ADVERTISEMENT

Might finish season ranked. Who knows.

Wvu Eers28

All-Conference
Jan 27, 2005
I know it’s meaningless but it would be nice to get back in the rankings. Might even help with positive recruiting and momentum the program seems to have right now.

Gotta say coming into the year I was expecting 4 or less wins, Neal being fired, an exodus of our best players to portal, and massive rebuild facing the new hire. Happy I was wrong and am excited about the trajectory of the program.

Looking at schedule no reason to think we can’t win 8-9 wins again next year and if things break right might be in mix to make Big 12 title game. I’m predicting there will be 4-5 teams congested at the top for 2 spots. Don’t think it’s unrealistic to think we could be in that mix next year. (Heck would’ve been in that mix without the Hail Mary this year).

Regardless, I would predict we will be between 15-20 in the 2024 preseason rankings. This means expectations will be MUCH HIGHER, and the pressure to produce will be greater. Can this staff handle it? I hope so. This year I've actually grown fond of this coaching staff and hope they can rise up to these expectations.

Reactions: WVUBRU
It would be great to see WVU sneak into the final top 25. They did what they were supposed to do and beat UNC (and the refs) to finish the season with 9 wins. Give it to them.

One very definite no-call was the ignored push off on the UNC touchdown, but other than that one, nothing stood out. We just made a few mistakes.
That was the big one but I thought they missed a handful of holding calls against our DL.

I know it’s meaningless but it would be nice to get back in the rankings. Might even help with positive recruiting and momentum the program seems to have right now.

Gotta say coming into the year I was expecting 4 or less wins, Neal being fired, an exodus of our best players to portal, and massive rebuild facing the new hire. Happy I was wrong and am excited about the trajectory of the program.

Looking at schedule no reason to think we can’t win 8-9 wins again next year and if things break right might be in mix to make Big 12 title game. I’m predicting there will be 4-5 teams congested at the top for 2 spots. Don’t think it’s unrealistic to think we could be in that mix next year. (Heck would’ve been in that mix without the Hail Mary this year).
Looking at bowl losses to date, we should make the top 25.

Reactions: WESTBGVA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT