ADVERTISEMENT

It's Going to be Fun Watching You Make Excuses for HoGo This Year *

I think they'll turn on him early! Most of the Cousins that hoped up on the Kool Aid realise that he leaves much to be desired on and off the field! I think the "HOGO must go" banners will be circling the field by October at the latest.

I think they'll turn on him early! Most of the Cousins that hoped up on the Kool Aid realise that he leaves much to be desired on and off the field! I think the "HOGO must go" banners will be circling the field by October at the latest.
I wonder why it's taking wvu fans so long to wake up and smell the coffee.

The guy should back up to the pay window to receive his excessive and unearned inflated pay check! The Cousins ar being robbed blind...but they'll overpay the next guy as well and see it as a point of pride! Hard bunch to figure at times!

Reactions: Humptod
I will re-inform you of a fact you're fully aware of; WVU plays teams with a bunch of future professional football players on the other side of the ball as well(unlike Marshall opponents). Winning comes in waves for most teams, and WVU has beaten some really good teams in the recent past. There are exceptions (the elite SEC teams seem to recruit very well with 4/5 star players everywhere)... Look at teams that have had down years (USC, Mich, UCLA, Tenn, Florida, Texas, Nebraska, etc, and they weren't moving up in competition) There are only a handful of teams that have recruited at that level for years. Even they will have future down years. Contrary to your wishes, WVU is on an Uptick...

An upgrade in weekly competition has definitely taken its toll on our record. Located in a not so fertile recruiting state gives us a disadvantage as well. Can you imagine how battered and bruised a Marshall team would be midway through our schedule? You'd have to be starting true freshmen at numerous spots by year's end.

Comparing the schedule Marshall chooses to play versus the gauntlet WVU has to go through every year, is sort of a silly comparison... There's that word again, "silly". Even our "Big Least" schedule was exponentially tougher than Marshall's schedule ever has been. Apples to Car Batteries comparison.

Are we going to have an equally easy road to the top of our conference as we did in our prior conference? Nope. But, that's why you move up... Better teams, better competition, ultimately makes you better. Besides, I love seeing teams like Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, Baylor, TCU, etc line up against the Flagship... You'd rather stay healthy and take your shots against W. Ky, Ohio, Rhode Island, Old Dominion, UNCCharlotte, FAU, FIU. Take a lesson from your other idol, Boise St....... Get in the game.

Our Georgia Southern opening game would be the toughest team on your entire schedule. Think about that when you're desperately trying to compare programs.

I will re-inform you of a fact you're fully aware of; WVU plays teams with a bunch of future professional football players on the other side of the ball as well(unlike Marshall opponents). Winning comes in waves for most teams, and WVU has beaten some really good teams in the recent past. There are exceptions (the elite SEC teams seem to recruit very well with 4/5 star players everywhere)... Look at teams that have had down years (USC, Mich, UCLA, Tenn, Florida, Texas, Nebraska, etc, and they weren't moving up in competition) There are only a handful of teams that have recruited at that level for years. Even they will have future down years. Contrary to your wishes, WVU is on an Uptick...

An upgrade in weekly competition has definitely taken its toll on our record. Located in a not so fertile recruiting state gives us a disadvantage as well. Can you imagine how battered and bruised a Marshall team would be midway through our schedule? You'd have to be starting true freshmen at numerous spots by year's end.

Comparing the schedule Marshall chooses to play versus the gauntlet WVU has to go through every year, is sort of a silly comparison... There's that word again, "silly". Even our "Big Least" schedule was exponentially tougher than Marshall's schedule ever has been. Apples to Car Batteries comparison.

Are we going to have an equally easy road to the top of our conference as we did in our prior conference? Nope. But, that's why you move up... Better teams, better competition, ultimately makes you better. Besides, I love seeing teams like Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, Baylor, TCU, etc line up against the Flagship... You'd rather stay healthy and take your shots against Take a lesson from your other idol, Boise St....... Get in the game.

Our Georgia Southern opening game would be the toughest team on your entire schedule. Think about that when you're desperately trying to compare programs.

So you are saying the Georgia Southern Bald Eagles are better than W. Ky, Ohio, Rhode Island, Old Dominion, UNC Charlotte, FAU, FIU.

Are we going to have an equally easy road to the top of our conference as we did in our prior conference? Nope. But, that's why you move up... Better teams, better competition, ultimately makes you better. Besides, I love seeing teams like Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, Baylor, TCU, etc line up against the Flagship... You'd rather stay healthy and take your shots against W. Ky, Ohio, Rhode Island, Old Dominion, UNCCharlotte, FAU, FIU. Take a lesson from your other idol, Boise St....... Get in the game.

You obviously have your excuses for HoGo well rehearsed. Bravo!

Couch can attempt to deflect the criticism all he wants with the " WVU plays a tougher schedule than MU" diatribes...but it won't work! Make or break for HOGO in 2015!

Couch can attempt to deflect the criticism all he wants with the " WVU plays a tougher schedule than MU" diatribes...but it won't work! Make or break for HOGO in 2015!
Is he saying wvu is inferior to their opponents? That's some argument. Lol
HoGo laughing all the way to the bank, just like RichRod. Lol

You got that right! Although I'd argue that RichRod was much more deserving of the pay than HOGO is.

You got that right! Although I'd argue that RichRod was much more deserving of the pay than HOGO is.

Since you suddenly are enamored with Rich (quite opposite of your opinion when the man was WVU's head coach) l figured it might be interesting to compare Dana & Rich... I mean, you indicated that Rich deserved a raise heading into his 5th season and Dana should be fired so obviously we should expect to see much better numbers for Rich, right?

(replacing Bill Stewart, last season 9-4) Dana 28-23 (1-2 in bowls, 1 losing season) after 4 seasons (11, 12, 13, 14) -- vs ranked teams 6-10, 1 co-champ of BE, 26 wks ranked

(replacing Don Nehlen last season 7-5) Rich 28-21 (0-3 in bowls, 1 losing season) after 4 seasons (01, 02, 03, 04) -- vs ranked teams 5-10, 2 co-champs of BE, 21 wks ranked

LInks used for records and rankings:
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/west-virginia/
http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/active/w/west_virginia/index.php

Reactions: countryroads89
Mammal, they don't deal real well with stats, facts, 0-12's, 128th SOS, financial stability of programs comparisons, fan support differences, name recognition, national exposure, relevance, facilities, academic differences.....et al.

Landon even called them out for (in his opinion) purposefully(they try to believe it's Louisville's fault) scheduling patsies so people will come to see a "win" sans W. Kentucky. He even stated in the article NO POLL TOOK MARSHALL SERIOUSLY LAST YEAR... I've been saying that since 2012... and their "ranking" was gratuitous at best and dubious at minimum.

I've seen my dog look less confused than Marshall fans looking at reality.

ADVERTISEMENT