ADVERTISEMENT

I'd love to see Crest work some slot

We sure can't afford to waste talent. Crest at receiver, Howard at QB, Chugs as his backup. Sounds like a plan.

Crest and Howard will be 1-2 at QB, in no particular order, and both will see action. Both will probably start during the season due to injury or ineffectiveness. WRs need to earn their scholarships and fill the open positions.

Crest will be great "Bell-dozer" replica for WVU Football............ a big body who can get the snap and take off running for short yardage gains.

exciting times ahead when you can utilize a good athlete like WC at multiple positions like RB, WR and return man!

Apparently right now there is a QB competition between Howard and Crest unless they've named a starter and I missed it. But let's say that Howard becomes the starter and Crest the backup. Both QBs will rep at QB. Both QBs are relatively new to our team/system and both need the reps at QB. You're not going to develop Crest at QB if he's running routes at WR. Everyone seems to have a theory but mine is that Crest stays at QB and gets the vast majority of his reps at QB. If one QB gets hurt, then you need a third QB. So, as per my theory, not only does Crest stay at QB but it's possible that another QB either loses his redshirt or some non-true freshman QB gets involved at some point during the season. It's possible that WC will line up at WR during a game but that will not be his primary role imo. I don't see Mr. Crest returing punts either.

Originally posted by Doctor Doom:
They are already using RB's at slot, so saying the WR's need to earn their scholie doesn't mean much. Obviously the coaches feel they need better athletes there.

Crest qualifies.
My concern with this idea, which is not a bad idea, is that we really only have 2 options at QB. There is no way that Sills or Chuggs are ready. So if we use Crest in other ways (other than QB) and he gets hurt, we are back to where we were last year when Tricket got hurt. Actually, probably worse since we had Howard (even though we didn't go to him).

Seems risky to me.

Besides, after watching Howard play in the bowl game, my stomach cramps up at the thought of him being our starter. If that is really where we are, well, we are not in a good place IMO.

This post was edited on 4/13 11:54 AM by WiiWii

I love fishing. Alot of times the small fish fight just as hard as the big fish. With the right bait, even the smart fish will bite.

Originally posted by SeronimusPratt:

I love fishing. Alot of times the small fish fight just as hard as the big fish. With the right bait, even the smart fish will bite.
What of lure do you like? I prefer a mobile one as opposed to stationary.

Originally posted by DocEER:

Originally posted by SeronimusPratt:

What of lure do you like? I prefer a mobile one as opposed to stationary.
you gotta use a lure that will catch the eye of the fish. It has to have some movement. Hell, even a flouder that lays down all day will jump on a slow moving minnow. If you want the big fish though, trolling is the way to go.

100% agree ...

that Howard in the bowl game was unsettling. He looked like a spark plug against KSU, but for the ISU game he was bad as often as good. Then the bowl game was some missed reads, but more so just unable to get it near wide open guys. Having already played in JUCO and having been in the program for almost a year, I was expecting a better bowl preformance. That said if he hopefully improves or unfortunately is just our best option, we will need a fresh and as focused as possible backup.

Crest and Howard will battle out all summer and season more than likely. Crest is our best QB in the long run. He is staying at QB. No plan but QB. Why would we move our best QB????????????????? Keaton would get fired quickly if he were a coach.

Keaton will eat words yet again when Crest ends up starting at QB for WVU for years to come. Is Keaton really that stupid to bet against Crest????? Does he seriously believe that Crest won't play and start at QB here???? C'mon Keaton are you really that stupid???? What are you going to do when Crest is our QB???? Will you hope and pray he fails???????

Hilarious to see someone stupid enough to think Crest won't eventually start at QB here with all his talent. He was Dana's 4 star QB that he recruited for 3 years. He is physically imposing compared to every QB we have. Its a matter of time guy!!! With practices and reps he will eventually be the guy at some point. It may be during season or before but Crest will eventually be WVU's starting QB. Too much talent not to be.

Crest might be our most gifted athlete. He wasn't good enough to beat out Clint who you claim isn't good enough to play for anyone (despite leading the nation in passing before his injury).

I think Crest could be a great QB. But Howard is obviously ahead of him. When Howard is the starter, are you going to sit potentially your best athlete. I'm sure he'll be great at signalling.

Word is Chugs is really coming along. Of the new guys he's obviously the most polished passer.

fishedIn.jpg

I think Crest has potential

at wide receiver. He might develop into a first round draft choice at that position. My sources say that Chugs has some intangibles that may surprise some folks. You have to play your best athletes at their best position. Like you say, Howard and Crest couldn't beat out Trickett last year. Things could get interesting.

Originally posted by Doctor Doom:
They are working Smallwood there so it's obvious they need some athleticism there. It's obvious Howard will be the trigger man. Hate to see that speed sitting and watching.
William will transfer if that happens and no one wants to see that happen. He's a quarterback and will play that position for someone at some point...I hope it's eventually for us.

After he receives the ball is where he would be so much fun to watch. Big and fast with good hands. Not sure DH is that much on the running QB. He likes throwers and catchers.

Crest and Howard will battle out all summer and season more than likely. Crest is our best QB in the long run. He is staying at QB. No plan but QB. Why would we move our best QB????????????????? Keaton would get fired quickly if he were a coach.

Keaton will eat words yet again when Crest ends up starting at QB for WVU for years to come. Is Keaton really that stupid to bet against Crest????? Does he seriously believe that Crest won't play and start at QB here???? C'mon Keaton are you really that stupid???? What are you going to do when Crest is our QB???? Will you hope and pray he fails???????

Hilarious to see someone stupid enough to think Crest won't eventually start at QB here with all his talent. He was Dana's 4 star QB that he recruited for 3 years. He is physically imposing compared to every QB we have. Its a matter of time guy!!! With practices and reps he will eventually be the guy at some point. It may be during season or before but Crest will eventually be WVU's starting QB. Too much talent not to be.

UderBump!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT