ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Pachell is done for the year

TCU is seeing the "depth" issue people were warning them about.

Only the magnification is much higher than anyone expected. Welcome to Tech last year TCU.

They were going to see the depth issue rear it's head eventually regardless, but cutting soany players this summer and now losing Pachall means they're essentially operating as if they're in year 2 or 3 of Penn State's probation. That's a killer, and it's going to be rough on their fans listening to everyone tell them they only succeeded rece y because their competition was awful. They'd have been fine in the Big 12 if they had the roster they started the spring with. As it is I don't think they win again this year, and everyone, including the Big 12, is going to look bad. The one thing that softens the blow a bit is Missouri's injury issues have already started these conversations and someone will remember TCU delt with similar devastating circumstances.

WVU is also going to have to get deeper as well.

I noticed the difference in depth between WVU and UT Saturday night. It seemed they were constantly rotating another big D-lineman, RB etc into the game. Definately something WVU is going to have to fix over the next couple of recruting classes.

TCU will win again, i dont know what game, but baylor of Old*** would win a game every now and then.

For those that dont remember, baylor used to suck. Not just aw man you suck. This was, you dont even belong in this division of football, let alone the big12, levels of suck.

Last year was the first time Baylor beat Texas Tech in something like 17 years, and they first time EVER to beat Oklahoma.

Other than OU, some years, no one ever really matches Texas' depth. They get almost whoever they want in Texas every year, which means they get the lion's share of the Big 12 ready freshmen like Jonathan Gray. The rest of us have to build depth over time, and develop it over 4-5 years. We rarly get much production from our freshmen. If Texas misses on a shole class they can just start over nearly the next year. That doesn't make Texas invincible though.

Before Briles the only conference games Baylor won since Brown and Stoops were hired we're against Kansas and bad Iowa State teams. They beat A&M a couple of times and OSU in Gundy's first season (thanks to EIGHT turnovers). Their record in Big 12 play against OU, OSU and Tech is 3-45. That said, TCU has already played Kansas and Iowa State. They'll need a pretty big upset to win against anyone else in this conference without Pachall. Everyone else expects to score 35 a game just for crawling out of bed on a bad day.

I think they'd like Charlie Strong and would settle on Briles. It'll be interesting to see if they can swing him. I think they might ask permission to interview DH as well. Drayton McClane said if he can pay $25 million for five months from Roger Clemens he's pretty sure Baylor can find a way to keep Briles (as in his pocketbook). I don't think DH would be easy to sway this early in his WVU contract either.

Baylor under Briles and Baylor the previous 12 years in the Big 12 are two totally different animals. Especially since 2010 when RGIII was back from his ACL tear.

I was surprised they did so well against your defense though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT