ADVERTISEMENT

From a left of center website. This shows just how radical the left is becoming.

WVPATX

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2005
Following the unprecedented success that was American Sniper,Clint Eastwood has zeroed in on a decidedly less controversial real-life figure as the subject of his next film: Capt. Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger.

Less controversial! So, an authentic American hero that killed the enemy saving countless lives is controversial to liberals? Was Sargeant York controversial? Was Audie Murphy controversial? Each day brings new amazement from libs.

Following the unprecedented success that was American Sniper,Clint Eastwood has zeroed in on a decidedly less controversial real-life figure as the subject of his next film: Capt. Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger.

Less controversial! So, an authentic American hero that killed the enemy saving countless lives is controversial to liberals? Was Sargeant York controversial? Was Audie Murphy controversial? Each day brings new amazement from libs.
Did you see American Sniper? or Sergeant York? Audie Murphy had a film career and played himself in To Hell and Back. There is a difference between a person and a movie about the same person.

Last edited:
Did you see American Sniper? or Sergeant York? Audie Murphy had a film career and played himself in To Hell and Back. There is a difference between a person and a movie about the same person.
I don't understand the point you are trying to make.

I haven't seen American Sniper or any of the other movies referenced but perhaps the movie gives a dim view of war and is not just some flag waving, kill the demonized enemy, good guys vs. bad guys movie. Maybe there are reasons for AS to be controversial that have nothing to do with the soldier's personal story. Maybe some folks didn't view a sniper as an American hero to use WVPATX's terminology. The movie drew alot of attention and seemed to be controversial in some quarters but I don't know why and didn't follow the story. Invading Iraq is not the same as fighting the Axis powers so there's another avenue for some controversy. I was just asking if he had seen the movie. I would think that it would be helpful to have seen a movie (and the other movie he mentions) before giving commentary on it/them. Actually controversy often drives ticket sales so it's not a bad thing to have people talking about your movie. To me, this is just another troll post by WVPATX where he takes a statement by one person/group, puts his wacky slant on it and then attributes it to a much larger group.

I haven't seen American Sniper or any of the other movies referenced but perhaps the movie gives a dim view of war and is not just some flag waving, kill the demonized enemy, good guys vs. bad guys movie. Maybe there are reasons for AS to be controversial that have nothing to do with the soldier's personal story. Maybe some folks didn't view a sniper as an American hero to use WVPATX's terminology. The movie drew alot of attention and seemed to be controversial in some quarters but I don't know why and didn't follow the story. Invading Iraq is not the same as fighting the Axis powers so there's another avenue for some controversy. I was just asking if he had seen the movie. I would think that it would be helpful to have seen a movie (and the other movie he mentions) before giving commentary on it/them. Actually controversy often drives ticket sales so it's not a bad thing to have people talking about your movie. To me, this is just another troll post by WVPATX where he takes a statement by one person/group, puts his wacky slant on it and then attributes it to a much larger group.

Yes, I have seen the movie. Yes, Chris Kyle is an American hero. Yes, many liberals detested the movie. I could give a rats ass if the Iraq war was controversial. Kyle simply executed the orders of his superiors. Why is he vilified for this by many on the left? Why is a sniper less of a hero to the left? None of this makes any sense. And make no mistake, many in the left don't like Chris Kyle.

I could give a rats ass if the Iraq war was controversial.
Well perhaps that is just one reason that the movie was controversial which is the point of your post. I'm sure there are other reasons. Sorry, but you don't sound like much of a movie critic and seem to be confused by the whole situation. Maybe someone who has seen the movie could explain it all to you.

Well perhaps that is just one reason that the movie was controversial which is the point of your post. I'm sure there are other reasons. Sorry, but you don't sound like much of a movie critic and seem to be confused by the whole situation. Maybe someone who has seen the movie could explain it all to you.

You've obviously never seen the movie. It does not justify nor celebrate the war. It is solely a story of Kyle, his heroism and the impact the war had on Kyle and his family. In a rational world, there is no controversy.

You've obviously never seen the movie. It does not justify nor celebrate the war. It is solely a story of Kyle, his heroism and the impact the war had on Kyle and his family. In a rational world, there is no controversy.
Agreed. The only thing even partially controversial was his thoughts on the savage nature of our enemies. That's not controversial, that's reality, but I understand those opposed to American exceptionalism would not care for it.

Agreed. The only thing even partially controversial was his thoughts on the savage nature of our enemies. That's not controversial, that's reality, but I understand those opposed to American exceptionalism would not care for it.

Heroes are heroes. They don't start wars. They follow orders. Why some on the left vilify them is beyond comprehension. Hate the politicians not our soldiers.

Go see what your butt buddy Michael Moore said about him.
Another Fox News generated faux controversy to jazz up their ignorant, gray-haired, Metamucil swigging audience. There may be a few jackasses out there who don't like Kyle. But to me, he's a hero. He killed a lot of bad guys and he saved a lot of American lives. What is so controversial about that? Except if you're always looking for one like you nimrods tend to do.

polar_house_means_2014.png

polar_senate_means_2014.png

Source

Lmao. A left leaning website calls the movie controversial. Liberal colleges cancel it's showing. Kyle is vilified by many liberals. The movie is blasted by many liberals. And it's Fox's fault? Willful blindness.

Lmao. A left leaning website calls the movie controversial. Liberal colleges cancel it's showing. Kyle is vilified by many liberals. The movie is blasted by many liberals. And it's Fox's fault? Willful blindness.
Since you rarely post a link to your continued dumbass posts, who's to say you are correct. You are too big of a pussy to back up your idiotic claims. You're welcome.

Since you rarely post a link to your continued dumbass posts, who's to say you are correct. You are too big of a pussy to back up your idiotic claims. You're welcome.
Are you just being onstinant to rile him up or do really not remember all of the shit that was being spewed by the anti-military/war crowd vis a vis the movie and Kyle.

Are you just being onstinant to rile him up or do really not remember all of the shit that was being spewed by the anti-military/war crowd vis a vis the movie and Kyle.

He is one angry lib

Another Fox News generated faux controversy to jazz up their ignorant, gray-haired, Metamucil swigging audience. There may be a few jackasses out there who don't like Kyle. But to me, he's a hero. He killed a lot of bad guys and he saved a lot of American lives. What is so controversial about that? Except if you're always looking for one like you nimrods tend to do.

You sure spewed a lot of venom with that tirade. I guess we could deduct Michael Moore that you agree your pal Micheal Moore was out of line in directly slamming snipers and indirectly smearing Kyle.
Also its good to see that someone showed you how to use images[banana] on the new board, I'm really impressed.

Last edited:
You sure spewed a lot of venom with that tirade. I guess we could deduct Michael Moore that you agree your pal Micheal Moore was out of line in slamming your "hero" Kyle.
You know, for a guy who continues to point out my typos, misspellings, etc., it would behoove you to know the difference between deduct and deduce. You're welcome. :cool2:

Reactions: WVUCOOPER
Good stuff right there for a guy who posts 24/7 how the world is going to hell in a handbasket because of "libs", Hillary, the media, the "low information voter".....[roll]:flush:[laughing][banana]

Let's see. Libs passed Obamacare. Libs passed the President's economic program. Libs are running our disastrous foreign policy.

You know, for a guy who continues to point out my typos, misspellings, etc., it would behoove you to know the difference between deduct and deduce. You're welcome. :cool2:

Thanks.....but it is widely used to infer deductive reasoning. But, I will concede to you on that one as well as your point that Clinton was not a felon at the time of Carters pardon.

Thanks.....but it is widely used to infer deductive reasoning. But, I will concede to you on that one as well as your point that Clinton was not a felon at the time of Carters pardon.
This place is like the Twilight Zone. You are an odd duck. You argued until you were breathless just the opposite yesterday about Clinton. Claimed you had the facts. Yada yada. And your idiot buddies chimed in in support. Now you're telling me you had it all wrong. What convinced you? Hilarious. As to something being grammatically correct versus commonly used, nice try. Hypocrite.
02f74904f50e6e35a25f81a8d43be27c240c3acd9aae9cccd5182e65b387961d.jpg

"You are an odd duck. You argued until you were breathless"

At least I am not a following behind duck like you are. And to say I argued until "breathless" is beyond hyperbole. You may want to recheck my posts before you make such a ridiculous and baseless charge. I also NEVER said I had it all WRONG. The only wrong part was about Clinton being a fugitive.

"You are an odd duck. You argued until you were breathless"

At least I am not a following behind duck like you are. And to say I argued until "breathless" is beyond hyperbole. You may want to recheck my posts before you make such a ridiculous and baseless charge. I also NEVER said I had it all WRONG. The only wrong part was about Clinton being a fugitive.
You forgot about the part that you bold-faced that said Clinton was pardoned by Carter. Clinton was neither pardoned, nor charged with a crime nor is there any evidence that he committed a crime.[roll]Bottom line, nimrod, is that you bought hook, line, and sinker, some discredited piece of garbage that has been passed around in wingnut circles for over a decade and brought it here as fact. You were, once again, shown to be wrong. In typical whacko fashion, you take a kernel of truth and try to make it into something it's not. Shocking:flush:, I know.

You forgot about the part that you bold-faced that said Clinton was pardoned by Carter. Clinton was neither pardoned, nor charged with a crime nor is there any evidence that he committed a crime.[roll]Bottom line, nimrod, is that you bought hook, line, and sinker, some discredited piece of garbage that has been passed around in wingnut circles for over a decade and brought it here as fact. You were, once again, shown to be wrong. In typical whacko fashion, you take a kernel of truth and try to make it into something it's not. Shocking:flush:, I know.

So, bold facing makes it "breathless". And anyone with half a brain could DEDUCE that admitting Clinton was not a felon would also indicate that Carter's pardon would not apply to Clinton. Who is that guy in the picture? Is he one of you snake handling friends?

Midlife Crisis Man, you are WRONG again. No surprise there. You are pretty stupid.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/06/03/cable-news-ratings-for-tuesday-june-2-2015/411732/

BAM! Down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier!

They don't think there are any democratic veterans! Lol. They also confuse support for the military with support for the Defense Industry.
Yea, I mean why would you not support an industry that employs millions of Americans across the country, creates technology repurposed for civilian application, and represents a sizable tax base. That's crazy right? Put those ****ers out of work and dependent on the system so we can take care repurpose the money on people who are too sorry to help themselves. Grow that welfare state!!!!

You are a rocket surgeon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT