ADVERTISEMENT

General guesstimate; when would peak traffic hours be for KSU game?....

The Elf

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Thinking of maybe making the trip w/ my 15 year old son. Wanting to show him around both campuses a little and perhaps check out some of Gameday.....if they are in town. Not sure when a driving tour would turn into walking/PRT tour w/ a 7:00 kickoff.

I would get to Gameday early if they are in Mo-Town. Last time they were downtown at the Mountainlair. I would park on High Street/Spruce Street and walk to the Lair if they are set up.

If gameday isn't isn't downtown, you can usually park at the Moutaninlair parking garage on Saturday mornings. Good spot to start a downtown campus walk. Then you can drive to Evansdale/Stadium early afternoon without too much trouble. From downtown you can go to the interstate and hit the stadium from either direction. Or...just drive down University Ave. for a tour of Sunnyside!

But my all time favorite route (and the one we are taking) is to detour through South Park and stop by Gene's for a hot dog and a draft. Then it is on to Richwood Ave.- with a brief pit stop at Mario's Fishbowl - and then travel to the stadium via the mileground.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT