ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma vs. Texas- Who you got?

OU seems to have their mojo back a bit. They waxed a pretty good TT team last week and UT has comes in limping a bit after losing to WVU and the controversial win over Okie State. I say OU 38-31.

If we can't stop the run, and we march out our RB with the lowest YPC as our starter.... then OU will win.

It seems like everyone and their dog can run on this team.

But I have blind faith.

Texas 42
OU 38

If the team that played Tech Saturday plays UT, then OU by a td to 10 pts. If the fighting Landry Jonses show up (see UTEP, KSU etc...) then UT by 17.

OU looked dominant in Lubbock Saturday, and I was afraid of that. They've got too much talent to be given that little respect going into a game, and it spelled disaster. That said, I never thought our QB would be our undoing in that game, but yikes...

You're in a disappointment Big12 Mountaineer! OU is lot more balanced that Tx and Bob has Mack's number of late. OU will shred that defense and OUr defense will put Ash in check, Oklahoma by 10

Originally posted by Mtterrell:
If the team that played Tech Saturday plays UT, then OU by a td to 10 pts. If the fighting Landry Jonses show up (see UTEP, KSU etc...) then UT by 17.

OU looked dominant in Lubbock Saturday, and I was afraid of that. They've got too much talent to be given that little respect going into a game, and it spelled disaster. That said, I never thought our QB would be our undoing in that game, but yikes...
agree.

Pretty simple to me:

If the OU team that played Tech last week shows up we roll by 10 to 14 points. If the team that showed up against K-State shows up, we lose.

K-State had NO BUSINESS beating OU in Norman. K-State didn't even play their A game and we still lost. Bad, bad, performance but equally as good of a performance in Lubbock this past weekend.

WV will see how tough that place is to play this weekend!

This post was edited on 10/8 10:17 AM by MSOONER7

I think Oklahoma wins by running the ball down Texas' throat.

If Texas plays pissed off after losing to WVU, they could win, but I think it was such an emotionally draining game that a let down is possible for both WVU and Texas this weekend.

I hope WVU is focused and puts the Texas win behind them.

OU 35 Texas 31

It is always a "throw out the records game" and just smash mouth football
... I still take OU!

Regardless who wins or loses this game, I think both end up with 6-3 conf. records, by the end of the season. I think UT wins this one.

got to go with the sooners because of the home field. it should be a very good game and wouldn't be surprised if texas pulls it out.

Originally posted by Buster68:
got to go with the sooners because of the home field. it should be a very good game and wouldn't be surprised if texas pulls it out.
Home field? You do know this game is played in Dallas right?

As a rule of thumb, I never pick Oklahoma in a big game. But this time I'm honestly about fifty/fifty. I lean toward Texas because OU's offensive line is young and Texas will be working hard on stopping the run after the last two oponents have exposed their run defense.

I don't know who to pick either is capable and If the RRR is what I have heard it's like the Brawl nothing matters but heart and both teams have shown me they have a lot of heart.

I really think this years game is decided on 4-5 plays and obviously whoever gets the solid play at QB. I'll take LJ as he attempts to go 3-0 as a starter against UT............OU 31 UT 20

OUfan.jpg

I mean look at this idiot with a Longhorn tat best weekend to go to Dallas it will be rocking. OU Texas weekend is like springbreak basically anything goes.

Originally posted by Big12Mountaineer:
I'm going with Texas.
Don't know why but think OU wins a close one for some reason. The OU offense is going to get going eventually and this might be the week. I could see it being a shootout.

I think the Texas team is better. I think they're a year away from being mature enough for three straight weeks like this though. Oklahoma comes into this like it's their rivalry game. Texas comes into this having already played the defending champs and the favorites in 2012. After that they have to gear up again? I'm thinking they're flat and they fall by 10. Also agree with the Horn can that thinks the wrong back is getting most of the carries. Only one of those three cats was scary in Stillwater or against Wet Virginia. Mack is apparently the last one to see it. The Texas run defense won't be fixed until their DL starts playing gap assignments like they matter. Their LB's this year aren't good enough to cover for the lack of gap control up front. They almost got away with it last week thanks to the pressure they generated on Smith. If they can do that to Landry I'll like their chances a lot more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT