ADVERTISEMENT

I'm looking for a good sweet wing sauce.

JLW71073

All-Conference
Aug 7, 2003
Anyone have a good recipe?

I have my sauce for classic buffalo sauce but the kids and some of the ladies like something less hot.

Reactions: pacs life
Do you marinade the wings in the sauce then cook or cook wings then toss ?

Update...

I forgot to look at the store for the sauce you recommended. I was luck and found a bottle of Frank's Sweet Chili sauce in the cupboard (I love cupboards for this reason). I also have tucked away in the back of the spice cabinet a dry drilling rub (kind of an all-purpose).

I washed and dried the wings, coated both sides heavily with the dry rub. Then used a 1/2 stick of butter in with the sauce and simmered for a little while. I did this for the Frank's Red Hot sauce too.

For throwing together at the last minute they turned out fantastic. The one guest who doesn't like wings loved them.

Funny how sometimes the best things come out of just throwing stuff together and improvising.

It would if you are I the mood for teriyaki. I always have dehydrated and ground ghost pepper flakes on hand to add heat. When we make these, people gravitate to the teriyaki over the buffalo 2-1.

Add a couple tablespoons of brown sugar to a base buffalo sauce- red hot,butter, garlic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT