ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD Game Thread: WVU vs Houston

Who enjoys it? The negative crap on here and other social media sites are despicable.

Why does it bother you so much that most of the WVU fan base is tired of a mid 70s repeat and want the team to be better? If you were in charge, we would suck for life. And yes it was Brown's fault. With a better coach we win that game by 2-3 TD's. Houston sucks!!

Last edited:
Maybe you should apply for the job...LMAO
I love WVU too much, I would step down lol.

Brown crying to the refs 10 minutes after the game was pathetic. I dont want to see a WVU coach representing like that. The game was over, stop whining and go home.

Last edited:
Why does it bother you so much that most of the WVU fan base is tired of a mid 70s repeat and want the team to be better? If you were in charge, we would suck for life. And yes it was Brown's fault. With a better coach we win that game by 2-3 TD's. Houston sucks!!
Why would you waste your time talking about being a top 25 team when you have no control over what the voters think. The only control you have is to keep winning. We should have beaten that team no excuses.

I love WVU too much, I would step down lol.

Brown crying to the refs 10 minutes after the game was pathetic. I dont want to see a WVU coach representing like that. The game was over, stop whining and go home.
Rod did this often. I guess you really don't want him back.

Rod did this often. I guess you really don't want him back.
I would take Rod over this clown any day. Dana is a better coach than Brown. Sad but true.....

I dont mind taking it up with the refs during the game. But the game was long over, and we lost and Brown was still out there pouting to the refs. Players were heading to the locker room by then lol.

Last edited:
Why would you waste your time talking about being a top 25 team when you have no control over what the voters think. The only control you have is to keep winning. We should have beaten that team no excuses.
Brown thought we deserved the top 25 after the TCU win, but he must have forgot he was the coach lol. Houston is not a good team. We definitely should of won, and if Brown didnt get let up too often in the first half, we would have, imo.

Good teams beat Houston.

Hell, mediocre teams beat Houston.

Bad teams lose to Houston after leading with 12 seconds left.

After all these years with Brown, we’re still in the bad team category. That tells you everything you need to know about this program. It’s time for somebody not named Brown to clean up this hot mess.

Regardless of the Houston's last possession with 5 seconds left, the estimation of WVU remains unchanged. Had we won, it still means WVU is a bad team that is barely sneaking past bad teams like Houston. WVU's marquee win against TCU would still look like it was more because TCU is either far worse than they appear or they had a really bad game against us as opposed to WVU being anything more than a bad a team. WVU is BAD. WVU did not build on that TCU win. WVU is proving that what potential appeared to be there during that 4-1 start was likely a mirage and WVU is not much better than last year.

As they say, you are never as good as you think you are when you win and you are never as bad as you think you are when you lose. This is the epitome of the case as win or lose in those waning moments of the game, WVU is no better or worse as a team with regards to potentially taking a step forward into being an above average team.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
Ask yourself:

Has he recruited well enough to make this a top-25 program?

Has he retained enough players on the roster who can make this a top-25 program?

Has he developed an offense that has an identity and can make this a top-25 program?

Has he delivered defenses that play with more rigidity than a wet tissue against teams not named Duquesne or are playing their backup QB?

Has he instilled the kind of discipline in his players that they do not blow a lead with boneheaded selfish plays in the final dozen or so seconds?

Has he beaten a bad Houston team coached by Dana?

If you answered no to these questions, then why is he still here?

I would take Rod over this clown any day. Dana is a better coach than Brown. Sad but true.....

I dont mind taking it up with the refs during the game. But the game was long over, and we lost and Brown was still out there pouting to the refs. Players were heading to the locker room by then lol.
Fans rushed the field before the game was over. Where's the flag? Not that it mattered. The officials were not leaving the field until they spoke and said game was over because WVU decided to not finish the final extra point attempt, which Houston probably just takes a knee anyway. You have no idea what was being said or the reason for it. I saw no chasing of the officials after the game but your hatred says otherwise.

Ask yourself:

Has he recruited well enough to make this a top-25 program?

Has he retained enough players on the roster who can make this a top-25 program?

Has he developed an offense that has an identity and can make this a top-25 program?

Has he delivered defenses that play with more rigidity than a wet tissue against teams not named Duquesne or are playing their backup QB?

Has he instilled the kind of discipline in his players that they do not blow a lead with boneheaded selfish plays in the final dozen or so seconds?

Has he beaten a bad Houston team coached by Dana?

If you answered no to these questions, then why is he still here?
I can only only give 12 million reasons why he's still here and the AD was fired for it.

Regardless of the Houston's last possession with 5 seconds left, the estimation of WVU remains unchanged. Had we won, it still means WVU is a bad team that is barely sneaking past bad teams like Houston. WVU's marquee win against TCU would still look like it was more because TCU is either far worse than they appear or they had a really bad game against us as opposed to WVU being anything more than a bad a team. WVU is BAD. WVU did not build on that TCU win. WVU is proving that what potential appeared to be there during that 4-1 start was likely a mirage and WVU is not much better than last year.

As they say, you are never as good as you think you are when you win and you are never as bad as you think you are when you lose. This is the epitome of the case as win or lose in those waning moments of the game, WVU is no better or worse as a team with regards to potentially taking a step forward into being an above average team.
I said from beginning of season TCU was highly overrated. But still didn't expect a win there and got it. Tech was not playing like a team that was suppose to challenge for top spot and I also thought they were overrated at beginning of the year.

TCU game WVU lost 2 top defensive players, which shows they have not recruited any depth, They also were down 2 linemen and it didn't seem to matter as they gained 536 total yards of offense. This proves in itself that Houston is a horrible team as WVU has not had an offense all season.

Maybe with some blind luck they might still get 6 wins possible 7 on a big maybe. This is proof Big 12 is down right horrible this year. Especially teams 3-14 are all equally bad.

Shane Lyons should be sued.

Good teams beat Houston.

Hell, mediocre teams beat Houston.

Bad teams lose to Houston after leading with 12 seconds left.

After all these years with Brown, we’re still in the bad team category. That tells you everything you need to know about this program. It’s time for somebody not named Brown to clean up this hot mess.
If Brown is a good person in his heart like everyone claims you would think he would step down or renegotiate the outlandish Shane extension.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
That loss was so WVU. Those are the kind of things WVU, and bad teams, do to lose games. In 5 years, Clown Brown has changed nothing about this program.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
WVU played horrible. While Greene's stats were good, he missed a lot of throws mid-3qtr that would have extended the drives. Donaldson was wide open on a screen and not a defender in sight. Also, one of Houston's TDs was defended well and their defender pushed our guy in the back with hands extended and no call. It was definitely OPI. Either way, Greene shouldn't have taken his helmet off after the TD to put us up with 12 seconds left. That was a huge penalty. Overall, i thought the play calling was an improvement. This game was lost because our O-Line couldn't open up holes for the running game and our D-Line couldn't get to the QB in the 2nd half.

WVU played horrible. While Greene's stats were good, he missed a lot of throws mid-3qtr that would have extended the drives. Donaldson was wide open on a screen and not a defender in sight. Also, one of Houston's TDs was defended well and their defender pushed our guy in the back with hands extended and no call. It was definitely OPI. Either way, Greene shouldn't have taken his helmet off after the TD to put us up with 12 seconds left. That was a huge penalty. Overall, i thought the play calling was an improvement. This game was lost because our O-Line couldn't open up holes for the running game and our D-Line couldn't get to the QB in the 2nd half.
I said the same thing when Grier went Horns down in Austin back in 2018. Luckily it didn't cost us back then, but I felt the same way about that as I do here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT