shortgapwvu

All-American
Gold Member
May 16, 2008
Fort Ashby, WV
White, Glowinski, Alford, Riddick = drafted

Spain and D. Smith = FA signings

Conclusion ?

WVU's 4th string running back drew more attention and praise from professional scouts than Marshall's world beater QB.

It really shows the respect that people outside of Huntington think of your football program and it's lack of competition. This is just one small link in the eventual disappearance of the Marshall football program. Feel free to update me if Cato ever does make it to a squad.

Conclusion ?

WVU's 4th string running back drew more attention and praise from professional scouts than Marshall's world beater QB.

It really shows the respect that people outside of Huntington think of your football program and it's lack of competition. This is just one small link in the eventual disappearance of the Marshall football program. Feel free to update me if Cato ever does make it to a squad.
Brutal!

Conclusion ?

With the enormous amount of NFL talent wvu possesses, I wonder why you can't win your conference. It has to be your coach. If Doc can take a bunch of average Joes and finish in the Top 25, wvu should be able to do the same.

With the enormous amount of NFL talent wvu possesses, I wonder why you can't win your conference. It has to be your coach. If Doc can take a bunch of average Joes and finish in the Top 25, wvu should be able to do the same.
If only we played a full DIAA-quality schedule, like the pussies at Marshall...

AGAIN, It's better to BE a Top 25 team than to simply PLAY a Top 25 team.

Well, considering that we play other teams who also have NFL talent, there is a certain level of challenge and competition. ....... nevermind, you wouldn't understand. Sorry.

The point, and raw reality is, WVU has a Chance to play and compete for a National Championship. Currently, only 4 teams can do so every year. Teams like Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, Oklahoma, TX, Florida, etc... all sat home with WVU and watched. The difference comes when you Don't have a chance. When you will always be home watching without even an opportunity to compete. That's where Marshall finds itself. They will never have an opportunity to finish in the top 4, or top 8 if they expand the field, because their body of work will never allow that. What gives Marshall faithful the most angst, is the fact that they find themselves in a forced D1AA situation again. The only slim hope Marshall has at competing in any meaningful way, is to go on the road, play top P5 schools, win those games, and then take your chances. But, we all know that will never happen, given it's philosophy in scheduling competitive teams.

I guess I'd rather have an opportunity and fail (Like every P5 school every year, with the exception of 4) than to never get an opportunity. It's all about who you play and who you beat. Marshall plays no one of consequence and beats no one of consequence. On the occasion that you do play someone of consequence.... you lose. Sometimes, twelve times in a row.

AGAIN, It's better to BE a Top 25 team than to simply PLAY a Top 25 team.
Since marshall doesnt play any top 25 teams of course you would say that.

Its better to know you can beat top 25 teams than to be ranked simply on beating nobody.

Since marshall doesnt play any top 25 teams of course you would say that.

Its better to know you can beat top 25 teams than to be ranked simply on beating nobody.
Play a top 25 team? Are you serious? How would they go undefeated... I mean, how would they keep from losing more than 2 games if they did that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT