ADVERTISEMENT

From the Pittsburg Tribune

BurninDownTheCouch

All-Conference
Jan 16, 2006
Saint Albans
"....How ridiculous is it that West Virginia is signed to play ACC teams not named Pitt (Virginia Tech, N.C. State), and Pitt is committed to play another school from West Virginia?

That would be Marshall for a silly two-game series. "

The Nation and the Sports World knows how "silly" Marshall is. Problem is, Marshall doesn't recognize how 'silly' they actually are. Marshall, you're basically, a laughing stock. Spell check got me on Pittsburgh for some reason.... Whatever, you got the point.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/-topstories/8676415-74/pitt-state-virginia#ixzz3f3WdCr5V
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

I'm thinking that Pitt can make room on its schedule by buying out the Marshall game in Huntington. We all know that will happen, but Pitt doing it to open up room to play WVU would be a delicious twist to the story...

Geez Cousins....your reading comprehension skills are not a credit to WVU. The point of paragraph was to convey the thought that WVU and Pitt should play each other.

They certainly don't treat the Moo/Pitt series with a great deal of respect by calling it "silly"... Doubtful if it were a Pitt/Maryland(geographically close in proximity) series they'd refer to it as, "silly", with WVU being closer geographically. One thing is for sure, they referred to the the Moo/Pitt series as, silly.

Geez II....the implication being it is "silly" that WVU and Pitt play other schools but not each other. Not a slam aginst MU ,NCSU or VPI. And of course they're correct the "backyard brawl" should be played every year!

I'm sure wvu would play this game if it was played only in wvu's backyard.

That is their position on most things....WVU only plays at home and gets 90% of the state's higher education budget and 100% of the pop tax! I'm shocked they agree to give the visting team 6 points for a TD!

That is their position on most things....WVU only plays at home and gets 90% of the state's higher education budget and 100% of the pop tax! I'm shocked they agree to give the visting team 6 points for a TD!
LOL.......

Hummmm 5 points only for opposing teams touchdowns? Not bad... not bad at all.... If we reversed that and only took 5 per TD... We'd have still beaten Marshall our last and final meeting. Sleep well boys.

Hummmm 5 points only for opposing teams touchdowns? Not bad... not bad at all.... If we reversed that and only took 5 per TD... We'd have still beaten Marshall our last and final meeting. Sleep well boys.
Why don't you contractally obligate all visting schools to hand over all the tax money from soft drink sales at their home stadium to WVU while you're at it!

Isn't it hilarious how the welfare crowd always wants more? No matter what you do, they never get enough from big brother....

Isn't it hilarious how the welfare crowd always wants more? No matter what you do, they never get enough from big brother....
Looks to me it's you boys that benefit from the pop tax....and nobody else!

Why don't you contractally obligate all visting schools to hand over all the tax money from soft drink sales at their home stadium to WVU while you're at it!

The WV lawmakers know money toward WVU is an investment.... Money to MU is down a rat hole. The pop tax goes to WVU Hospitals System (the highest rated acute care provider in the state). Moo, if they were to get any of it, would use it for green paint for that rat den you call The Joan. If the state cut off all funding (WVU for academics....Moo for keeping their athletics afloat) we all know there would be no athletics at Moo. Marshall sports teams shouldn't be called "The Herd"... they should be called "The Taxpayers". Probably just a matter of time until WVU takes over Marshall to have a small campus in the south to go with Montgomery and Beckley.

Looks to me it's you boys that benefit from the pop tax....and nobody else!

The entire state benefits from the pop tax going to the best hospital system in the state. I'm sure those facilities have saved the lives of Moo fans as well. Marshall doesn't have a hospital system, they are allowed to use Cabell Huntington Hospital. I'm in the health care field and know many, many, people from the southern part of the state travel to Morgantown for treatment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT