love Sid and the Pens but I wish he could dominate a playoff series and score more than two goals in a series. He has flat out let his team down the last few post seasons. And now Babcock is available and we're stuck with a minor league coach and an over the hill GM. Damn the Pens sure have fallen fast. Ugh.

I love Sid and the Pens but I wish he could dominate a playoff series and score more than two goals in a series. He has flat out let his team down the last few post seasons. And now Babcock is available and we're stuck with a minor league coach and an over the hill GM. Damn the Pens sure have fallen fast. Ugh.
I'll agree with you that Sid was the invisible man several of the more recent playoffs, I really think he showed up down the stretch and in the first round this year...imo the glaring deficiencies were on D. It was painfully apparent there were no horses on the backend to lug the puck out, or make the first pass...I do give the farm hands from WB /S credit for giving their best effort but it simply wasn't good enough...
As for the coach I'll admit I was one who supported the hire based on his record from the WHL as GM/coach. If they don't jump outta the gates come Oct/Nov I would think he's a goner....the GM? I figured he was brought in as a stop gap / transition for a year or 2 till a promotion in house....I'm really starting to wonder just what the heck is going on at this point? The whole scenario just looks odd.....

I'll agree with you that Sid was the invisible man several of the more recent playoffs, I really think he showed up down the stretch and in the first round this year...imo the glaring deficiencies were on D. It was painfully apparent there were no horses on the backend to lug the puck out, or make the first pass...I do give the farm hands from WB /S credit for giving their best effort but it simply wasn't good enough...
As for the coach I'll admit I was one who supported the hire based on his record from the WHL as GM/coach. If they don't jump outta the gates come Oct/Nov I would think he's a goner....the GM? I figured he was brought in as a stop gap / transition for a year or 2 till a promotion in house....I'm really starting to wonder just what the heck is going on at this point? The whole scenario just looks odd.....

I always enjoy reading your thoughts on the Pens Toronto. I'm at a loss for what ownership is doing with this team. I agree the lack of D hurt and despite that we were competitive in every game in the Rangers series. If not for stellar goal tending from The King the Pens may have won the series.

Like a lot of Pens fans I was hoping when Babcock became available we'd take a run at him. Seems like a no brainer to me. You have two of the best players in the world and with all the injuries, especially with Sid, you wonder how many years they have left. Since it appears we are moving forward with the staff we have what moves do you see the Pens making this off season? I hope Scuds has played his last game here as well as Adams. And I hope we bring in another scorer to play along side Sid. Gonna be a long off season.

I always enjoy reading your thoughts on the Pens Toronto. I'm at a loss for what ownership is doing with this team. I agree the lack of D hurt and despite that we were competitive in every game in the Rangers series. If not for stellar goal tending from The King the Pens may have won the series.

Like a lot of Pens fans I was hoping when Babcock became available we'd take a run at him. Seems like a no brainer to me. You have two of the best players in the world and with all the injuries, especially with Sid, you wonder how many years they have left. Since it appears we are moving forward with the staff we have what moves do you see the Pens making this off season? I hope Scuds has played his last game here as well as Adams. And I hope we bring in another scorer to play along side Sid. Gonna be a long off season.
Thanks Ron....I honestly think the type of guy we badly need is a true power forward. Maybe a modern day Kevin Stevens (I remember him going to the wall and back for us all those years ago)...doesn't necessarily need to be HUGE but must be strong on the puck and impossible to remove from the front of the opposition net...I had always thought of Patrick Maroon of the Ducks as a perfect fit, but since he re-upped for a bargain basement 1.5- 2 mil this year, that ship sailed...Simmonds in Philly? Almost impossible to move from the front of net, and by no means a giant. Andrew Ladd or Troy Brouwer type as well? Comeau seems he could end up as this type guy over the long term, and that would be fantastic...
I keep hearing Sutter as a valuable trade chip, likely much to do with the cost of re-signing him long term, I'd hate to see him go, but don't like the idea of overpaying for him either.
You're right...not much time left for Sid/Geno in the long term. Is now tge time to trade one? Yikes...no way they get full value, but with all these contracts on the books and what could be only a very minor cap increase...well...I hate to think of it but....
I also hope to see Adams down the road to anywhere but the Pens, Scuds? Serviceable player but really not worth the roster spot in terms of $ and minutes...
Babcock...yes, throw the bank at him as it is not on the cap and he's a proven winner...I sure hope mgmt had a chat or 2 with him....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT