ADVERTISEMENT

K-State fans- What do you guys look like next year?

Following recruiting at K-State is frustrating to follow. Every year it seems like K-State has a terrible class, and we are all worried. Then every year bill snyder turns those kids who everybody calls "nobodies" and turns them into superstars some how haha.

Daniel Sams is currently the expected replacement next year. But K-State has been hitting up JUCO QB's so that is still a question mark. K-State returns our starting HB Hubert next year, and pretty much the entire offensive line, as well as Tramaine Thompson and Tyler Lockett at WR.

The defense is in a lot of trouble. 9 starters are seniors including All-American's Arthur Brown, and Nigel Malone. But they do return Tre Walker and Ty Zimmerman. Everything else is a question mark. DE Ryan Mueller has played a lot this season, and has looked good.But other than that, everything is a question mark.

Originally posted by Big12Mountaineer:
How's recruiting going and who will be replacement for Klein?
Recruiting isn't that great, but we still have a pretty young team and will return some pretty decent players. Our O-Line is very young and one of the best in the conference and we will return Hubert so we should be pretty good at running the ball. Daniel Sams will replace Collin and is an explosive runner. If you haven't seen him running the ball this year look him up. He hasn't attempted a pass yet this year so the jury is out on him throwing the ball, but he does have a better arm than Collin.

Defensively we lose a lot more than offensively. Biggest question mark next year will be at the linebacker position losing both Tuggle and Brown. We will return Tre Walker who is a beast, but there will be some big shoes to fill in those other 2 slots. D-Line is always a question mark for us, but if we can get a couple kids qualified we should be pretty solid up front. Our secondary is in its rebuilding year this year. We will lose Malone (our best corner) but return everyone else who has been playing significant minutes. They have some speed and athleticism and should only get better with experience.

I don't know how much other teams are losing, but we should be pretty solid for the next few years. We will take a step or 2 back from this year, but will still be a solid 8-9 win team imo.

Is the kind who played at Tennessee originally from Kansas still a RB? He was like the #1 recruit in America 3 years ago.

When Kiffin left he came home or was already going to regardless of UTenn coaching change.

Brown I think was his last name.

Our recruiting always looks bad since Snyder seems to care more about spending the time coaching his players up as opposed to hitting the recruiting trail hard. I have stopped caring about his recruiting since seeing the inverse relationship between recruiting rankings and wins first hand. His "best" recruiting classes in his first tenure delivered the worst results. Having said that, our replacement for Klein is a RS FR named Daniel Sams. He is an athletic freak and has scored a lot of rushing touchdowns this year, so he can run the run portion of the position extremely well. The scary thing is he has not attempted a pass yet so the jury is still out on his passing ability. I don't have many concerns with that because most of Snyder's athletic qb's in the past started out as terrible passers and became decent to great passers by the time they were done. We did beat Texas a few years ago when Klein was a sophomore by attempting (off of memory so probably inaccurate) two passes in the entire game. I think our overall offense will be very good as our OL is young and extremely tallented and we have some pretty good young receivers and our RB returns. I am flat out terrified about our defense though. We lose a lot on D including our heart and soul Arthur Brown and I don't know that we have an adequate replacement for him. We may have to win games the way WV is winning them this year by hoping we have the ball last.

Is the kind who played at Tennessee originally from Kansas still a RB? He was like the #1 recruit in America 3 years ago.

When Kiffin left he came home or was already going to regardless of UTenn coaching change.

Bryce Brown never did anything at K-State he quit the team like 3 games in in his only year he could play, he is currently on the Eagles roster (14 carries for 47 yards)

You are talking about Bryce Brown. He carried three times last year, got beat out by Hubert and quit the team. He declared for the NFL Draft and the Eagles took him in the 6th round or something like that. He's the backup to McCoy in Philly now.

you can find him suiting up for the Philadelphia eagles now..

next year doesn't seem to have the "magic" building up that this year had... but a dominant offensive line coupled with hubert should keep up competitive.... question marks at DL, LB, and CB should hold us back... of course, the last time we had so many questions was 2011, where we won 10 and finished 2nd in the big12....

It looks like the big12 may be a little down next year (we say this every year though)... so, if some impact juco defenders can be found, then K-State should maintain status as a contender.... if they can't be found, then a 7 or 8 win season starts looking more likely
This post was edited on 10/8 12:30 PM by ARM58

The biggest and I mean BIGGEST unknown for KSU is when will Bill Snyder retire. He was 73 Sunday and is as sharp as ever. Main rumor is that he wants his son Sean to take over but that is speculation. Most fans seems wary of that idea. I think it will be very very hard to maintain the level of success we have had under Snyder. Schools like Notre Dame, UCLA, Nebr etc who have huge budgets and reputations have had a hard time replacing past coaches. It will be harder for KSU.

FWIW - Our Backup QB (Daniel Sams) had 3 touchdowns on his first 6 rushing attempts. Two of them were against Miami with one going for 21 yards and the first game of the year he had One touchdown run for 46 yards. He is averaging 9.6 yards a carry this year and is extremely quick at change of direction. He was less than 3 yards from 4 defenders in last weeks game and was about to be taken for a 5 yard loss and turned it into a 12 yard gain. He makes everyone else look like they are standing still and has a 4.33 40 time out of high school.

Daniel Sams

KSU recruiting will come back to bite them when the Great Bill Snyder leaves again.

I like seeing them as a contender, and hope they find another great coach when he retires.

Can't have both Kansas schools suck.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by cappergeek:
KSU recruiting will come back to bite them when the Great Bill Snyder leaves again.

I like seeing them as a contender, and hope they find another great coach when he retires.

Can't have both Kansas schools suck.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
This time KState will make a bigger higher than a Ron Prince.

It doesn't have to be a big hire. Just the right hire.

I wouldn't be so quick to say the Big 12 will be down next year. Oklahoma and West Virginia may take a step back at quarterback. Texas and Oklahoma State are very young though, and Kansas State will be fine as long as Snyder is there and there's no rules against recruiting JUCO's. There's too many programs in good shape in this conference right now for it to take a big step backwards any time soon. I am a little worried about the overall shape of the program at TCU and Kansas needs to get it's read in gear, but all of the other programs are as healthy, or more so, as they've ever been.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT