ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma @ Baylor

TheRedSon

All-American
Oct 13, 2008
This will be my first non OSU Big 12 game since A&M @ Baylor in 2011. I don't particularly care for either team, but I think it could be a great game and I'm looking forward to it.

I really can't believe Baylor is getting -14.5... That seems huge. I don't remember OU being a double digit dog under Stoops... Maybe against Florida State in the championship game in 2000...

I can't really wrap my brain around a prediction myself yet... Baylor struggled with the one decent team they've played (no offense to the one team that's beat mine), but that was on the road. The Bears should be psyched up about this, and they've made a big deal about blacking out the stadium (which will save me the embarrassment of wearing green...)... That said, the attitude in Waco this week has been a coronation event rather than a BIG game, and Stoops can show his boys that -14.5 disrespect all week. OU is faster and deeper than any team Baylor has played, and I suspect the Baylor defensive front will struggle with Bell when he runs.

I could honestly see this being a blow out in either direction. I have a pretty good feel at this loin for who OU is, but Baylor... I just don't know yet if they're any better than they were two years ago (which will might be good enough to win this and every other game on their schedule, but there are no more gimmes for them).

I am most anxious to see the Baylor receivers against a secondary that is also very fast. If they struggle in the long game against OU they could also have problems against OSU, Texas and TCU.

Well, not great in the long run... Baylor defense was outstanding, but they also had free reign to let the Big 12's best safety play within 5 yards of the LOS all night. OU seemed content to try racing him to the sideline over and over. That didn't work very well.

What was interesting (other than the Baylor defense's compete lack of respect for Blake Bell) was how well the OU defense played the first 30 plays or so... They ran with Baylor receivers all night and defended them well most of it, especially early. I think Baylor had to employ the zone read and let Petty run just to open stuff up, and the OU front 7 wore down quickly after that, even without having to face Baylor's best backs.

I don't know which game yet... Baylor is going to lose one though. Either because they're caught flat or someone finally punishes Bennet for playing everyone so close to the LOS. Tech seems like a decent bet for both I they can get per their own shell-shock.

OU will beat Iowa State I think, but they won't win again in conference play after that.

Well, not great in the long run... Baylor defense was outstanding, but they also had free reign to let the Big 12's best safety play within 5 yards of the LOS all night. OU seemed content to try racing him to the sideline over and over. That didn't work very well.

What was interesting (other than the Baylor defense's compete lack of respect for Blake Bell) was how well the OU defense played the first 30 plays or so... They ran with Baylor receivers all night and defended them well most of it, especially early. I think Baylor had to employ the zone read and let Petty run just to open stuff up, and the OU front 7 wore down quickly after that, even without having to face Baylor's best backs.

I don't know which game yet... Baylor is going to lose one though. Either because they're caught flat or someone finally punishes Bennet for playing everyone so close to the LOS. Tech seems like a decent bet for both I they can get per their own shell-shock.

OU will beat Iowa State I think, but they won't win again in conference play after that.

ADVERTISEMENT