ADVERTISEMENT

Esa Ahmad

SteelHeadEer

All-Conference
Feb 2, 2013
Retaking the ACT and taking classes this summer to try to gain eligibility.

Welp.............................

get NB4 he comes running.

Reactions: pressvirginia
it's near impossible to get players like that to come to morgantown, when no strings or special circumstances are attached. i like the gamble. cross your fingers.

it's near impossible to get players like that to come to morgantown, when no strings or special circumstances are attached. i like the gamble. cross your fingers.
You've seen Ahmad's offer list. The reason we got him was nothing to do with academics.

Concerning, yes, is the fact that his academic situation called for the need to retake the ACT & online classes at all. This indicates indeed there was or remains an obstacle to overcome.

Recruiting hype is always a cart before the horse matter that should be taken with caveats. I admit it's hard to not get excited about the potential of all the prospects, but until signed, sealed and delivered in games, it's only projected potential.

Positive is Ahmad's HS coach says he seems to be on track for eligibility. Let's hope for the best.

If someone is taking classes and retaking the ACT its because they are not qualified.

For those that don't know, the higher you score on your ACT, the lower your GPA can be to get into school. The reverse would also be true. If you have a higher GPA the ACT score can be lower.

Esa is taking classes and has retaken the ACT. Everything points to trying to gain eligibility.

Noone is even talking about Myers, arguably as big a recruit when comes to scoring. I am assuming he is also trying to gain eligibility.

I'm not so worried about Ahmad as we can prop him and he could sit out the upcoming season, but Myers doesnt have the time and I'm thinking Dana will need the other prop for Cole or someone else. Looks like Huggs and Holgs might be fighting over the two props we can take a year.

I am only speculating, but to me it makes sense that Ahmad is going the extra mile to 100 percent ensure eligibility. Sitting out a year could ultimately cost him millions. I think we will see him on the floor come November.

Lgm!

I am only speculating, but to me it makes sense that Ahmad is going the extra mile to 100 percent ensure eligibility. Sitting out a year could ultimately cost him millions. I think we will see him on the floor come November.

Lgm!

I hope you are right, I am bumming because I was really hoping he and Myers would make it in and enroll in the 2nd summer session today so we could see them play with th team in the Bahamas. All of that extra time for practicing this summer would have been a huge advantage for the upcoming season.

Reactions: pressvirginia
If someone is taking classes and retaking the ACT its because they are not qualified.

For those that don't know, the higher you score on your ACT, the lower your GPA can be to get into school. The reverse would also be true. If you have a higher GPA the ACT score can be lower.

Esa is taking classes and has retaken the ACT. Everything points to trying to gain eligibility.

Noone is even talking about Myers, arguably as big a recruit when comes to scoring. I am assuming he is also trying to gain eligibility.

I'm not so worried about Ahmad as we can prop him and he could sit out the upcoming season, but Myers doesnt have the time and I'm thinking Dana will need the other prop for Cole or someone else. Looks like Huggs and Holgs might be fighting over the two props we can take a year.

Unless it's changed recently, while two male athletes can be partial qualifiers in the same year they can't be in the same sport. So both Ahmad and Myers couldn't prop in the same year in your example above...

"Under the new Big 12 rules, only two male and two female partial qualifiers are allowed to enroll each year, with no more than one athlete in each sport."
http://www.allsands.com/sports/sports/bigsport_wie_gn.htm

Youre overreacting heavily here..... Esa is taking himself off the bubble of qualifying by improving his test scores, which he did, and by retaking an online course....... He is going from a 10 seed to a 5, so to speak

btw, Vingle's column is likely nothing more than him ripping off what he reads on forums like this one. Staff members have stated Vingle is NOT remotely close enough to the BB program to actually know Ahmad's situation

Myers is fine as well. Summer online courses finish soon. He has been in LA with his family

Youre overreacting heavily here..... Esa is taking himself off the bubble of qualifying by improving his test scores, which he did, and by retaking an online course....... He is going from a 10 seed to a 5, so to speak

btw, Vingle's column is likely nothing more than him ripping off what he reads on forums like this one. Staff members have stated Vingle is NOT remotely close enough to the BB program to actually know Ahmad's situation

Myers is fine as well. Summer online courses finish soon. He has been in LA with his family

You are the one assuming here. I never read Vingle's article.

Don't act as if you know either because you've been wrong about this already and you are in big time spin mode. It wasn't so much as him walking down and getting his diploma as you would have people believe........yeah I watch you guys argue over on that other site.

Myer's is fine huh? I'm pretty sure him being here and getting to practice with the team and getting ready for Atlantis would be a priority. Also, Myers is from NYC and he has family in Georgia. Since when did they all move to LA?

Myers is in LA with his family.

I was told by those among the team what I posted..... So save it

Nice to see that not even a Sweet 16 run will stop you from rooting against WVU just to say "I told ya so"

Myers is in LA with his family.

I was told by those among the team what I posted..... So save it

Nice to see that not even a Sweet 16 run will stop you from rooting against WVU just to say "I told ya so"

You're such a tool. You are called out on every board.

I root for WVU, always have, always will. You root for Bob Huggins, there is a big difference. However, since Huggs is the coach of WVU, I root for him as well.

You get mad if anyone questions anything Huggs does and you try your best to spin or deflect anything negative within the program. We have all watched you do it for years. Your man crush on Huggs is really weird and strange.

I also challenge that you were told anything about Myers from those on the team. I don't believe any player would give you the time of day unless you were handing them a bottle of water.

You got caught lying or just making shit up about Esa on TOS and by doing that you make things worse. I think the kid will be here and I was told by someone that it will be about the middle of July and the worst case scenario is prop for a year. That would suck but I'd be happy with that if we do indeed get his services. I was told Myers had work to do this summer just like Ahmad, but since then I haven't heard anything.

While you do, at times, have nice info to share I have learned you like to BS your way through things too, so you will have to forgive me when you show up in a thread where someone is the least bit critical of anything Huggins.

Lastly, I think Huggins and staff did one of the best coaching jobs ever considering the team he had and the schedule they played. I think the sweet 16 run last year and the entire year in and of itself was one of my favorite ever in WVU BB.

To reiterate a touch of positivity, Vingle did write that he'd reached Shaker Heights head coach last week who said Ahmad seems on track for eligibility. Report included a quote from his coach who said he "scored four points higher" on the ACT. If anyone is in the know on the matter, I don't see how it's not Ahmad's coach. Certainly a strong enough source for me.

Merely academic who is right & wrong. Fans are fans. Reporters are reporters.There is a difference & this is but an amateur device for fans. We can all speculate, but no one can definitively crystal ball this situation, among others. Not even Ahmad. All that matters is he qualifies, joins the team and helps WV win games.

As for Myers, I really really hope it works out too. Wouldn't shock me to see him shine the most among the incoming corp. As a JUCO transfer, clock's ticking with a little more urgency.

Not familiar with the University's academic calendar...what is the next opportunity Ahmad & Myers may enroll if all goes well?? That is the only time to tell. Just my two cents. Thanks, folks.

To reiterate a touch of positivity, Vingle did write that he'd reached Shaker Heights head coach last week who said Ahmad seems on track for eligibility. Report included a quote from his coach who said he "scored four points higher" on the ACT. If anyone is in the know on the matter, I don't see how it's not Ahmad's coach. Certainly a strong enough source for me.

Merely academic who is right & wrong. Fans are fans. Reporters are reporters.There is a difference & this is but an amateur device for fans. We can all speculate, but no one can definitively crystal ball this situation, among others. Not even Ahmad. All that matters is he qualifies, joins the team and helps WV win games.

As for Myers, I really really hope it works out too. Wouldn't shock me to see him shine the most among the incoming corp. As a JUCO transfer, clock's ticking with a little more urgency.

Not familiar with the University's academic calendar...what is the next opportunity Ahmad & Myers may enroll if all goes well?? That is the only time to tell. Just my two cents. Thanks, folks.

There is absolutely no way that Vingle spoke with his coach about this issue because Keaton has told us that our coaches told him that Vingle is clueless. If Vingle is clueless then he couldn't have spoken with Ahmad's coach.

My guess is that Keaton believes his own BS.

What I said was Vingle has no contact with OUR coaches............................... that's why he had to reach out to Ahmad's HS coach to catch some info...

Keep trying, Tambo......... I understand this past season was tough on you and that "growing dissent from Bob Huggins"

lol, clown shoes just keeps walkin'

Posting personal photos of other users is against board policy. Thank you.

Better?

bobhuggins%20-%20Copy.png

Reactions: Mtman 69
Myer's is fine huh? I'm pretty sure him being here and getting to practice with the team and getting ready for Atlantis would be a priority. Also, Myers is from NYC and he has family in Georgia. Since when did they all move to LA?

Apparently Myers won't be on the Bahamas trip.

Apparently Myers won't be on the Bahamas trip.

I kind of figured that to be the case because there was no one talking about Myers. KC said he was visiting family in LA before he came to WVU. Well, we know that is not the case because he would not pass up a trip to the Bahamas and the staff would not waste all of the extra practice time they could have had with Myers because he was " visiting " family in LA even though all of his family is in NYC or Atlanta.

KC gonna do what KC gonna do even if he has to make up half of it.

A lot of people are rightly excited about Ahmad but Myers would have been a huge X factor. Great handles, NBA range on his shot, can create his own shot and drive the paint and either finish or dish.

I'm not upset at the staff because they can't make a guy take care of his books, I just wish the people that do know would say it like Mike did in his tweet. Cut through the BS and let everyone know whats going on unless its medical or something that violates HIPA.

I know what Myers said to Mike but one has to think he's taking a second semester class and a passing grade isn't a guarantee. I wonder if he is taking the classes in his old JUCO which is in LA?

Last edited:
He is taking online courses....

While going on the trip wouod help a lot, it isnt a big deal. In 2011, Hinds didnt arrive until August, missing the trip, and he stepped into the starting PG spot with ease, averaging 8pts, 3 assists

ADVERTISEMENT