ADVERTISEMENT

I get why some of you are suggesting crest is not the future QB

wvpaper

All-Conference
Nov 21, 2010
it's all good fun

but, on a serious note....

if crest is not the future at qb, wvu football is screwed and dana should put his home up for sale right now.

Lol I'm not so sure that won't be the case anyway. Just don't see 8 or 9 win season with the current roster. Maybe some of the summer arrivals will change my opinion. And that's all it is an opinion

My question is who would the number 2 qb be if crest either moves to wr or (God forbid) he gets hurt playing wr or returning punts.

One way this WOULD make sense is if Braxton Miller transfers to wvu. Maybe a silver lining of the many errant passes in the spring game is that we are more attractive as a destination for him.

Now be nice to me--this is my first post with the new board format :)

Lgm!

Chugs may be great but he is only a true freshman. Having to plug him in as the (possible) backup qb just makes me uneasy.

I suppose time will tell.
Lgm!

My question is who would the number 2 qb be if crest either moves to wr or (God forbid) he gets hurt playing wr or returning punts.

One way this WOULD make sense is if Braxton Miller transfers to wvu. Maybe a silver lining of the many errant passes in the spring game is that we are more attractive as a destination for him.

Now be nice to me--this is my first post with the new board format :)

Lgm!
It sounded like Chugs was the second quarterback in the Spring game. If Crest is the athlete that people say that he is, do you want him sitting on the bench the whole season if Howard is getting it done at QB? That seems like a pretty expensive insurance policy. This team does not have the depth of other BIG12 teams. You have to roll the dice and put the best players on the field. Howard is a hell of a lot more durable than Trickett, who was always one hit away from getting knocked out of the game. As far as Crest goes, he may think that a lot more players get drafted who get playing time than backup quarterbacks who never play. Put the dude on the field. If Howard AND Crest go down then we have to lean on OTHER players who are here on scholarships too, at least that is Huggins philosophy, who expects his backups to step up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT