ADVERTISEMENT

Dole throws down

GSUsTALON

Junior
Sep 7, 2002
Dole throws down his coal crushing iron gauntlet at TALON!
I thought you guys reserved hat kind of trash for MooUers.

DOLE -"Spoken like someone who has
never been part of a game that matters". Plenty of people still remember WVU beating a loaded #8 Georgia team in a Sugar bowl where WVU had no chance. Plenty of people remember WVU manhandling #3 Oklahoma, who was probably the best team in the country, in the Fiesta Bowl. People still remember, and talk about WVU routing #14 Clemson in a record breaking Orange Bowl. No one outside of Marshall or Georgia Southern alumni and your miniscule fan bases care about your pee wee titles.

TALON - Spoken like a fan of a team that's had 120 years to developed a National Championship football team but has never won a National Championship of any kind in any division! (I'll handle the rest of your post after a few beers - good times)

Since around 1960 there's only been about 20 teams to win a national championship. Rarefied air indeed. I take no humility for not being one of them as most are not. What does separate us and into another level you or most will never attain, is we have played for one in football, basketball, and would have been in another in football had it not been for a selfish coach.

Dole throws down his coal crushing iron gauntlet at TALON!
I thought you guys reserved hat kind of trash for MooUers.

DOLE -"Spoken like someone who has
never been part of a game that matters". Plenty of people still remember WVU beating a loaded #8 Georgia team in a Sugar bowl where WVU had no chance. Plenty of people remember WVU manhandling #3 Oklahoma, who was probably the best team in the country, in the Fiesta Bowl. People still remember, and talk about WVU routing #14 Clemson in a record breaking Orange Bowl. No one outside of Marshall or Georgia Southern alumni and your miniscule fan bases care about your pee wee titles.

TALON - Spoken like a fan of a team that's had 120 years to developed a National Championship football team but has never won a National Championship of any kind in any division! (I'll handle the rest of your post after a few beers - good times)
That may be the worst comeback I have ever seen. Get back to me when your biggest accomplishment is more than barely losing to a couple ACC teams. You sound like a Marshall fan with the whining...

That may be the worst comeback I have ever seen. Get back to me when your biggest accomplishment is more than barely losing to a couple ACC teams. You sound like a Marshall fan with the whining...

What a clever ploy Dole; you call my post weak so you can duck responding to my statement of fact.
AS far as those P5 ACC teams are concerned we played them with the same 63 scholarship players we i2013. I can only wonder how WVU would have done last year with 63 scholarships.

Last edited:
What a clever ploy Dole; you call my post weak so you can duck responding to my statement of fact.
AS far as those P5 ACC teams are concerned we played them with the same 63 scholarship players we i2013. I can only wonder how WVU would have done last year with 63 scholarships.
More whining...

More whining...[/QUOTE]

More stalling!
Why hasn't WVU been able to garner a FBS NC with over 120 years to refine their program?
Of course this is a rhetorical question to which we both know the answer - so I'll move on to the 2nd part of your post.

Since around 1960 there's only been about 20 teams to win a national championship. Rarefied air indeed. I take no humility for not being one of them as most are not. What does separate us and into another level you or most will never attain, is we have played for one in football, basketball, and would have been in another in football had it not been for a selfish coach.

See Dole, BDtheC brings a reasonable response to my question.

We know we aren't on the same all time level as teams like Alabama and Florida. We are still one of the top 20 or so programs. Georgia Southern and Marshall need to realize that they aren't at the same level as WVU and probably never will be.

It is true the Cousins in Morgantown have never won anything of note! They'll point to New Year's day Bowl victory's and those are nice wins but the hard truth is nobody remembers them outside of Morgantown.

It is true the Cousins in Morgantown have never won anything of note! They'll point to New Year's day Bowl victory's and those are nice wins but the hard truth is nobody remembers them outside of Morgantown.

LOL... I guarantee you, people in Oklahoma, Georgia, and South Carolina remember them. Many will remember due to the fact WVU has the record for most points ever scored in a BCS bowl game, and will always have the record. Obviously, EVERYONE in Huntington remembers EVERYTHING WVU does.

People forget losses but maybe the UGA folks remember because of the unusual way the game unfolded. Oklahoma and Clemson were no shows so I'm sure those have been erased from the memory banks!

Bowl game results come down to " who wants to be there" more than who had the best team!

I truly believe, you have no clue how insane, and insanely jealous you sound. It's striking. You live vicariously through everyone WVU plays, you watch our games, memorize our schedule and our opponents, and when WVU wins, you excuse the other team. It's pitiful actually, funny, but truly pitiful. To compare any aspect of Marshall to West Virginia University is an exercise in futility. You will never find anything Marshall is equal to or better than WVU. And, that fact alone, enrages Marshall fans(as minimal as they are)

That is but a truism! Has nothing to do with WVU per se....that's why "upsets" in the Bowl season are common! Best team often lose to the more motivated team!

More people remember our three BCS wins than the pee wee championships that Marshall paid $25/hour for.

Hahahahahahhahhahahaha....nobody said that! Geez, all you boys had to do was beat UConn and USF to get a BCS bid for years! You had a free pass for 8 years!

Hahahahahahhahhahahaha....nobody said that! Geez, all you boys had to do was beat UConn and USF to get a BCS bid for years! You had a free pass for 8 years!
Says the guy whose team's schedule ranks worse than 20 or so DIAA teams. That is why you are the board hypocrite...

Says the guy whose team's schedule ranks worse than 20 or so DIAA teams. That is why you are the board hypocrite...
Hahahahahhahaahahahahaha...our schedule never got us a free pass into the BCS like the Old Big Least did. I kind of miss the big WVU- UConn tilts!

Hahahahahhahaahaahahaha...our schedule never got us a free pass into the BCS like the Old Big Least did. I kind of miss the big WVU- UConn tilts!
Hahahahahahahahahahaha! How many ranked teams have you beaten in the past decade, hypocrite?

Your premise was the absurd " remember when you dumb bastards said MU would win a BCS game before WVU? Of course nobody said that because to not recognize WVU had a free pass into the BCS would have been the work of a dumb bastard! MU would have had to go through WW III to get BCS shot, WVU had to beat UConn!

Your premise was the absurd " remember when you dumb bastards said MU would win a BCS game before WVU? Of course nobody said that because to not recognize WVU had a free pass into the BCS would have been the work of a dumb bastard! MU would have had to go through WW III to get BCS shot, WVU had to beat UConn!
Thanks for proving yourself a liar and a hypocrite, yet again...

Damn Dole
I think that conversing with TONYcried & Hump have tainted you.
More so I think those two have placed a VooDoo back wood hex on your @ss & an internet football demon in your @ss.

Now the only way to truly get rid of that type of cursed demon and that's to have it beaten out of you in Sept. , but that doesn't help you now. Here's the way to handle the current problem or a quick fix if you will.

QUICK FIX DEMON TAMER! - Buy yourself an enema bottle. replace contents with 190 grain alcohol, insert and inject contents. This will not vanquish the demon, but will make HIM more manageable and give you hallucinogenic mind bender. You'll be much more capable of posting a corgil post although it may be a little incoherent. Still, it's better than the abrasive posts you've been posting with your typing tooth.

DOLE - Plenty of people still remember WVU beating a loaded #8 Georgia team in a Sugar bowl where WVU had no chance. Plenty of people remember WVU manhandling #3 Oklahoma, who was probably the best team in the country, in the Fiesta Bowl. People still remember, and talk about WVU routing #14 Clemson in a record breaking Orange Bowl. No one outside of Marshall or Georgia Southern alumni and your miniscule fan bases care about your pee wee titles.

#3 Oklahoma, #8 Georgia team, WVU routing #14 - ALL QUALITY BOWL WINS!

In FCS, in order to win a NC you must first defeat a top 16 team in the playoffs, then a top 8 team, a top 4 team and then the proven #1 team from the other bracket. The 16 team playoff system is much more rigorous in determining a National Champion than a 1 & done bowl gam where the supposed top 2 teams play each other for the NC. I am happy to see the FBS finally realizing this and installing a 4 team playoff system in which #4 ended up winning the NC. It is my hope that they expand to 8 teams & maybe 12. The rest of the quallified teams can play in bowl that organizes & ranks the teams.

A playoff winner is more impressive to me than a one & done bowl win.

You beat a bunch of DIA rejects with a bunch of DIA rejects. Very impressive... For me to poop on!

You beat a bunch of DIA rejects with a bunch of DIA rejects. Very impressive... For me to poop on!

Maybe So, 63 FCS rejects against other teams 63 rejects but we were able told those rejects into FCS National Champion rejects.

That brings up a good point, Dole. What has WVU been doing all these years with their 85 blue chips?? Was it your coaching staff that let you down in your quest for a NC? It has to be because with 85 blue chippers
you should have gotten at least one, ONE (1) - RIGHT?

This year you will be playing against 70 FCS rejects and getting your feelings hurt!

What does the number of rejects have to do with anything? Would 25 rejects beating 25 rejects be even more impressive? WV Single A high school has a champion every year, too. Maybe they are better than the Seahawks...

Based on you logic you would have a Pee Wee FBS title if you had won one. The NFL pulls its blue chips from collage. Are you saying WVU could compete at the NFL level? If not than you have a Pee Wee team. Is that your reasoning?

What does the number of rejects have to do with anything? Would 25 rejects beating 25 rejects be even more impressive? WV Single A high school has a champion every year, too. Maybe they are better than the Seahawks...

So look down on WV high school ball also!
If it doesn't mean anything to you having 85 Blue Chips than have WVU drop to 63. IT would save you a lot of money. Now you have never explained haven't won an FBS NC with all your grand FBS players? For some reason you keep on avoiding that quesion!

63 scholarships in FBS. Come on Dole, Push for your team to play us with 63.
You'd be my hero!
Now it may or may not heart you this year but doing it for 3 years would stop the development of 22 players & hert your depth!

Last edited:

Someone forgot to mention that our EASY schedules included Marshall.

Someone forgot to mention that those very seasons included a win over Georgia and absolutely dominating Oklahoma and Clemson.

So look down on WV high school ball also!
If it doesn't mean anything to you having 85 Blue Chips than have WVU drop to 63. IT would save you a lot of money. Now you have never explained haven't won an FBS NC with all your grand FBS players? For some reason you keep on avoiding that quesion!
We haven't won a championship because there was at least one team better than us every year. Are you mildly retarded?

63 scholarships in FBS. Come on Dole, Push for your team to play us with 63.
You'd be my hero!
Now it may or may not heart you this year but doing it for 3 years would stop the development of 22 players & hert your depth!
Are you begging for welfare like Marshall now?

We haven't won a championship because there was at least one team better than us every year. Are you mildly retarded?

U name caller U - Bwha, ha, ha, ha............ ;-)

DOLE - "We haven't won a championship because there was at least one team better than us every year."

**Bingo, you are right sir! Maybe since 1960 and 45 years of trying you should drop down to FCS.
MAYBE THEN YOU COULD WIN A COVETED NC. - MAYBE!

U name caller U - Bwha, ha, ha, ha............ ;-)

DOLE - "We haven't won a championship because there was at least one team better than us every year."

**Bingo, you are right sir! Maybe since 1960 and 45 years of trying you should drop down to FCS.
MAYBE THEN YOU COULD WIN A COVETED NC. - MAYBE!
People shouldn't buy Porsches because they aren't as fast as airplanes...

You know Dole, I think you should have a Porsche to get to your private jet.
I think you deserve it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT