ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release Gold Rush/Stripe the Stadium/True Blue Football Games Announced

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Gold Rush/Stripe the Stadium/True Blue Football Games Announced

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – (July 2, 2015) – The West Virginia-Maryland football game on Saturday, Sept. 26, is a "Gold Rush" presented by GoMart at Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium.

All fans are encouraged to wear Gold for the rivalry matchup with the Terrapins. WVU won last season’s matchup in College Park, Md., 40-37, on a game-winning field goal by Josh Lambert as time expired.

West Virginia’s first Big 12 Conference home game against Oklahoma State on Saturday, Oct. 10 will be the ‘Stripe the Stadium’ game presented by WVU Healthcare.

Fans sitting in even-numbered sections (Sec. 102, 104, 202, 204 etc.), Touchdown Terrace, and WVU students seated in the upper level student sections are encouraged to wear Gold to the Homecoming game.

Conversely, fans sitting in odd-numbered sections (Sec. 101, 103, 201, 203, etc.) and WVU students seated in the lower level student sections are encouraged to wear Blue to the game.

To see a ‘Stripe the Stadium’ map, visit: www.WVUsports.com/StripeTheStadium

The Mountaineers’ matchup with Texas on Saturday, Nov. 14, will be the second "True Blue" presented by the West Virginia Lottery at Milan Puskar Stadium. The Longhorns will be making their second-ever trip to Morgantown.

The matchup with Liberty has been designated as “Family Day” with four tickets and a $25 concessions voucher available for $150 per package.

Fans attending 2015 season opener against Georgia Southern will be treated to a fireworks display.

“Mountaineer fans will have several opportunities to display their pride at home games this season,” says Matt Wells, Associate Athletic Director for External Affairs. “From the Gold Rush to Stripe the Stadium to the return of True Blue, we are looking forward to seeing our fans create a tremendous game day atmosphere at Milan Puskar Stadium in 2015.”

Single-game tickets and mini-packages will go on sale, Tuesday, July 7, at 9 a.m. Visit WVUGAME.com or call 1-800-WVU GAME for more information.

The Mountaineers’ home opener is on Saturday, Sept. 5, at 7:30 p.m. against Georgia Southern at Milan Puskar Stadium.

Not something a true mountaineer fan would say! Got ya! Happy 4th of July my mountaineer friend.

I wondered how some, you in particular, would take my reply. Thx for not being all hardcore...and realizing it's just an opinion on an Internet forum.

--------------

If we.have a special way to dress for (almost) half the home games then it starts to not be all that 'special'. Plus, the fail rate goes way up. How about just doing it just for what looks like will be the biggest home game of the season ?

I wondered how some, you in particular, would take my reply. Thx for not being all hardcore...and realizing it's just an opinion on an Internet forum.

--------------

If we.have a special way to dress for (almost) half the home games then it starts to not be all that 'special'. Plus, the fail rate goes way up. How about just doing it just for what looks like will be the biggest home game of the season ?

I think my favorite was the "White Out" we did for Pat White's last game. Now, that was special and I'm pretty sure the idea started on the Blue Lot? I dare not say who came it with because everyone on the board would say it was thier idea.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT