ADVERTISEMENT

If you don't like the scientific findings, make up new ones

Random drive by or on the heels of something?

There's a link on the text.

NOAA is weighting particular buoys higher and other's lower to get rid of the 15 year global warming hiatus that never occurred.

Same principles they used for temperatures from 50+ years ago.

NOAA is weighting particular buoys higher and other's lower to get rid of the 15 year global warming hiatus that never occurred.

Isn't it great how computer simulations work? Garbage in/Garbage out. The religion of Man Made Climate Change is just as radical as any other religion can be and just as dangerous...

Lol, I quit worrying about the deniers, Our Defense department isn't waiting on Idiot Inhofe to start preparing.

Lol, I quit worrying about the deniers, Our Defense department isn't waiting on Idiot Inhofe to start preparing.

I quit worrying about lemmings like you who believe everything your government tells you. I think all of us believe in Climate Change. It has been happening since the world started spinning. We just don't believe in man made climate change which is nothing more than a way for the government to control every aspect of your life and your money. If you haven't figured that out by now you never will.

Reactions: mtneerinraleigh
Yes, when the Defense Department is proceeding under the assumption that climate change is happening and is planning accordingly then I think we can safely conclude that it's no longer just fringe tree huggers buying into it.

Another group is insurance companies. They too are making rates, etc on the basis that it's happening. Insurance companies make their living by assessing reality. The better they assess reality the more money they make. If climate change isn't happening and the insurance companies are wrong then anyone is free to start their own insurance companies and beat the other insurance companies at their own game.

Yes, when the Defense Department is proceeding under the assumption that climate change is happening and is planning accordingly then I think we can safely conclude that it's no longer just fringe tree huggers buying into it.

Another group is insurance companies. They too are making rates, etc on the basis that it's happening. Insurance companies make their living by assessing reality. The better they assess reality the more money they make. If climate change isn't happening and the insurance companies are wrong then anyone is free to start their own insurance companies and beat the other insurance companies at their own game.

The Defense Department is run by Obama for goodness sake. They will follow his orders and he is a religious zealot and has lied about global warming for years now. If you want, I can post some of his lies.

"The Defense Department is run by Obama" Lol, and they will just do whatever he says? How bout the Pope? Obama order him around too?

"The Defense Department is run by Obama" Lol, and they will just do whatever he says? How bout the Pope? Obama order him around too?

You have heard about "Commander in Chief", right? What do you think that means? Apparently you're clueless about how our military works just like most libs.

The Pope is opposed to gay marriage and abortion. Do you agree with the Pope's positions?

The Defense Department is run by Obama for goodness sake. They will follow his orders and he is a religious zealot and has lied about global warming for years now. If you want, I can post some of his lies.

What about the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change)? They are represented by 195 countries. Oops, there goes your NOAA and NASA conspiracy theory.

What about the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change)? They are represented by 195 countries. Oops, there goes your NOAA and NASA conspiracy theory.

The NOAA is currently under investigation for manipulating climate data. The IPCC are religious zealots. I trust empirical evidence. The climate has not warmed in over 18 years. The climate models used to predict global warming have ALL been wrong. I am not willing to put the US economy at risk until we know much more than we know today.

When have you not known the DOD to not be willing to spend another dollar?

They've been doing this for longer than Obama has been in office.

Is this a serious response? The DOD is a political organization and part of the executive branch. Why are you politics deniers ifnoring the obvious.

Politics deniers and liberals now look to pope for scientific truth. Ive seen it all.

I quit worrying about lemmings like you who believe everything your government tells you. I think all of us believe in Climate Change. It has been happening since the world started spinning. We just don't believe in man made climate change which is nothing more than a way for the government to control every aspect of your life and your money. If you haven't figured that out by now you never will.

There's never been a more corrupt vehicle than politics and governance. As deplorable as "religion" has been throughout history, it has nothing on government. It has slaughtered even more than religion has and it's just getting warmed up.

Yes .............. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!

Is this a serious response? The DOD is a political organization and part of the executive branch. Why are you politics deniers ifnoring the obvious.
The DoD is a political organization? WTF? I had no idea! Which positions get elected? Lol. Do you know what all falls under the Department of Defense?

You forgot both Exxon and BP as well.

The link didn't work for me.

Is it definitive that this is the motivation behind the weightings? Could there be any other reason to do this that isn't so nefarious? Perhaps malfunctions that would make some less reliable than others, or some other data correlation related to some buoys and not others that would indicate an issue?

It's a government organization, so they could be corrupt, but as somebody that has spent over 20 years as an engineer/scientist with/for various government organizations (including developing simulation tools), I have NEVER come across an instance where anybody wanted anything other than valid data from engineers/scientists.

Much study has been devoted to the possible causes of an apparent decrease in the upward trend of global surface temperatures since 1998, a phenomenon that has been dubbed the global warming “hiatus.” Here we present an updated global surface temperature analysis that reveals that global trends are higher than reported by the IPCC, especially in recent decades, and that the central estimate for the rate of warming during the first 15 years of the 21st century is at least as great as the last half of the 20th century. These results do not support the notion of a “slowdown” in the increase of global surface temperature.

Much study has been devoted to the possible causes of an apparent decrease in the upward trend of global surface temperatures since 1998, a phenomenon that has been dubbed the global warming “hiatus.” Here we present an updated global surface temperature analysis that reveals that global trends are higher than reported by the IPCC, especially in recent decades, and that the central estimate for the rate of warming during the first 15 years of the 21st century is at least as great as the last half of the 20th century. These results do not support the notion of a “slowdown” in the increase of global surface temperature.

I don't know that you're saying anything different than I did.

The DoD is a political organization? WTF? I had no idea! Which positions get elected? Lol. Do you know what all falls under the Department of Defense?

you obviously don't know what you are talking about. The DOD is a political organization, just not having the overt characteristics of a traditional party. Same could be said of the ACLU, NAACP, the media, unions, and a whole host of other organizations wielding political power and influence. They all are political organizations of sorts. You can narrow the definition of a political organization to an election of its members. That is a false premise. Nonetheless, the DOD is a political organization. Many people do not occupy the pentagon unless there is a political influence, especially the civilians working there e.g. the DOD secretary.

Also, to see the political influence, just look at active duty generals and who promoted them. Then look at what they have done for those presidents or their party after leaving military service. Plenty of examples. Wesley Clark is a great example.

Then there is contracting. You are fooling yourself if you don't think the DOD awards contracts involving politics within or from other congressional or non-congressional sources. If the state of WV had a military base, especially one like Norfolk/Portsmouth, Byrd's name would be on it somewhere and pictures of him exploiting it.

what does the solution and impact of that solution look like?

For example, what are the specifics of any courses of action (generally starting in the political realm) and what is the outcome on weather? Temperature change, less snow or rain, earth quakes, etc.

How long until recommendations in changing something lead to a change is global trends?

For example, what are the specifics of any courses of action (generally starting in the political realm) and what is the outcome on weather? Temperature change, less snow or rain, earth quakes, etc.

How long until recommendations in changing something lead to a change is global trends?
The solution is taxes. The outcome is that these taxes can be redistributed.

The bottom line is that the Warmists want to eliminate fossil fuel use. This will mean much higher energy prices for the world. It will result in a lower quality of life. Another huge problem is in the undeveloped world. The developed world got wealthy due to very cheap fossil fuels. Once they are eliminated, the undeveloped world won't have that option. Therefore, the developed world will have to transfer to the undeveloped world trillions of dollars to help offset the loss of fossil fuels. All in the hope of trying to lower the average temps by a few degrees. This is an enormous wealth transfer scheme.

DOD is political, that's funny as hell. You guys know all about the DOD, right? There are a few of us that actually work for the DOD, numbskulls, lol.

The President is elected. He chooses his Sec Def. That guy is approved by Congress. It is run by a politician. I hope that explains it well, but if you need more information reference "The Constitution of the United States of America" 1789.

DOD is political, that's funny as hell. You guys know all about the DOD, right? There are a few of us that actually work for the DOD, numbskulls, lol.
Who is the head of the DOD? Who appoints that person? Who elects the person who appoints the head of the DOD? Being that you work there I hope you know those answers.

I do too.

what is your role in the DOD that make you say is what you did above?

I work with conservatives and liberals. We don't follow political ideology, we follow the law and policy. When you abandon law and policy, you can get yourself in big trouble. We constantly remind ourselves we work for the taxpayers of the US. An overwhelming majority of federal employees and agents (99.5%), regardless of which federal agency they work for, never "feel the effect" of a change in presidency. I found it humorous when so many people were losing their minds over the IRS "scandal".

I work with conservatives and liberals. We don't follow political ideology, we follow the law and policy. When you abandon law and policy, you can get yourself in big trouble. We constantly remind ourselves we work for the taxpayers of the US. An overwhelming majority of federal employees and agents (99.5%), regardless of which federal agency they work for, never "feel the effect" of a change in presidency. I found it humorous when so many people were losing their minds over the IRS "scandal".
What does the IRS "scandal" have to do with the rest of the post?

What does the IRS "scandal" have to do with the rest of the post?
Because so many posters in this thread think all federal agencies act on political ideology (if you would read my entire post, I think it would be obvious how it ties in).

Yeah, the entire federal work force changes our priorities according to which party is in power, lol. Those Navy green energy contracts can only be let every four years! It's all just a plot to thwart the fossil fuel industries, or so their lobbyists would have you believe.

Reactions: countryroads89
ADVERTISEMENT