Taxcat

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
2011 Robert Griffin III - KSU beats Baylor 36-35
2003 Jason White - KSU beats Oklahoma 35-7 in the Big 12 Championship
2002 Carson Palmer - KSU beats USC 27-20 Beat them 2001 too 10-6
2001 Eric Crouch - KSU lost to Eric Crouch 31-21, but beats him in 2000 29-28
1998 Ricky Williams - KSU beats Texas 48-7
1994 Rashaan Salaam - KSU loses to Colorado 35-21 Can we count this? We were still in the building stage.

I like our track record. Geno can win the Heisman. We'll take the conference championship. Besides, Collin Klien doesn't care anyway. He just wants to win, baby!

Go Cats!

Uhh, Klein is the Heisman frontrunner currently. Whats WV's record against Heisman trophy winners?

Don't worry KSU fans, the wheels will fall off the bus before the season is over. Always does for KSU.

KSU loses a couple wheels this weekend.

Then they go on and lose the rest of them to either UT, OSU, or TCU.

Face it. You all beat OU, but don't act as if it wasn't gift wrapped for you.

Enjoy it, KSU should make the Cotton Bowl again.

Oh and thanks for beating OU. It seems you all have woke up the monster. At least for a couple of games.

There are no monsters in the Big 12 this year. I still think the conference champ has two losses when this is all done.

Don't fool yourself. There are a couple or a few monsters in this league. Its just if they have the attitude to become that monster.

And since losing to KSU OU has been completely dominate defensively and offensively. And looking like the team that many thought they were heading into the season.

Now, I just hope they keep it up every single week.

Face it. K-state may have just beat o-who straight up? Or is it to hard to swallow that a little blue collar football team from kansas came in and beat your "god" like sooner? Im not saying k-state is the biggest baddest team in the Big 12 but they do deserve a little bit of respect don't you think. I mean they did go to norman and beat an Mike stoops coached team that had a 2 weeks to prepare, and that never loses at home to a ranked opponent. How was it gift wrapped? o-who had 2 weeks to prepare? o-who was playing at home in front of 80k? Laundry's forward pass debacle? Don't act like the refs or o-who just handed the ball to k-state every time they had the ball.

Originally posted by OUSooners_75:

Good lord, if this just doesn't sum up a typical sooner fan, then I don't know what does.

I'm cool with you predicting the wheels to come off and pick us to lose a couple or three games and go to the cotton bowl. I understand you are pissed you lost to us at home and you have obvious insecurity issues being that you are on a WVU board talking shit on K-State.

But, the gift wrapping thing is laughable. You all had 2 weeks to prepare for that game and it was in Norman. Stop the lame ass excuses. You got beat by the better team in your own house. It's ok to say it. You even got a gift from the officials on the Landry Jones "forward pass" that ended up giving you 7 points and it's still didn't matter. And funny you say our wheels fall off... what has happened to your schooner wheels the last 5 BC$ bowls again? Go bug Texas fans about how great you are.

I disagree. I think that the conference has too many monsters. Other than Kansas, I think that every team would win the ACC and probably Big 10, as well. The SEC may be better at the very top, but no conference is as good as the Big 12 top to bottom.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Calvary454

Here's the deal. Show me where OU didn't giftwrap the game.

Hell the bell fumble by its self is the biggest example. He doesn't fumble the snap, OU scores 7. KSU loses by 2.

That fumble wasn't caused by KSU pressure or anything KSU did. It was all the center and bell.

Calvary454

Hell the bell fumble by its self is the biggest example. He doesn't fumble the snap, OU scores 7. KSU loses by 2.

That fumble wasn't caused by KSU pressure or anything KSU did. It was all the center and bell.
Yeah, you made a mistake that cost you 7 points. Big deal. You got a call ("forward pass") that gave you 7 points to balance it out. K-State made mistakes in that game too (dropped wide open pass on 3rd down anyone?) but that stuff happens in football. Winning is just as much about limiting mistakes as it is about making plays. Bottom line K-State went into your house when you had two weeks to prepare and won. Rationalize the loss however you want to make yourself feel better.

Yeah a forward pass. Most our passes aren't behind us. Those are called laterals.

Link me up to this "forward pass" you are talking about. Because frankly I don't think we ever threw anything behind us except for pitches.

And if your talking about that poor attempt of a shuffle pass. Yeah, that was aweful...but maybe you should rewatch the slow motion replay. They made the right call. But I think you won't acknowledge it.

The one where Landry fumbled the ball and it was ruled a "forward pass." But you disagree? That's fine. K-State still won anyways.

And you left one little thing out of your ground breaking analysis of our game: We had the ball to end the game with several minutes left on the clock. We chose to run out the clock instead of trying to score. Had we been down by two points like you suggest, all we had to do was get into field goal position to win. It wasn't some guaranteed victory for OU if not for that one single mistake that you apparently believe it is.

There's no logical way you can argue that the win was giftwrapped. The better team won. The scoreboard backs that up. You're just incapable of seeing it through your crimson glasses.

,No bro, you seem to have missed it completely.

OU mistakes directly effected the outcome of the game. KSU earned the win and I'm not taking anything away from that. But I wouldn't act as if KSU is goung to finish undefeated or the best team.

OU playes rather mistake free vs KSU. KSU doesn't have 17 points from those mistakes.

And one more homerific idea....

If they played again anywhere, OU wins.

KSU played a very good game. OU didn't. And frankly, I'm glad KSU beat OU.

It made the coaching staff make some changes. It made the kids understand they can't just walk out there and win just cause they have OU on their helmet. The players and coaches have got to earn each win.

So I'm hoping OU plays every game remaining as they did the last two.

If KSU doesn't lose. I hope they break the $EC streak!

Don't worry KSU fans, the wheels will fall off the bus before the season is over. Always does for KSU.

Oh and thanks for beating OU. It seems you all have woke up the monster. At least for a couple of games.
Scoreboard.. in your house.
This post was edited on 10/16 10:00 AM by gocats5611

KSU played a very good game. OU didn't. And frankly, I'm glad KSU beat OU.

Lol.. no you're not. Or you wouldn't be on a WVU board $hit-talking on KSU

Originally posted by Taxcat:
2011 Robert Griffin III - KSU beats Baylor 36-35
2003 Jason White - KSU beats Oklahoma 35-7 in the Big 12 Championship
2002 Carson Palmer - KSU beats USC 27-20 Beat them 2001 too 10-6
2001 Eric Crouch - KSU lost to Eric Crouch 31-21, but beats him in 2000 29-28
1998 Ricky Williams - KSU beats Texas 48-7
1994 Rashaan Salaam - KSU loses to Colorado 35-21 Can we count this? We were still in the building stage.

I like our track record. Geno can win the Heisman. We'll take the conference championship. Besides, Collin Klien doesn't care anyway. He just wants to win, baby!

Go Cats!
Geno doesn't care about the Heisman either. He says that all the time. All he cares about is winning as well. But Geno has not won the Heisman, so the factoid that you posted could be moot. There is still a LONG way to go before the Heisman ceremony. And Geno has no control over WVU's defense which could eventually cost him the Heisman.

Gokittens5611...

I have been frequenting this WVU site for over a year. Well before they got into the Big 12.

And as far as talking shit on KSU....don't be thin skinned! KSU is not that great of a team and Saturday will prove it.

Gokittens5611...

I have been frequenting this WVU site for over a year. Well before they got into the Big 12.

And as far as talking shit on KSU....don't be thin skinned! KSU is not that great of a team and Saturday will prove it.
I don't know about this Saturday OUSooners. We have a ton of injuries (especially on defense which is already beat up & thin) & are limping into this game. Unless Geno has the best game of his career (including the Baylor game) I don't think WVU can win this game.

OUSooners_75 I think you meant to say not that talented of a team. Looking at the Rivals Ratings coming out of HS - this very well may be true. But isn't a great team one which plays up to the talent of the personnel. I believe K-State plays very close to their talent level which I believe makes their loyal followers proud. Where will it go - who knows, but you know it won't be better than 12-0 or worse than 6-6. Fact still remains on the day KSU was scheduled to play OU - KSU won (against a more talented team).

Clown alert. Every game we win is gift wrapped for us. And you're welcome, we too enjoyed beating you.

Calvary454

OU gift wrapped the game for us when their Defensive Coordinator continually had the wrong lineup in on our 5 WR sets and had to blow 2 timeouts to figure out what the hell the Wizard was doing. And after the timeouts? Continuous 3rd and 10+ yard conversions. Boom roasted. We beat your ass in every phase, and Gooner brings up the Fail Dozer. You suck at life.

Okay I got to admit, I went fishing and caught some big ones.

Though I do think OU had some very big mistakes that led to the loss. Those things happen in games. I do feel KSU is a very good team. And I don't see KSU going undefeated.

That said, Good luck the rest of the year KSU fans. I just can't do the trolling thing very long or very good.

"Then they go on and lose the rest of them to either UT, OSU, or TCU."

K-State is 6-2 against UT

A very typical response to a typical KSU win. Lest you forget simple Okie that nearly your entire staff mentored at the footstool of the great master BIll Snyder. OU has many five star recruits and STILL gets schooled by KSU at home. How many tems take superior talent to a football game with HCBS and he patienly waits until your undercoached undisciplined premadonnas beat themselves and then lack the decency to take their medicine like men.

Actually OU doesn't have very many 5 stars on their roster. Metoyer is about all I can recall right off the top of my head.

Bill Snyder is a very good coach, and any team that takes one of his teams lightly will most definitely lose.

OU didn't take them lightly. They just failed to execute on a few plays and it cost them.

But do yourself a favor and try to be humble in a win as well. KSU doent beat OU very often, that I understand. So don't sit there and think KSU was clearly the better team. They were for about 3 plays.

KSU may be undefeated as of right now. But when they do lose (and they will), it will knock them out of a national championship picture.

Whereas OU wins out, they are staring deeply into the national picture. Which is weird to be honest.

Now, would it piss you KSU fans off if you all only lose one game, win the Big 12 tiebreaker, while Ou wins a national championship?

Hyperbolically speaking of course.

I'm So glad I found this thread!! I needed a good laugh today! I wondered how long it would take before the OU excuse machine would come up with some cute pet names for their shame!.... "gift wrapped" huh? Cute! LOL I like it! What do you think Wildcat Fans? Shall we go with that one? How bout next week when we are all the biggest OU fans alive as they are laying a whipping on ND for us we write Sooner Nation a big thank you note and say:
"Thank you Bobby and Team for blocking out front for us just like Bill taught you! We
appreciate you for getting ND out of the way for us! That was mighty pretty gift wrapping!
P.S. The bow you added (making our strength of schedule go up) was a nice touch too!

So let me see if I have this straight... In a nutshell you are saying if Bell didn't fumble and if (xyx, etc etc... you fill in the blanks with one of several sloppy football errors of your choice) didn't happen you win the game, right? Ummm, yeah! DUH! If you weren't on the field facing a superior football team scaring the crap out of your QB and causing those errors and an offense running all over your D, carrying out a perfectly crafted game plan.... Yes you would have won the game. But you didn't, because we created the things that happened on both sides of the ball! Bobby and Mike basically said exactly that in the post game presser -- re-play it! So if you still want to say that game was GIFT WRAPPED, so be it. WE picked out the wrapping paper (shiny purple foil), brought it with us, spread it all over your turf, rubbed your nose in it all 4 quarters, and stood up and said, now wrap it up nicely for us boys we're ready to head home and tucked and ran with the victory present!

Sound pretty cocky? Sadly yes! Unfortunately it seems that's the only language you speak! We aren't like that unless disrespected first. You have beat us plenty, hands down. No disrespecting that or taking it away --- however what you can't seem to accept is that the past doesn't remove the here and NOW. Comments like those above about our game with you and about us in general on this thread speak to the fact that many OU fans continue to live in the past and to talk trash even in defeat.That is one thing K-State fans don't do! WE KNOW our record PAST and PRESENT. We know when were were awful and when we weren't. When we were just descent and rebuilding. If you won you won. If you whipped us outright you did. Your fan base would earn a lot of respect that the victories of your team has earned them if you acted the same! However If you choose to stay in denial and make excuses for out right loses and talk to those who beat you outright don't be surprised when your reputation as sore losers continues to grow and people as usually humble as us workhorse K-State fans don't fire up and take a page out of your cocky book and throw it right back at you as I did here! You own it!

Yes you seem to be rolling now! Never doubted for a second you would! And I mean that with earned respect! But like you said. This IS the Big12 so who knows! It certainly is week to week! Any team could lose any week. K-State could lose every game left on our schedule... and so could you! I highly doubt we will, nor that you will either. And yes, in part you DO have us to thank for your roll!! We certainly don't expect a thank you... but you definitely got punched in the mouth by us HARD and you felt it for days! You can call it what you want, you can try to "re-name" it to fool yourselves! We delivered it, the nation saw it, you felt it and the football worlds KNOWS Sooner Nation knows EXACTLY what it was.... A good old fashioned home field LOSS!!.... There was certainly NO pretty wrapping paper picked out and placed on that ass whipping by you! I'm telling you.... our boys knew in their hearts what they were going there to deliver....you never saw it coming!

I love a loquacious woman-- especially when she's talking K-State football!

Well said, sister!

Will Sooner fan come here today and tell us we should send a thank you card to Geno Smith for "giving" his first two interceptions of the year to us last night?

Did Sooner fan ever actually play football? Did he ever play center, specifically, or quarterback (lol)? I played center and alwo left tackle on both sides of the ball. If that bad-ass nose guard or tackle or blitzing linebacker hits you hard enough, enough times, it definitely begins to affect your hike. That's why I got moved to tackle, lol. The center is a squatting duck whose most important field of vision is behind him while three guys are simultaneously trying to rip his head off. I never played QB but I've seen some merciless hits and enough of those are going to affect handoffs.

Landry Jones was going into the fetal position and dropping to the ground to avoid being hit in that game, fool. What do you think the guy between him and the guys coming for him was feeling? Arthur Brown? Seriously?

Idiot Sooner fan is idiot.

Good teams have good turnover margins. Period.

I know its hard for you retarded KSU fans to understand. You all are use to failure. You are use to mediocrity. And when you do put together a decent season you all wannt to think you're better than what you really are.

That said, yes I played college football. Currently coach the sport.

That said, if you tools can't see that OU "gift wrapped" the game with 3 costly mistakes. One of which was caused solely by the KSU defense. Gthe other two caused by butter fingers and happy feet.

If you tools cannot understand that those three mistakes directly resulted in 17 of your 24 points....that's not on me.

I know you KSU fans are completely oblivious to football. That's the reason when Snyder isn't on the sidelines no one shows up to the games.

In fact, you KSU fans are all fair weather fans. So much so, when the football season is over, you don KU garb for basketball!

So call me an idiot til your hearts content. The fact is, you all got very lucky OU shot themselves in the foot.

LOL!! Touche' .... and thank you!

I'll talk football humbly with anyone and give their team props when earned! What I won't tolerate is the absolute stupidity of another OU fan's entitlement attitude thrust in my face without saying anything and in the same brazen manner just how ridiculous the sound with a loss to us on their record that they STILL can't swallow. I grew up just south of the Neb border in the in the 70's and early 80's.... jeezus I thought Husker Nation was bad!

We donn KU basketball garb?? Really?? LOL Is THAT why we sell out 13,500 seats at Bramledge Coliseum and make the NCAA basketball tournament every year and usually start each season ranked pretty high? Are you aware we beat KU twice in the past 4 seasons? Great? Nope! But when is the last time OU beat them?.... Let's just remember who brought up basketball!!

Oh little OU wanna be Jr football program coach, you don't want to talk K-State basketball with us.... or basketball in general because we would have to start with.... "Boy's this round thing is a basketball." I can see we got you a little riled though... Upset that OU is a one sport wonder school? OR is it that the truth came out about our punch in your mouth? I don't know why you are upset about that! Like I already said, the rest of the nation saw it live! It's you that needs to get out of denial and stop trying to fancy it up with pretty bows and gift wrap... but seriously, like I said.... pet names are fine if your fragile ego can't handle the truth... we will baby you along!

Originally posted by cattfan66:
LOL!! Touche' .... and thank you!

I'll talk football humbly with anyone and give their team props when earned! What I won't tolerate is the absolute stupidity of another OU fan's entitlement attitude thrust in my face without saying anything and in the same brazen manner just how ridiculous the sound with a loss to us on their record that they STILL can't swallow. I grew up just south of the Neb border in the in the 70's and early 80's.... jeezus I thought Husker Nation was bad!
I went to K-State myself in the late 70s and early 80s when OU AND NU were regularly putting the 50 point beat downs on us in football. I never missed a football game. Bought my student season ticket when I went through the enrollment line and paid tuition every fall.

Our basketball teams were great under Jack Hartman though, yet I never saw a game in Ahearn Fieldhouse. You had to camp out for those tickets but I just don't dig the basketball thing like I do football. Yeah, fair weather fan, that's me. Whatever.

OU fan is a coach he says. That's a scary thought. No wonder little Okies are so twisted. On one side there's North Texas. On the other there's Pop Warner leagues coached by experts like this guy.

I can't even imagine what the world must look like through eyes like that.

you know the funniest thing is....I coach high school. Used to do so in Kansas for 6 years. I saw the "KSU fans" change to Jayhawkers for basketball.

Pop warner would be fun, but I don't think I could handle the headache of dealing with little kids and their parents.

Anyway, good luck the rest of the way. I. Just wish I could be as delusional as the KSU fans.

This post was edited on 10/23 5:21 AM by OUSooners_75

I know its hard for you retarded KSU fans to understand. You all are use to failure. You are use to mediocrity. And when you do put together a decent season you all wannt to think you're better than what you really are.

That said, yes I played college football. Currently coach the sport.

That said, if you tools can't see that OU "gift wrapped" the game with 3 costly mistakes. One of which was caused solely by the KSU defense. Gthe other two caused by butter fingers and happy feet.

If you tools cannot understand that those three mistakes directly resulted in 17 of your 24 points....that's not on me.

I know you KSU fans are completely oblivious to football. That's the reason when Snyder isn't on the sidelines no one shows up to the games.

In fact, you KSU fans are all fair weather fans. So much so, when the football season is over, you don KU garb for basketball!

So call me an idiot til your hearts content. The fact is, you all got very lucky OU shot themselves in the foot.
Good God man, could you be any more stupid sounding? K-State fans becoming KU fans? Seriously man, you really have no credibility after that hooey.

scatfu, for what it's worth...

I really like those old-style Wildcat drawings under your username and at the bottom of your posts. Love it, somehow the purple pen-and-ink just makes the whole thing.

Scatfu,

Living in McPherson for the better part of two decades, before moving back to Oklahoma, I saw it a bunch. There were KSU football fans. Then those same people would don KU basketball garb claiming to be fans of KU.

It wasn't just 1 or 2. It seemed to be a lot more than one would figure.

I grew up in Northern Oklahoma. I thought the fairweather fans there were bad til moving to central Kansas.

That said, I also came across diehard KSU fans for all sports. Same for KU. So its not like all are flippers.

I know I've rubbed you KSU fans the wrong way. But I'm curious in what you all think you'll do this weekend.

Do you honestly think KSU will run the table?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT