ADVERTISEMENT

Maciej Bender 6-10 SF

We are involved

We are also involved with out 30 other recruits, trying to find the best 2 for our needs....... Yes, 2.

Cute...best two for our needs....

...or the best two that actually want to attend WVU.

----------

I enjoy your posts Keaton...still, you're a propaganda machine.

Reactions: wvurelic
Yep, give us both and bring on Texas. We could bang with the best. The big man is what we have been missing, IMO. He overcomes a lot of aggression errors outside. Perfect for our game.

Jethro will more than likely be in the top 100 after summer. He is one of our few kids that stay in the states during the summer and plays AAU. He just had a great 3 days in the NBPA Top 100 Camp (NBA Top high school prospect camp). He had a lot of buzz after day 1. Our kids are way under recruited because of not playing AAU, but we have 3 playing this summer. (I have a highlight video of his play at the camp completed this afternoon. I search all recruiting sites and found as much footage as I could.)

Maciej blew up after 1 tournament with the WV Wildcats in spring and would have had an invite to the Top 100 camp if he was not playing for his national team. His club team won the Polish National Championship and he was MVP. If Maciej stayed and played AAU, he would have been a Top 100 player after this summer. If he played the past 2 years he could have had a shot at Top 50.
It disappoints me that AAU has the power it has now, but it is what it is. High School games is where you get better, AAU is where you get seen....

These kids have major interest and some offers from teams from the Big 10, Pac 12, Big 12, SEC, ACC, and Big East / AAC or whatever it's called.

WVU has a great relationship with Mountain Mission and our staff/administration. They were in the first crop of teams to visit Mountain Mission and have continued to travel to Grundy over the past 2 years.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Jethro will more than likely be in the top 100 after summer. He is one of our few kids that stay in the states during the summer and plays AAU. He just had a great 3 days in the NBPA Top 100 Camp (NBA Top high school prospect camp). He had a lot of buzz after day 1. Our kids are way under recruited because of not playing AAU, but we have 3 playing this summer. (I have a highlight video of his play at the camp completed this afternoon. I search all recruiting sites and found as much footage as I could.)

Maciej blew up after 1 tournament with the WV Wildcats in spring and would have had an invite to the Top 100 camp if he was not playing for his national team. His club team won the Polish National Championship and he was MVP. If Maciej stayed and played AAU, he would have been a Top 100 player after this summer. If he played the past 2 years he could have had a shot at Top 50.
It disappoints me that AAU has the power it has now, but it is what it is. High School games is where you get better, AAU is where you get seen....

These kids have major interest and some offers from teams from the Big 10, Pac 12, Big 12, SEC, ACC, and Big East / AAC or whatever it's called.

WVU has a great relationship with Mountain Mission and our staff/administration. They were in the first crop of teams to visit Mountain Mission and have continued to travel to Grundy over the past 2 years.

You do good work putting those vids together on youtube.

Thank you. I have spent a lot of time on iMovie the past 2 years. If I would have spent as much time study law as I did screen recording and clipping videos, I would have finished first in my class. lol :joy:

Jethro had a great showing in the NBA Top 100 Camp against some of the top high school players in the world and deserved a video to remember this performance.

I thought I would share it here as well...

Jethro had a great showing in the NBA Top 100 Camp against some of the top high school players in the world and deserved a video to remember this performance.

I thought I would share it here as well...

I saw all the posts on twitter. Now that he is not much of a secret, I doubt are chances of landing him are that high unless we get a lot of push from someone down that part of the county. :sunglasses:[WVU]

From the way JDemps has talked, it sounds more like "If we wanted him badly enough, then we could have had him by now"

I do think that playing EYBL for a TX team probably opened his eyes towards other possibilities..

I would love to see Huggs have a legit rim protector. Huggs hasn't had one since coming here and as much as he values defense and rebounding, Jethro should be a no-brainer. The guy is strong as an ox and is one of the fastest jumpers I've seen. His timing cannot be taught and he looks damn near an NBA physical specimen already.

Its as easy as taking them both assuming they would want to attend WVU.. Inside and outside bigs, one who can stroke the three and handle the ball and one who swats everything in the paint and halls in double digit rebounds.

Sounds like the 2016 class wrapped up in a nice little Mt. Mission package.

While poking around everywhere, it seems the BB staff has indeed brought Gourd in as a W/O. I'm impressed considering he could have went to grad school free and probably gotten more minutes at Troy or a few other places.

Strange stuff going on including supposedly red shirting West. That would be a first. I don't think i have ever seen Huggs red shirt anyone that wasn't grades or injury.

I also saw on twitter that Chris Baldwin was visiting today. An undersized PF with a little mid range ability.

I cannot fathom why we wouldn't be camped at MM trying to get Bender which isn't a classic Huggs type recruit but his skill level is off the charts. I think he is back in Poland though.

Jethro is more like a Huggs kind of recruit other than being too big maybe but it seems like there is something not clicking there either. Visiting AZ ST I see.

Just a little off season thoughts.

Who else is going to Atlantis to watch some games in the Bahamas?

While poking around everywhere, it seems the BB staff has indeed brought Gourd in as a W/O. I'm impressed considering he could have went to grad school free and probably gotten more minutes at Troy or a few other places.

Strange stuff going on including supposedly red shirting West. That would be a first. I don't think i have ever seen Huggs red shirt anyone that wasn't grades or injury.

I also saw on twitter that Chris Baldwin was visiting today. An undersized PF with a little mid range ability.

I cannot fathom why we wouldn't be camped at MM trying to get Bender which isn't a classic Huggs type recruit but his skill level is off the charts. I think he is back in Poland though.

Jethro is more like a Huggs kind of recruit other than being too big maybe but it seems like there is something not clicking there either. Visiting AZ ST I see.

Just a little off season thoughts.

Who else is going to Atlantis to watch some games in the Bahamas?
Maciej is back in Poland. He will be playing with the Polish National team along with another one of our starters from last year (Jakub Kuba Mijakowski: 6'7 wing). Next year could be a special year for us. I have decided to put off practicing law for a year so I can spend one more year in Grundy. Mountain Mission is a very special place. Does a lot of great things for a lot of amazing children

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
I would love to see Huggs have a legit rim protector. Huggs hasn't had one since coming here

John Flowers ranked 2nd in the Big East in blocks in 2011. He's not D'or Fischer, but that's worthy of mention.

I think Brandon Watkins is capable of that, but he needs to get healthy. A redshirt year might do him good if he's not going to be at full strength until the new year.

John Flowers ranked 2nd in the Big East in blocks in 2011. He's not D'or Fischer, but that's worthy of mention.

I think Brandon Watkins is capable of that, but he needs to get healthy. A redshirt year might do him good if he's not going to be at full strength until the new year.

I loved Flowers. But two completely different players. Flowers was a lock down defender and got most of his blocks off of help side defense. He was not a rim protector. John could defend the 1-4 positions and I loved it when he was defending the other players wings or SG's.

Huggs has never had an intimidating presence or rim protector like Jethro. However, I would take Bender because of his unbelievable skill set. He has handles, he has a sweet stroke, he has great hands and feet,. Nice BB IQ too. TBO, I cant believe that Belein or Ryan haven't been beating down MM's door because he is their prototype Big they like to use. I would think Few from Gonzaga would be very interested as well especially because he does well with international players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT