ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting exercise in decision making and cofirmation bias

I got it right but partly because considering the context in which the question was asked I figured that simply doubling each previous number seemed too obvious. It gave us that 2,4,8 was true. I tried 1,2,4 and it said yes. I tried 4,8,16 and it said yes. Then I tried 2,4,9 and it said yes. Then I tried 100, 1000, 1001 and it said yes.

I don't know why they used this for an example of confirmation bias though. I think there are lots better out there.

I got it right but partly because considering the context in which the question was asked I figured that simply doubling each previous number seemed too obvious. It gave us that 2,4,8 was true. I tried 1,2,4 and it said yes. I tried 4,8,16 and it said yes. Then I tried 2,4,9 and it said yes. Then I tried 100, 1000, 1001 and it said yes.

I don't know why they used this for an example of confirmation bias though. I think there are lots better out there.

I did 1,2,4 then 4,8,16 then 3,6,12 essentially only trying the things that fit what I already thought it was. In my head, if was as simple as I thought it was, then the 3,6,12 would work, but if it was more complicated it wouldn't. Didn't really occur to me that it would be even SIMPLER than that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT