ADVERTISEMENT

Ok golfing buddies....what about this one......

Snow Sled Baby

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Staunton Va
Was playing in a captains choice tournament today...it was a fundraiser so everyone could buy 2 mulligans....a guy in the group behind us used a mulligan on a par 3 and made a hole in one with it.....there was a written tournament rule that mulligans could not be used for closest to the pin awards.......so the big debate was ....should the shot be counted as a true hole in one?......I had to leave before the issue was settled.....I'll find out tomorrow what they decided......what do you guys think...and are the golf purists turning over in their graves?........from a personal standpoint, while I know mulligans and skirts and all that stuff help raise money I'd rather just play straight up golf......well, what do you think?:thumbsdown:[thumb2]

The shot doesn't win a closest to the pin but it does count as a gross 1 in the tournament. And the guy has every right to celebrate and buy a round of drinks in the club afterward.

The shot doesn't win a closest to the pin but it does count as a gross 1 in the tournament. And the guy has every right to celebrate and buy a round of drinks in the club afterward.
too bad I couldn't stay[cheers]......some golf ball companies used to give a dozen golf balls to a player who used their ball for a hole in one....wonder if that would apply here.......we won the tournament by the way....shot 58 on a par 71 won by 3......saving up now to buy a callaway razrblack 5 wood and retire my 3 hybrid.....the old just keep on getting older:cry:

Was playing in a captains choice tournament today...it was a fundraiser so everyone could buy 2 mulligans....a guy in the group behind us used a mulligan on a par 3 and made a hole in one with it.....there was a written tournament rule that mulligans could not be used for closest to the pin awards.......so the big debate was ....should the shot be counted as a true hole in one?......I had to leave before the issue was settled.....I'll find out tomorrow what they decided......what do you guys think...and are the golf purists turning over in their graves?........from a personal standpoint, while I know mulligans and skirts and all that stuff help raise money I'd rather just play straight up golf......well, what do you think?:thumbsdown:[thumb2]

It's not true hole in one. In other news, my son and one of the assistant pros at my club teamed up to tie for first place in the TN PGA Firehawk Scratch Pro Am shooting -15 for the two day event. They lost a playoff to an eagle on the first playoff hole. My son shot 72-70 to placed T5th individually and won $675. He's bummed. Said he left a bunch of putts short in the mouth.

It's not true hole in one. In other news, my son and one of the assistant pros at my club teamed up to tie for first place in the TN PGA Firehawk Scratch Pro Am shooting -15 for the two day event. They lost a playoff to an eagle on the first playoff hole. My son shot 72-70 to placed T5th individually and won $675. He's bummed. Said he left a bunch of putts short in the mouth.
how's your game?....mine comes and goes....made everything I looked at today...last Thursday I couldn't putt it in the ocean

how's your game?....mine comes and goes....made everything I looked at today...last Thursday I couldn't putt it in the ocean
My ball striking is inconsistent. Putting is too. Not a good combo. My last 5 rounds ...75, 75, 79, 88, 79. I haven't shot a round of par or better since January. Maybe it would help to practice. :)

88?......You?.....i find that hard to believe...where were you....winged foot?
The Grove near Nashville. It's a relatively new Norman design that I'd never played before. We played it at about 7400 and I was hitting it sideways. And 3-putted a bunch. It's really a good track. I just sucked it up that day. My son qualified to play in the TGA's Match Play Championship there next month. That should be fun to watch.

88? I'm with Snow and have never heard you score similar to us mortals.

Have you guys ever gone to the World Amateur Handicap tournament in Myrtle Beach? I am targeting it for 2016 and am very intrigued by it.

For the past two years I have been attempting to change things in order to get better. I have recently trashed that approach and am going back to my way of playing and have finally recaptured my play and have had some good rounds lately. I will never try and make changes again. I will just continue to improve what I do.

so's my wife....her lessons screwed her up more than helped....btw the guy from yesterday WAS credited by the course with a hole in one....much to the chagrin of some players....but he DID have to buy drinks.....wonder if the nay sayers drank free too?

Funny. I played a round with my son last Friday and by chance discovered a few things on my swing and set up that I'm considering a break through. Played again Sunday with some friends and the swing kept working well.

I wish I wouldn't be so influenced so easily. That is my big problem. I have to listen to a bunch of know-it-alls and they don't know it all.

Here is my theory. Unless you have a ton of time to commit to practice and have someone qualified to watch you and give feedback, making major changes to your golf swing is not going to work. Nothing wrong with little tweaks and small improvements like hand positioning, setup, posture, keeping head still,etc. You know, the basics. I have a homemade swing as I have never had a lesson in my life. I have been told it is a pretty good swing by those that would know. Best thing about it would be it is very repetitive and I know what my ball is going to do. In order for me to score better, I just need to quit making mistakes that cost me strokes. I will never be a scratch player so thinking I can overhaul my swing is actually stupid and I need to quit being influenced by jabrons that see pros doing major things to their swings and that should apply to weekend warriors. It doesn't. Pros play a different game and they have the resources as it is their job.

I wish I wouldn't be so influenced so easily. That is my big problem. I have to listen to a bunch of know-it-alls and they don't know it all.

Here is my theory. Unless you have a ton of time to commit to practice and have someone qualified to watch you and give feedback, making major changes to your golf swing is not going to work. Nothing wrong with little tweaks and small improvements like hand positioning, setup, posture, keeping head still,etc. You know, the basics. I have a homemade swing as I have never had a lesson in my life. I have been told it is a pretty good swing by those that would know. Best thing about it would be it is very repetitive and I know what my ball is going to do. In order for me to score better, I just need to quit making mistakes that cost me strokes. I will never be a scratch player so thinking I can overhaul my swing is actually stupid and I need to quit being influenced by jabrons that see pros doing major things to their swings and that should apply to weekend warriors. It doesn't. Pros play a different game and they have the resources as it is their job.
Bingo!!!!

It should not count as a hole in one per se but can count as 1 on the score card

ADVERTISEMENT