ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, break in politics....your greatest moment in a movie

MountaineerWV

All-American
Sep 18, 2007
Mine, no doubt, was watching Empire Strikes Back and Vader's "Luke, I am your father". I was like....WHAT THE F**K!?!?!?!?! I just wish the prequels were a little better because that story line alone could have made for GREAT movie history. Instead, we got Star Wars Episode I (Sucked), Episode II (sucked worse), and then Episode III (started out sucking, ended better). Can't wait for the release of the new one in a few months. Rumors circulating that Han Solo or Leia will be killed in it. Will be interesting if true, especially if it were to be Han. He's kind of like Daryl on Walking Dead. People may riot....

Oh, I've got plenty of favorites. In Once Upon A Time in the West, when Bronson answers Fonda's question about who he is by shoving the harmonica in Fonda's teeth is right up there.

Clint shooting the owner of the billiards parlor in Unforgiven was the start of an awesome scene with a great line from Clint. "That's right. I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawled at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you Little Bill, for what you did to Ned."

Way of the Gun is just a great movie overall, but there are a lot of key moments: the conversation between Del Toro and Caan in the restaurant, Caan line about karma ("Karma is justice without the satisfaction. I don't believe in justice"), Ryan Phillippe's "prayer" at the end of the movie. Just quality cinema all around.

Scene that still gives me chills. The scene where the 54th march onto the beach in Glory.

Mine, no doubt, was watching Empire Strikes Back and Vader's "Luke, I am your father". I was like....WHAT THE F**K!?!?!?!?! I just wish the prequels were a little better because that story line alone could have made for GREAT movie history. Instead, we got Star Wars Episode I (Sucked), Episode II (sucked worse), and then Episode III (started out sucking, ended better). Can't wait for the release of the new one in a few months. Rumors circulating that Han Solo or Leia will be killed in it. Will be interesting if true, especially if it were to be Han. He's kind of like Daryl on Walking Dead. People may riot....
Two of my favorite scenes....the Big Kahuna Burger scene in Pulp Fiction.

The end of Body Heat when it all comes together

When Al Pacino gives his speech at the end of Scent of a woman. When The students stand up on their chairs in Dead Poets Society, and when Clint says, "well we have something I call the Missouri boat ride", and then shoots the ferry rope.

Oh, I've got plenty of favorites. In Once Upon A Time in the West, when Bronson answers Fonda's question about who he is by shoving the harmonica in Fonda's teeth is right up there.

Clint shooting the owner of the billiards parlor in Unforgiven was the start of an awesome scene with a great line from Clint. "That's right. I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawled at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you Little Bill, for what you did to Ned."

Way of the Gun is just a great movie overall, but there are a lot of key moments: the conversation between Del Toro and Caan in the restaurant, Caan line about karma ("Karma is justice without the satisfaction. I don't believe in justice"), Ryan Phillippe's "prayer" at the end of the movie. Just quality cinema all around.
That scene in Unforgiven may be the best in movie history.... "deserves got nothing to do with it"....classic.

The end of Field of Dreams when he realizes it was all about his Father.

As far as funny is concerned. In The Big Lebowski when they are at the alley when Jesus is first introduced, they pan by and Steve Buscemi changes his expression slightly ... cracks me up. There are lots in that movie.

Reactions: Fingon
Pulp Fiction has been on lately on IFC. Such a solid movie.
I've seen that movie SO many times. I went with a group of friends in the theater, later took a girlfriend to see it in the theater, saw in a theater on campus, thenbumped into a friend who hadn't seen it yet, and saw it with him that night again. I've backed off of it a fair amount over the years, but it is very good. I have friends who love Reservoir Dogs, and it's a good movie, but I don't think it can hold a candle to Pulp Fiction.

That scene in Unforgiven may be the best in movie history.... "deserves got nothing to do with it"....classic.
I don't know how we've all missed the best line in Matewan up to this point either:
Sid Hatfield: I've met Mr. Phelps. I wouldn't pee on him if his heart was on fire.

Reactions: Keyser76

William Holden in Stalag 13 during the scene where he enters the hole in the floor to escape and pops back up to says "if we meet on the street, act like we never met" as a response to how the other Americans treated him as a stoolie to the Germans where it really was Peter Graves (eventually discovered by Holden). It was a very telling line in the movie considering how he was treated.

Another is Dustin Hoffman in "Little Big Man" where he tells a delirious Custer prior to the Battle of Little Big Horn, "General you go down there because them ain't helpless women and children waiting for you but Cheyenne braves. You go down there if you've got the nerve"

William Holden in Stalag 13 during the scene where he enters the hole in the floor to escape and pops back up to says "if we meet on the street, act like we never met" as a response to how the other Americans treated him as a stoolie to the Germans where it really was Peter Graves (eventually discovered by Holden). It was a very telling line in the movie considering how he was treated.

Another is Dustin Hoffman in "Little Big Man" where he tells a delirious Custer prior to the Battle of Little Big Horn, "General you go down there because them ain't helpless women and children waiting for you but Cheyenne braves. You go down there if you've got the nerve"
Both good, and I forget about Stalag 13 more often than not. I love that movie, and that line is classic.

Both good, and I forget about Stalag 13 more often than not. I love that movie, and that line is classic.

I forgot about "We Were Soldiers".....Sam Elliot tells Mel Gibson...."Sir, Custer was a pussy....you ain't"......awesome line.

• "I tried to stand up and fly straight, but it wasn't easy with that sumbitch Reagan in the White House. I dunno. They say he's a decent man, so maybe his advisers are confused." - H.I. McDunnough explaining why he kept getting incarcerated.

Quint's monologue on the events of the Indianapolis on Jaws. Probably the best monologue of any movie.

Quint's monologue on the events of the Indianapolis on Jaws. Probably the best monologue of any movie.

Do you know they are finally making a movie about the USS Indianapolis? I'm thinking I saw where Nicholas Cage is either going to star or direct it.

Do you know they are finally making a movie about the USS Indianapolis? I'm thinking I saw where Nicholas Cage is either going to star or direct it.
Please let him direct it if he has to be involved. He has taken over acting to a whole different level.

I thought I remember watching something about it back in the 80s . It certainly wasn't a feature film. Something like a made for TV type thing. Stacy Keach was in it.

Under Siege. Erika Eleniak popping up out of that cake.

med_1405720325_00032.jpg

I thought I remember watching something about it back in the 80s . It certainly wasn't a feature film. Something like a made for TV type thing. Stacy Keach was in it.

Yes, they did a made-for-TV movie about it. But they want to make it a true "film".

Tom Hanks has a new war movie coming out. It's about the lawyer that negotiated the release of Francis Gary Powers. Trailer looked awesome.

The end of Field of Dreams when he realizes it was all about his Father.

As far as funny is concerned. In The Big Lebowski when they are at the alley when Jesus is first introduced, they pan by and Steve Buscemi changes his expression slightly ... cracks me up. There are lots in that movie.
That Field of Dreams scene where he asks his dad if he wants to have a catch, or the entire scene in The Natural of Roy Hobbs' final at bat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT