ADVERTISEMENT

John Antonik: Garin Justice recalls playing days

43rd Parallel

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
AN EXCERPT:

"The odd stack was probably more innovative than the spread offense was at the time,” admitted Justice. “We did the roll, rugby punt and nobody else was doing that so there were a lot of things that people had to prepare for when you played us, and that’s a sign of good coaching.”

LINK

Reactions: pressvirginia
Great to see this article. I recall a lot of the lobbying on this board when Garin was offered a scholarship as new head coach Rich Rod and his new staff were considering pulling it back.

It is nice to hard work pay off, not just in college but in setting Garin up for his career.

Lgm!!

Reactions: 43rd Parallel
Great to see this article. I recall a lot of the lobbying on this board when Garin was offered a scholarship as new head coach Rich Rod and his new staff were considering pulling it back.

It is nice to hard work pay off, not just in college but in setting Garin up for his career.

Lgm!!

Yes! "This"!!!

AN EXCERPT:

"The odd stack was probably more innovative than the spread offense was at the time,” admitted Justice. “We did the roll, rugby punt and nobody else was doing that so there were a lot of things that people had to prepare for when you played us, and that’s a sign of good coaching.”

LINK

happy for Justice. I spent a year & a half at both Concord & WVU & can appreciate fully what he's done at both.

he's absolutely right. the 3-3-5 plus the zone-read run heavy spread both pronounced our strenghts & hid depth/talent shortcomings. the assets dually made WVU a lethal contender to reckon with as it was different than most all its opponents. it's been these ingredients that WV athletics has experienced its greatest success both football & basketball.

& with no doubt, as Garin says, it's the sign of good coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT