ADVERTISEMENT

Huggs targeting Manny Malou with final 'ship in 16

JUCO SF/PF

http://sports.yahoo.com/bwi/basketball/recruiting/player-Emmanuel-Malou-158902

JUCO STATS

JUCO Recruiting Profile

Story behind him:

A 2014 HS recruit out of Australia originally, he attended a prep school that was found to be a scam. Now he's in JUCO since he didn't qualify and looking to play somewhere for 2 years.

He's a pro.................... just maybe not in the United States.
Looks like a difference maker. I like our recent recruiting.

Holy cripe ! A 6'9" G/SF ? Sign him up now. If we don't, somebody will.

JUCO SF/PF

JUCO STATS

JUCO Recruiting Profile

Story behind him:

A 2014 HS recruit out of Australia originally, he attended a prep school that was found to be a scam. Now he's in JUCO since he didn't qualify and looking to play somewhere for 2 years.

Huggins will have to petition the NCAA to extend the game to 50 minutes just so everyone can get 5 minutes of playing time.

JUCO SF/PF

JUCO STATS

JUCO Recruiting Profile

Story behind him:

Nice find & thanks for sharing this, Keaton.

I'd always wondered what it'd look like if LeBron James played against a Jr High team. Now we know.

Looks like Iowa State found out about Malou because he prepped in-state. Kind of an odd offer list. Hawaii, Oakland, USC and Miss State. Ben Howland must know the same thing those Pacific schools do having been at UCLA.

We can assume Huggs targeting means West Virginia has offered? & thus it's probable that other high-majors will follow suit?

6-9, 210 & at least in that video against those guys shows all court skills tailor made to play the 1-4. Not a PG, no, but he can move like one if he wants.

If they could land this guy & there's no qualification issues, would figure to be the instant replacement for Holton atop the press, and one that for now looks more polished & offensive minded.

2016-17 squad - assuming D.Williams doesn't forgo his senior year & no unforeseen attrition surprises - would be beast.

& the answers appear to be yes WV has offered & joining them are Iowa State, Arizona State (that pesky Hurley), Okla State, Marquette, per Vingle, while verbal commits also lists Texas Tech, Nevada, East Carolina and Colorado State.

That list & the updated rivals list makes more sense.

So I guess the next question is what might his interest level be? Will he visit the good guys?

& the answers appear to be yes WV has offered & joining them are Iowa State, Arizona State (that pesky Hurley), Okla State, Marquette, per Vingle, while verbal commits also lists Texas Tech, Nevada, East Carolina and Colorado State. That list & the updated rivals list makes more sense. So I guess the next question is what might his interest level be? Will he visit the good guys?

I haven't the foggiest idea as to our actual chances with the kid......but it's not like that current list is dominated by names like Kentucky or Dook or UNC or Michigan State or Ohio State or perhaps a half dozen others against which we'd likely have little chance..

Yea that's a valid point, Cool Man. Hopefully he'll remember WV was among those "in early" even though that includes 8 others that are publicly known at this time. Get the feeling Malou interest will keep growing. Especially if he plays/shines in AAU this summer. Anyone know if or who he plays AAU for?

As the options stand now, WV and Iowa St have had the most very recent success. Iowa St after this coming season will be rebuilding & in a way, already are with coaching situation. I wonder who at ISU offered Malou & if that recruitment will continue.

Arizona State too is rebuilding and Hurley is very much still cutting his teeth in the coaching profession. Ditto for Marquette.

Don't know what his main goals are in selecting a school or team, but I'd say for now WV has as good a chance as any. Huggs has a good track record in developing forwards especially & the '16-17 season certainly would hold the promise of immediate & significant playing time at his position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT