ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe it was already discussed. Putting a woman on $10 bill

DvlDog4WVU

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Not sure how I feel about this one yet. Part of me thinks it should happen, but aside from essentially the designer of our current financial system the rest of currency has presidents on it. Is it worth the financial impact to change the currency just for the sake of political correctness?

Not sure how I feel about this one yet. Part of me thinks it should happen, but aside from essentially the designer of our current financial system the rest of currency has presidents on it. Is it worth the financial impact to change the currency just for the sake of political correctness?

Benjamin Franklin wasn't a POTUS. But anyway, it doesn't matter to me. They probably have to change the bills now and then to make it harder for counterfeiters so if they're going to change it anyway they might as well add a woman. Someone at some point chose who would go on the money and if we were choosing from scratch today there'd probably be more than one woman on the money.

I suspect paper money is becoming less important and less used anyway. The change I wish they'd make is get rid of the $1 bill and push the $1 coin and $2 bill.

Reactions: Popeer
Shouldn't it be a $7.80 Bill?:cry:

I think it should be the 100....my wife can blow 100 bucks quicker than any woman I know:chairshot:

It probably won't cost that much, but you're right that it's just a PC thang, and my wife and I were discussing this on the way to work this morning -- who should it be? Eleanor Roosevelt? Harriet Tubman? What woman has really contributed that much? We already have women (Susan B. Anthony and Sacajawea) on $1 coins, which, as Op2 noted should be the way we go anyway. We're the only country in the world that still issues its basic unit of currency as a paper note instead of a coin.

If they have to put a woman on it then I think it should be Dolly Madison or Eleanor Roosevelt.

ADVERTISEMENT