ADVERTISEMENT

Nest Thermostat

1WVU

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2005
Roanoke, VA
Any of you guys have the Nest heating/cooling thermostat? Just installed one for my upstairs area today and just looking for some feedback. I know next to nothing about HVAC and I have gas heat with heat pumps for AC so wiring the unit was a chore. They (nest) suggest professional installation when you have two sources of heating/cooling like I do but my pride wouldn't allow me to do that. Hopefully did it right lol....

I don't have Nest. But I've re-wired a few thermostats in the past when upgrading them to accommodate Control 4 systems. Read the Nest manual and your Heat Pump's manual and search Google if you run into trouble, but be ready to consult with a local HVAC tech.

I don't have Nest. But I've re-wired a few thermostats in the past when upgrading them to accommodate Control 4 systems. Read the Nest manual and your Heat Pump's manual and search Google if you run into trouble, but be ready to consult with a local HVAC tech.

The Nest instruction manual is very basic and doesn't give much detail. We just bought the house recently and the units are older so I don't have manuals, although I may try and find them in the Internet. So far it's done OK. Fan and AC works.

Any of you guys have the Nest heating/cooling thermostat? Just installed one for my upstairs area today and just looking for some feedback. I know next to nothing about HVAC and I have gas heat with heat pumps for AC so wiring the unit was a chore. They (nest) suggest professional installation when you have two sources of heating/cooling like I do but my pride wouldn't allow me to do that. Hopefully did it right lol....

I love my Nest! Don't hesitate to call their customer support for any wiring questions. I did and was extremely happy with their support.

BTW: I bought mine for $4.00 at a Thrift Shop. [banana]

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT