ADVERTISEMENT

LMAO at Marshall's 2023 recruiting class

No, I think WVU is Marshall's measuring stick.
Well, if the Herd uses WVU as a measuring stick, 9-4 and a bowl win is much greater than 5-7, and another trip to Coonskin Park. Your measuring stick must be shorter than your pecker.

Well, if the Herd uses WVU as a measuring stick, 9-4 and a bowl win is much greater than 5-7, and another trip to Coonskin Park. Your measuring stick must be shorter than your pecker.
WVU = obsessed with MU but too chickenshit to play basketball or football.

• Haha
Reactions: KingCoal
WVU = obsessed with MU but too chickenshit to play basketball or football.
Correct. Buzz Kill starts a thread comparing WVUs 'then' 13th rated recruiting class, and wants to compare it to Marshall, and then goes on to talk about a measurement stick? Who's measuring who here?

Need to rid themselves of all the many disingenuous excuses. If they're scared, just say so.

I'm still laughing at Marshall's recruiting class for next year. 2 players ranked as 3 stars and 7 as 2 stars. That's it.

Meanwhile, Neal Brown with one foot in the grave and the other foot on a banana peel as far as his future at WVU has managed to sign 3 players ranked at 4 stars and the other 16 that signed today all have 3 star ratings.

Weren't you just here a few days ago all excited about your new turf, your kick ass coach, and your kick ass team? Seems that none of that means Jack squat to 2023 recruits. Maybe it's time to bring back mops for props.
Mops for props is legal now. It's called NIL.

I'm still laughing at Marshall's recruiting class for next year. 2 players ranked as 3 stars and 7 as 2 stars. That's it.

Meanwhile, Neal Brown with one foot in the grave and the other foot on a banana peel as far as his future at WVU has managed to sign 3 players ranked at 4 stars and the other 16 that signed today all have 3 star ratings.

Correct. Buzz Kill starts a thread comparing WVUs 'then' 13th rated recruiting class, and wants to compare it to Marshall, and then goes on to talk about a measurement stick? Who's measuring who here?

Need to rid themselves of all the many disingenuous excuses. If they're scared, just say so.
Also correct! If they would say "were scared" it really disarms us and in essence ends the argument. But they can't bring themselves to do that, they wants to talk about stars, their HOF coach and moonbeams. Just turn the damn scoreboard on and we'll find out who is the better team but much safer to avoid that .

The Fat Lady hasn't sung yet.

Old carcass Buzzard:

Any update on how WVU did with the 2023 recruiting class? You were flapping your gums many months back, so how did you end up?

What the buzzard fails to comprehend, is that a majority of the 'big boy' schools, haven't begun to fill up their commitment sheets as of today. He doesn't realize many of the major recruits are yet to commit. Once they do, those teams will bolt ahead of WVU, just as they always do. Oh, and some of WVU's current commits, well, don't be surprised to see a few decommit, if any of the 'big boy' schools come a calling, again, as usual. I'll try to remember to pull this thread up in December, the day after national signing day.
The above post is hereby quoted, due to accuracy as to how things played out.

Recruiting news means virtually nothing to me...can't see into these guys hearts or minds!
Recruiting isn't even all that important, other than bringing in a few blue chips, ones that may or may not pan out. Today it's all about recruiting other team's players, as well as being able to adequately fund them. I never thought Michigan would actively recruit the transfer portal, but they have 7-8 guys coming in that will all either start or see significant playing time. The bigger issue with that though, is whether or not they'll fit in from a culture standpoint and gel with the players already on hand that have paid their dues.

Recruiting isn't even all that important, other than bringing in a few blue chips, ones that may or may not pan out. Today it's all about recruiting other team's players, as well as being able to adequately fund them. I never thought Michigan would actively recruit the transfer portal, but they have 7-8 guys coming in that will all either start or see significant playing time. The bigger issue with that though, is whether or not they'll fit in from a culture standpoint and gel with the players already on hand that have paid their dues.
...much truth in that! But it's killing college football as old guys like me knew it!

WVU recruiting class dropped 24 spots to #47.

Talk about falling off the ladder.

How can you trust the climb when your own coach can't climb.

Hey, Allen: Do you remember when you were beating your chest on the main board about WVU's Top 20 recruiting class? I do. An old timer like you should know better than to count your chickens before they hatch or scratch their signatures on the commitment papers...LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT