ADVERTISEMENT

I guess the Big 12 locked us into a gor

dave

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Morgantown, WV
No need to give us fair officiating. Unless it is this horrible in every game in which case we share a bush league mess of a football conference. I am ready for more expansion. We got a fairer share in the Big East and that is laughable.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

I have no idea what that means but I really wish kstate fans were the same caliber as their coach and football team.

If you want to be a member of a bush league conference that is fine but the officiating in the big 12 is a joke.

It's college football. The officials suck. I don't think it has anything to do with which conference you're in. I don't think they'd try to screw you over against TCU though. Sometimes they make calls that make me wonder when Texas is on the field... We'd be 6-2 right now if they hadn't.

Try playing a road game against Pac 12 team some time. That's a real joy...

We have dealt with some real crap over the years but Saturday was pathetic. I agree that it makes no sense against TCU. I guess my point is that I would hope a "big time" conference would respnd to utter nonesense like that with discipline.

The Big East officials have always gifted nd with wins. That is the only thing they have consistantly done in 20 years.

Originally posted by TheRedSon:

It's college football. The officials suck. I don't think it has anything to do with which conference you're in. I don't think they'd try to screw you over against TCU though. Sometimes they make calls that make me wonder when Texas is on the field... We'd be 6-2 right now if they hadn't.

That 2 point conversion try by TCU was definitely an incomplete pass. There are pictures out there now that show conclusive evidence that the ball hit the ground. Regardless, there is no excuse for giving up a 94 yard TD with 1:28 left on the clock when the opposing team has no timeouts remaining. This team is toast. Kansas will be our last shot at another win now. What a disaster this season has turned into.

Originally posted by amath13:

Originally posted by TheRedSon:

That 2 point conversion try by TCU was definitely an incomplete pass. There are pictures out there now that show conclusive evidence that the ball hit the ground. Regardless, there is no excuse for giving up a 94 yard TD with 1:28 left on the clock when the opposing team has no timeouts remaining. This team is toast. Kansas will be our last shot at another win now. What a disaster this season has turned into.
You had to know it wasn't going to be easy leaving a non-football conference and moving up into a bush league real football playing conference.

RedSon
Agree on Texas. Lots of interesting calls/referees locations or residence/pictures indicating their obvious fandom of UT... and low and behold, a SUPER SHITTY UT is now 7-

Big 12 officials have been very, very , bad for years. I'm sure every team in the conference can tell you horror stories ( except the bonghorns ) , it makes you wonder.

Remember the Marvin Graves incident,Dave? Unless the B-12 officials pull a deliberate fraud like that, they'll always be head and shoulders above the striped shirts of the Big East in my book.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT