ADVERTISEMENT

"Hold onto your lilly white butts"

Key is hilarious. Let's just leave it at that.
x7nAu.jpg

Is there something racist in this thread? I don't know where your quote came from (correspondents dinner?) but did a black person (prez?) call a white person white? Oh my. Help me out here.

If you find racist humor funny...then that's on you.
If you find the phrase "lilly white butt" offensive, I can't help you. They also talked about how white Obama's hair was. Is that also offensive? Are you concerned about the agism exhibited?

3:16 and WVPATX and other right wing mud slingers cry, whine and desperately grasp for anything they think might tarnish BO. It's a daily thing.

If you find the phrase "lilly white butt" offensive, I can't help you. They also talked about how white Obama's hair was. Is that also offensive? Are you concerned about the agism exhibited?
Do you not find it discriminatory when I use the "black ass" phrase and get targeted as a racist for several ongoing days on this very same board with the same participants, but others leading the charge? How can we expound the great desire to show equality when "black ass" equates to racism and "white butt" being acceptable as a descriptive phrase? How can this country progress when we insist there is inconsistency in our vernacular that is so identical and there is a demand that it be treated differently? How can we move forward as a society?

3:16 and WVPATX and other right wing mud slingers cry, whine and desperately grasp for anything they think might tarnish BO. It's a daily thing.
Now you know exactly how it feels when your side cries, whines, and bitch about equally as trivial stuff.

I pay them no mind. It's funny though to start seeing the liberals burdened by the outrage mentality they started.
I don't think either side has a monopoly on the victim mentality. Palin was a victim because she was asked what newspapers and magazines she read. Heterosexual marriage is at risk because homosexuals are allowed to marry in some states now. The war on Christmas talk is a play on the victim mentality. It's not just liberals. While I can't put my finger on the first user of it on either side, it's pervasive in political culture now.

I don't think either side has a monopoly on the victim mentality. Palin was a victim because she was asked what newspapers and magazines she read. Heterosexual marriage is at risk because homosexuals are allowed to marry in some states now. The war on Christmas talk is a play on the victim mentality. It's not just liberals. While I can't put my finger on the first user of it on either side, it's pervasive in political culture now.
Palin wasn't a victim. She was accurately portrayed as a political idiot. Which she was.

Palin wasn't a victim. She was accurately portrayed as a political idiot. Which she was.
I agree with that sentiment, but that was some of the evidence she used to show how mainstream media was against her - hardball questions like what do you read.

I agree with that sentiment, but that was some of the evidence she used to show how mainstream media was against her - hardball questions like what do you read.
I somewhat understand the point she was trying to make, albeit very badly. In the context at the time, there was zero vetting of Obama and a huge focus was placed on her as a VP candidate. It almost became an Obama vs Palin thing. She took on a large spotlight when she was announced and I think it took away from McCain. It's a shame because I truly think McCain would have done much better from a unification of the country standpoint than what Barry has.

I find it amazing that 95% of the people will tell you that they are not swayed by the VP candidate, yet that election was, like you said, Palin v. Obama. I was very disturbed by the way she was treated - a country girl with a state institution education. She was a very common person - not unlike me, and I was told in 9th grade Civics class that even I would be qualified to be President after my 35th birthday. Hopefully we have not advanced to the stage that a common person cannot serve as President. Meanwhile, Obama refused to prove that he offered the basic requirements to run/serve.

I find it amazing that 95% of the people will tell you that they are not swayed by the VP candidate, yet that election was, like you said, Palin v. Obama. I was very disturbed by the way she was treated - a country girl with a state institution education. She was a very common person - not unlike me, and I was told in 9th grade Civics class that even I would be qualified to be President after my 35th birthday. Hopefully we have not advanced to the stage that a common person cannot serve as President. Meanwhile, Obama refused to prove that he offered the basic requirements to run/serve.
I'm really disturbed by your inability to use the quote feature on this website.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT