ADVERTISEMENT

Major WVU supporter to be honored...

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
Many of WVU's most notable donors and supporters are well-known to WVU fans (both school and athletics) but Bob Reynolds is at the top of that list and many are not fully aware of his kindness toward the University. He's a huge supporter of all things WVU. One of his many contributions was to the Reynolds Family Academic Performance Center, which is at the Puskar Center. I thought I would share this release on him being named the 2015 Ron Burton Humanitarian Award Dinner.

2015 Ron Burton Humanitarian Award Dinner
Wednesday May 20, 2015, 6:00 PM

Bob-Reynolds.jpg
Robert L. Reynolds
President and Chief Executive Officer
Putnam Investments

Mr. Reynolds is President and Chief Executive Officer of Putnam Investments and President of the Putnam Funds. Building upon a distinguished 30-year career, he has revitalized Putnam through strong, sustained investment performance, new products designed for today’s market challenges, and thought leadership for the retirement marketplace. Respected as an industry statesman, Mr. Reynolds is regarded as a driving force of innovation and progress in institutional and retail financial services.

Mr. Reynolds has earned multiple industry honors over time for his accomplishments. He was named Fund Leader of the Year at the Mutual Fund Industry Awards in 2010 for the strategic improvements he initiated at Putnam. The following year, Putnam, under the leadership of Mr. Reynolds, was honored as Retirement Leader of the Year for initiatives and innovative solutions in the workplace savings arena. Mr. Reynolds has also received a Lifetime Achievement Award from PLANSPONSOR magazine for popularizing employersponsored 401(k) plans.

In addition to his Putnam responsibilities, Mr. Reynolds is President and CEO of Great-West Financial, one of the nation’s top providers of retirement savings products and services, life insurance, annuities, and executive benefits products.

Prior to joining Putnam in 2008, Mr. Reynolds was Vice Chairman and Chief Operating Officer of Fidelity Investments. Mr. Reynolds currently serves on several not-for-profit boards, including those of West Virginia University Foundation, Concord Museum, and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. He is a member of the Chief Executives Club of Boston and the Council on Competitiveness, and he is a former president of the Commercial Club of Boston.

Mr. Reynolds received an Honorary Doctorate in Business Administration from West Virginia University, a President’s Medal of Excellence from Boston College, and the De La Salle Medal from Manhattan College. He earned a B.S. in Business Administration/Finance from West Virginia University.

- See more at: http://www.ronburtontrainingvillage...umanitarian-award-dinner#sthash.Ay6vRDtU.dpuf

You mentioned athletics is he a big contributor to sports or only the school?

Huge contributor to athletics as well. He may be WVU's biggest support now.

Where does John Chambers reside on this list? I went to school with him! He is retiring from Cisco Systems and I would have thought that he was a major benefactor.

Where does John Chambers reside on this list? I went to school with him! He is retiring from Cisco Systems and I would have thought that he was a major benefactor.
John has given millions as well. I don't know if he's in the top 2-3 in sports but very few people can match what he's given across the board.

John has given millions as well. I don't know if he's in the top 2-3 in sports but very few people can match what he's given across the board.

Thanks, Vernon... At some point and if you have time, it might be interesting to see a quasi-breakdown on benefactors and their support for the University. That assumes you have access to that information.

Bob (?) Lane from Oracle is one I'd be curious about!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT