ADVERTISEMENT

Libs, please please defend planned parenthood

Shouldn't you be addressing pro choicers? I don't have a dog in this hunt but if people are committing crimes then they should be charged with them.

Very good point, I shouldn't assume all liberals support this hideous practice. But the truly shocking fact is that 30% of the country supports abortion at any time during pregnancy and for any reason.

If men could get pregnant you would be able to get an abortion in a drive through, Abortion and Planned Parenthood, hmmmm, must be an election year, lets get the rubes stirred up so they will vote against their own economic interests again. The horror!

If men could get pregnant you would be able to get an abortion in a drive through, Abortion and Planned Parenthood, hmmmm, must be an election year, lets get the rubes stirred up so they will vote against their own economic interests again. The horror!
You keep touting that economic self interest thing. Not everyone is tied Gov handouts and unions. Some people actually take pride in actually earning a living.

You keep touting that economic self interest thing. Not everyone is tied Gov handouts and unions. Some people actually take pride in actually earning a living.
Lol, believing everyone other than you is on the government dole probably fits all the puzzle pieces together quite conveniently for ya. The economic self interest thing I'm talking about would be corporate welfare. The pittance we spend on social programs doesn't make this "have" resent the "have nots" but defense contractor CEO pay does.

Lol, believing everyone other than you is on the government dole probably fits all the puzzle pieces together quite conveniently for ya. The economic self interest thing I'm talking about would be corporate welfare. The pittance we spend on social programs doesn't make this "have" resent the "have nots" but defense contractor CEO pay does.

I'm all in favor of ending all corporate subsidies, starting with green energy.

I don't believe that at all actually. How you gleaned that from my post is beyond my comprehension. Your post reads as if everyone who votes GOP is on the dole. I believe given the choice, most people would rather earn than have it handed to them. I believe given the choice most people would prefer to not be in a union than in one. I believe an employer can pay less people more than more people less. I believe people who vote GOP understand that arbitrary increases in minimum wage will actually kill jobs and increase those requiring hand outs. I believe people understand in the last 8 years we have shrunk the middle class.

I believe people who vote GOP understand that arbitrary increases in minimum wage will actually kill jobs and increase those requiring hand outs. I believe people understand in the last 8 years we have shrunk the middle class.

There have been a few places that have raised the minimum wage, and I believe in most instances, if not every one of them, that it actually increased jobs and the economy as a whole for that area. The thought being that people on minimum wage are barely making rent/utilities, so they have nothing left to go out and spend in the community at the mom and pop store down the street. Raising the minimum wage gives them a little more that ends up back in the local economy in those mom and pop stores, so they make more money and they have more to spend ... It's been awhile since I've read about it so I could be mistaken, but it makes sense.

People talk about prices skyrocketing, but I don't see it. Let's say the minimum wage goes up $2. How many people work at a McDonalds at a time that make minimum wage? 6? 8? So that McDonalds would have to make $12-$16/hr more to cover that. How many people do they serve in an hour? I'd be shocked if prices had to go up more than a quarter or so to cover that.

Smaller mom and pop places might be harder hit, but you could also base the wage on the number of employees. Like if you have less than 10 employees or whatever, then it's a different minimum

The majority of people that work at McDonalds and Walmart and the likes don't really make enough to fully support a family so they are still getting some kind of government assistance while the parent company keeps making record profits. To me, that seems like the government subsidizing the profits for the company. The company doesn't want to lower profits, so let the government give the employees the rest of what they need to survive and the company keeps the profits as they are.

If you go look at the history of the minimum wage, you'll see whole decades where it didn't change at all, so it has fallen way off and hasn't come close to keeping up with rising costs of living.

No doubt the middle class has shrunk in the last 8 years, but it's been shrinking for quite awhile also.

There have been a few places that have raised the minimum wage, and I believe in most instances, if not every one of them, that it actually increased jobs and the economy as a whole for that area. The thought being that people on minimum wage are barely making rent/utilities, so they have nothing left to go out and spend in the community at the mom and pop store down the street. Raising the minimum wage gives them a little more that ends up back in the local economy in those mom and pop stores, so they make more money and they have more to spend ... It's been awhile since I've read about it so I could be mistaken, but it makes sense.

People talk about prices skyrocketing, but I don't see it. Let's say the minimum wage goes up $2. How many people work at a McDonalds at a time that make minimum wage? 6? 8? So that McDonalds would have to make $12-$16/hr more to cover that. How many people do they serve in an hour? I'd be shocked if prices had to go up more than a quarter or so to cover that.

Smaller mom and pop places might be harder hit, but you could also base the wage on the number of employees. Like if you have less than 10 employees or whatever, then it's a different minimum

The majority of people that work at McDonalds and Walmart and the likes don't really make enough to fully support a family so they are still getting some kind of government assistance while the parent company keeps making record profits. To me, that seems like the government subsidizing the profits for the company. The company doesn't want to lower profits, so let the government give the employees the rest of what they need to survive and the company keeps the profits as they are.

If you go look at the history of the minimum wage, you'll see whole decades where it didn't change at all, so it has fallen way off and hasn't come close to keeping up with rising costs of living.

No doubt the middle class has shrunk in the last 8 years, but it's been shrinking for quite awhile also.
The stuff I have read says it creates artificial jobs by cutting hours from full time to part time and increasing employee base by cutting the benefits. Basically a corporation is not going to eat those shrinking margins. It does kill small business.

The thing with the increase of $5 it doesn't stay with that one group. What about the group that you thought was worth $5 more. Do you leave them at the same rate or increase their pay $5, or do you increase them to maintain the same % over as before. What about the next rung and on up the ladder?

Do you increase the one group at bottom? To keep peace throughout the organization, everyone has to have a pay increase to raise every level the same so that same % difference is maintained. Then you have to consider the fringe benefit and tax increase that is based on salary - maybe up to 50% more in cost.

There is a lot to consider in a salary increase, and first being whether the job is needed. Is there a cheaper way to handle it. Can you increase your price to offset, or do you eat it? Does it leave you with enough margin to make it worthwhile, or could you improve your lot by closing and take a job yourself?

Its not an election year moron.

The thing with the increase of $5 it doesn't stay with that one group. What about the group that you thought was worth $5 more. Do you leave them at the same rate or increase their pay $5, or do you increase them to maintain the same % over as before. What about the next rung and on up the ladder?

Do you increase the one group at bottom? To keep peace throughout the organization, everyone has to have a pay increase to raise every level the same so that same % difference is maintained. Then you have to consider the fringe benefit and tax increase that is based on salary - maybe up to 50% more in cost.

There is a lot to consider in a salary increase, and first being whether the job is needed. Is there a cheaper way to handle it. Can you increase your price to offset, or do you eat it? Does it leave you with enough margin to make it worthwhile, or could you improve your lot by closing and take a job yourself?

Plus, what people are seeing in Seattle is some of people who got the $15 per hour now want hours scaled back so they still qualify for federal benefits.

Plus, what people are seeing in Seattle is some of people who got the $15 per hour now want hours scaled back so they still qualify for federal benefits.
Another thing to point out is that the cost of living explodes anywhere the minimum wage is raised significantly. This hurts the middle class because their purchasing power is diminished.

The stuff I have read says it creates artificial jobs by cutting hours from full time to part time and increasing employee base by cutting the benefits. Basically a corporation is not going to eat those shrinking margins. It does kill small business.

And to be fair, this analysis regarding job creation and everything is relatively new. It's honestly premature to reach any conclusions regarding long-term effects.

ADVERTISEMENT