ADVERTISEMENT

I hesitate to talk smack about other school's player behavior

BurninDownTheCouch

All-Conference
Jan 16, 2006
Saint Albans
because it's just a matter of time before one of your own will be the target. However, a disturbing quote from the arresting officer in Huntington appeared.

From the Daily Beast:

“They(Marshall coaching staff) looked at the video and they definitely could tell who it was but they wouldn’t tell me,” Sperry says. “That’s the kind of cooperation I got there.”

As for the mystery driver, “one of the coaches who gave me his name and card told me 11 days ago that that man was getting ready to be drafted in the NFL,” Sperry says.

The driver remains unknown. Sperry said he pressed the Marshall coaches but they remained mum. “They said he didn’t do anything and they wouldn’t tell me who he is,” he said.

This isn't player bashing because all that commit crimes deserve a degree of bashing. But, to intentionally cover it up by grown adults in power, is, well disturbing. This, however, does fit in with the Marshall program's philosophy through the years. This is just an allegation from a Huntington cop, through a journalist(may or may not be true). But, if it's true, it's very telling of the priority structure of the coaches and administration in Cowville.

I know the detective mentioned; he's a straight shooter and a helluva guy.

Traveled over to the Moo smack board just to get their spin. And there is a guy over there (likes to use a lot of gay references in his posts) that said it was "good" that the coaching staff impeded the police investigation as to the driver of the car they wouldn't help identify.

because it's just a matter of time before one of your own will be the target. However, a disturbing quote from the arresting officer in Huntington appeared.

From the Daily Beast:

“They(Marshall coaching staff) looked at the video and they definitely could tell who it was but they wouldn’t tell me,” Sperry says. “That’s the kind of cooperation I got there.”

As for the mystery driver, “one of the coaches who gave me his name and card told me 11 days ago that that man was getting ready to be drafted in the NFL,” Sperry says.

The driver remains unknown. Sperry said he pressed the Marshall coaches but they remained mum. “They said he didn’t do anything and they wouldn’t tell me who he is,” he said.

This isn't player bashing because all that commit crimes deserve a degree of bashing. But, to intentionally cover it up by grown adults in power, is, well disturbing. This, however, does fit in with the Marshall program's philosophy through the years. This is just an allegation from a Huntington cop, through a journalist(may or may not be true). But, if it's true, it's very telling of the priority structure of the coaches and administration in Cowville.
Lack of institutional control...

Reactions: countryroads89
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT