ADVERTISEMENT

I didn't see a confederate flag anywhere I went yesterday

Motown Mounty

All-American
May 29, 2001
It was fantastic. I'm starting to believe slavery never happened and it makes me feel happy.

I'm sure you'd be equally happy if you were Black and your State government endorsed the flying of that flag over govt facilities.
The SC flag is flying over a government facility?

What they need to do is move the memorial (and the flag) back to the place it came from which I believe was a Confederate cemetery.

I'm sure you'd be equally happy if you were Black and your State government endorsed the flying of that flag over govt facilities.
No. If I were black I would prefer all objects associated with it be removed. Maybe not even teach about it in history class because that would also make me feel upset just hearing about it. If we pretend it never happened then it didn't. If you remove the flags now then all of the history will somehow change and if I was black that is what I would want.

No. If I were black I would prefer all objects associated with it be removed. Maybe not even teach about it in history class because that would also make me feel upset just hearing about it. If we pretend it never happened then it didn't. If you remove the flags now then all of the history will somehow change and if I was black that is what I would want.
No. If you were Black, you wouldn't want to feel like a second class citizen by seeing a govt endorsed symbol of your races' prior oppression on display.

Yes, I too didn't see a confederate flag yesterday. I live in the middle of (offending state)South Carolina and do not remember the last flag I saw flying. It doesn't fly over government buildings. It doesn't fly in the lobby of buildings. I need to get some directions from our friends who are so offended by the arrogant people flying that flag all over the state. I guess I am racist because I cannot find the offensive flag that sets these people off.

Public opinion is basically all that is ruling against the confederate flag today, that and capitalist market forces for businesses who obviously feel they would alienate more people than they would please by stocking flag related articles. There are still loads of places to get your flag on if ya wanna identify that way.

On Wednesday, I saw a guy on the side of the road near Blacksville selling Confederate flags and other items.

In this thread, RPJ hands Motown Mounty his ass, news at eleven.

th

I bet black folks love driving down a road named after the former klansman bob byrd who supporting lynching blacks. Im sure his apology makes them feel better.

Trying to remove everything from society that may offend people is a bad road to travel

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT